Guest CyberSlash009

Mail

48 members have voted

1. 1. where do ya fit in?

• White hat
    • Black Hat
    • Gray Hat
    • I don't wear any fukking hats.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 posts in this topic

I mean mail services. sorry i cant edit the poll.

i got gmail it pwns

Edited by CyberSlash009

GMail when it comes out of beta

G-mail, since I already have it, it owns.

G-mail, since I already have it, it owns.

Same here.

D. Host your own.

Best choice I've ever made. Plus it's fun to fuck with the spammers.

gmail, but hosting your own sounds like fun, damn dialup

Anyone got an extra gmail invite ot throw my way? :P I wanna get an account before all the cool names are taken!

tons of cool names are WAY gone, registering a few accounts i tried tons of random stuff that was taken. for instance drunkdriver@gmail was taken:(

hehe I have unknownuser@gmail.com

is that a cool name?

Edited by darkraider

Gmail is the only service that I choose to use. The others are a necessity.

I just got a Gmail account. IS there a way to invite others? I'm not sure how it works.

To up your chances of beingable to use an invite i think you gotta use gmail alot.

it's all about the linuxmail, works great for me. Though, I'd like to try out Gmail.

i'd really like an gmail account. but yea. i got my own hosted email.

Gmail is awesome even though i also use yahoo.

lol. I use one of those free pop accounts. I dont get any spam at least. I have limited upload but I use my ISP's smtp server.

Its easy not to get any spam.. Just do all of your signing up to services with a junk account. I havn't gotten a single piece of spam in a year.

DON'T GET GMAIL!!!

Gmail uses advanced search engines to search through all your email, so they can send you advertisements that match your interests.

You may get 1 GB of email storage, but you also can't delete any emails, and Gmail automatically saves all your emails in two different databases, one of which you have no access to!

Can you say "Search Warrent"? *POOF* Law enforcement can read all your emails from once you setup the account. As well as when ever they want, and they have the warrent ready to go as we speak and are currently viewing atleast every beta tester!

But if non of that matters to you go ahead. Personally I recomend yahoo, it gives you 100 MBs of storage which is virtually all you need, or just make your own mail server, its extremely easy!

Go register a domain, buy a 250MHz PII system for $75 on ebay, slap Mandrake on it, install DNS, HTTP, and Email Services and voila! You've got your very own email at your own domain.

Gmail is extremely overated, stupid, and violates more than one law! I am highly against it! Consider also what it does, its just not worth the GB.

7/10 people I know got a Gmail invite used it for about a month then switched to

yahoo.

Edited by Spency

Im using free Yahoo! for years and that's enough web-based mail account space for me... When Inbox is full, I use Yahoo POPs to d/l mails--- 100MB free since a while ago - dont need mooooooreee... :)

Gmail is extremely overated, stupid, and violates more than one law! I am highly against it

Its not illegal, you agree to everything upon signing up. I would also recommend you dont talk about anything you wouldnt mind somebody else reading on just about anything you do on the internet. If you still want you use GMail, why not just encode it to PGP and then decode it seperatly? A hassle yes, but another step towards privacy

DON'T GET GMAIL!!!

Gmail uses advanced search engines to search through all your email, so they can send you advertisements that match your interests.

You may get 1 GB of email storage, but you also can't delete any emails, and Gmail automatically saves all your emails in two different databases, one of which you have no access to!

Can you say "Search Warrent"? *POOF* Law enforcement can read all your emails from once you setup the account. As well as when ever they want, and they have the warrent ready to go as we speak and are currently viewing atleast every beta tester!

But if non of that matters to you go ahead. Personally I recomend yahoo, it gives you 100 MBs of storage which is virtually all you need, or just make your own mail server, its extremely easy!

Go register a domain, buy a 250MHz PII system for $75 on ebay, slap Mandrake on it, install DNS, HTTP, and Email Services and voila! You've got your very own email at your own domain.

Gmail is extremely overated, stupid, and violates more than one law! I am highly against it! Consider also what it does, its just not worth the GB.

7/10 people I know got a Gmail invite used it for about a month then switched to

yahoo.

I would suggest you read http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/4707. Second I dont know how anyone could prefer yahoo over gmail after using gmail. Not only does gmail offer the large space but it also offers the best spam controle I have ever seen. Along with the most inovative way of reading email. Gmail blows away any other service I have used.