Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ntheory

BellsMind.net announcement

86 posts in this topic

Yeah, I made mods last week that made it possible to submit toll-free numbers. Also, thanks to GIJoe's suggestion, you can now submit 710 toll-free numbers as well.

I heard a rumor that NANPA assigned it and then revoked it around the same time that 866, 877, and 888 were issued. Apparently the toll-free demand wasn't high enough for them to keep it assigned.

oh, cause there are sites offering 855 numbers, they say "npa to be asigned."

t3st_s3t is setting a trap for us!! DONT TRUST HIM....

jk. he posted some leet numbers though. thanks t3st_s3t if you are seeing this

I'll be adding some scans soon to bellsmind,Things have just been hot you know.Be back soon.

So are you in the need of payphone numbers? Black Hand and I have around 80 or so and were wondering if you would like us to add them to your list.

All numbers are welcome. I added all of PWF payphones into there under the PWF account.

Feel free to submit as many payphone numbers as you'd like. I know I have a stack of them sitting around here that are going to go in tonight.

^ BUMP ^

Just added a feature to suggest numbers while you're scanning. After you submit a number it'll put in a random suffix that you haven't submitted before if you check the box at the bottom of the form.

You can have it either suggest a random NPA, NXX, and Suffix or an NXX, and a suffix or just a suffix.

So far it's made scanning a lot less mundane on my side. ^_^

Ok are ppl submiting dead numbers?Like I have thousands and thousands of dead numbers(NIS) I just didnt want to submit them b/c I thought that was pretty lame to,since they are nothing.What do you want?You want to submit the complete scans eg:602-998-00xx ??

I think that dead number submissions are fine for completeness. Occassionally we should probably rescan NIS and DISCO numbers to see if they're still dead.

I'm interested in having the site have as many numbers as possible and to help people avoid scanning numbers that we know are already dead.

hey not theory, you should make it so that you can see all the numbers a certain person has submitted. just a thought. lates.

Yeah, as soon as I get to DefCon and/or work clears up I'll add it.

oh nice. i forgot your a busy bee :lol: ill stop making all these suggestions till were at defcon and you have some time to work on it.

Defcon is going to be fun:D

I have never been to Vegas.Im 22 and should of went a long time ago.I got one of those "Don Vitto" scooterswaiting for me at the hotel to move me around the hotels.like in the grocery markets.In case I get to drunk to walk,it will be fun driving one of those things around.

In case I get to drunk to walk,it will be fun driving one of those things around.

Lol, that's all we need. A drunk man driving a cart down the sidewalk.

oh nice. i forgot your a busy bee :lol: ill stop making all these suggestions till were at defcon and you have some time to work on it.

Nonono, make all the suggestions now before they're forgotten. I'll play catchup later.

Gotta pimp out Bell's Mind as much as possible.

I just tried the website from the Lynx browser, and I gotta say, that for a website with frames, it's very workable.

I've tried it with "links" (not "lynx") and it wasn't so bad. It's also pretty usable on my cell phone.

^ BUMP ^

There's some experimental code up there now to allow people to edit submissions. Let me know how it works. All you need to do it browse to the NPA/NXX that you submitted the number in and click on it. Only numbers that you submitted will be links. It will then take you back to the submission page with the revision flag set.

^ BUMP ^

Majestic gave me the 944 project stuff so I put it up under "The 944 Project" account.

Unfortunately there are no number types specified since I batched the job. They're all "normal".

Anyways, I've finally reached the limits of how many numbers can be displayed on one page (style-wise). I'm looking for new layout ideas. I thought maybe doing it by thousands block would work and take some of the load off of the DB. Any thoughts?

Defcon is going to be fun:D

I have never been to Vegas.Im 22 and should of went a long time ago.I got one of those "Don Vitto" scooterswaiting for me at the hotel to move me around the hotels.like in the grocery markets.In case I get to drunk to walk,it will be fun driving one of those things around.

watch the pools at the alexus park! i can picture a power wheelchair going into one of the 3 real easy.. or the fountain, or the hottubs..

^ BUMP ^

Another Bell's Mind update.

I've added (in place of the original welcome.php page) a blog with the simplest blogging software out there... nanoblogger. It's so barebones that it's just a bash script.

Anyway, I'm going to put news there, etc. etc. Right now I'm looking for more shows to put on the machine. So go to the page and check it out. If run a show that meets the basic criteria then e-mail me and we can get started.

holy shit bellsmind is leet! over 8000+ numbers now?!?! omg! i definately need to get you my numbers while at defcon.

I also need to start working on new ways to look at the data. A lot of people have been asking for beefed up search capabilities.

I'm hoping the site has 10K numbers by DC. :D

^ BUMP ^

Added "Business" and "Residence" number types. I'm eventually going to drop the "Normal" type since it is past its useful lifetime.

If you have time please go back and update anything you've submitted that you can reclassify. Soon I'll be adding pages that let you look through all the numbers you've submitted so you don't have to track them down by NPA/NXX. If you've got a lot of numbers you're probably better off waiting until then.

I'll also be going through when I have free time and reclassifying/cleaning up numbers on other people's accounts.

Should we just be using the version of PhreakML you described before, or do you have an updated version you want us to use?