Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ntheory

BellsMind.net announcement

86 posts in this topic

That is very nice, incredibly useful, would you mind releases at least some of the php? (I'm just now learning php)

It'll all get out there as soon as I can. Right now I just have to decide if the current design makes enough sense to show to the world. :P

Maybe by DefCon I'll have it ironed out.

That is very nice, incredibly useful, would you mind releases at least some of the php? (I'm just now learning php)

It'll all get out there as soon as I can. Right now I just have to decide if the current design makes enough sense to show to the world. :P

Maybe by DefCon I'll have it ironed out.

I like the minimalist, non-B.S. look.

It's functional and that's what matters. The only change I'd make personally, is make a non frames version also. Not because the frames version isn't good, but if you're using a browser that doesn't support frames, or you're using it from a terminal it just makes for easier navigation.

^ BUMP ^

Updated for HOPE!

Ok, you can now register for Bell's Mind to submit scanned numbers. Go to Bell's Mind, click on the image, and then register. You'll be e-mailed a confirmation code. Then verify your account with it and start submitting numbers.

NPA/NXXes will show up as bold and italicized in the NPA search if there are scanned numbers there. 914, 810, and 909 have numbers submitted already. Submit as much as you can!

There are bound to be bugs because it's a total hack job. PM/e-mail me with anything that goes wrong. Also let me know if you accidentally double submit numbers so I can fix them.

^ BUMP ^

Updated for HOPE!

Ok, you can now register for Bell's Mind to submit scanned numbers. Go to Bell's Mind, click on the image, and then register. You'll be e-mailed a confirmation code. Then verify your account with it and start submitting numbers.

NPA/NXXes will show up as bold and italicized in the NPA search if there are scanned numbers there. 914, 810, and 909 have numbers submitted already. Submit as much as you can!

There are bound to be bugs because it's a total hack job. PM/e-mail me with anything that goes wrong. Also let me know if you accidentally double submit numbers so I can fix them.

Why not code a script that will clean out double posted numbers and run it via weekly cronjob?

I'll consider the cron job but right now I'm happy that it's up and running finally. :P

USOCs are up and the number submission is more user friendly now.

nottheory, your the man!

UPDATE: Shouts to Phreakblaze for pointing out a bug that I introduced in the code today. It was a typo that blocked new number submissions. It has been fixed.

I submited a number where the only thing you get when dialed is a dialtone, but there is no "dial tone" selection in the types to select. Just leting you know, something to add possibly.

Added "Tone" to keep the length of the list down. I updated your submission to number type "Tone".

EDIT: Shouts to everyone submitting numbers, BTW. There's almost 100 now.

sorry didn't notice "tone"

Nonono, I added it since you suggested it. You didn't miss anything.

Thanks for the numbers!

This site is a sweet deal! I may have a few bad things to say about Mies van der Rohe, but I think the look of the site is quite refreshing.

I entered a few numbers, the whole thing is very easy to use. Although, I also have a few numbers that don't fit into the categories, such as room mics, or whatever you would call them, and non-pay public phones.

Anyway this site is awsome, and I hope that it stays around forever.

Woah... I was just about to post asking for something like that because randomly clicking exchanges wasn't a very effective way of finding them. :lol:

me, too, I was thinking of suggesting the same exact thing, cool.

t3st_s3t did a lot!

^ BUMP ^

This is why I drink coffee... it makes me uber-productive.

Anyway, the welcome page (now welcome.php not welcome.html) shows the top scanners. t3st_s3t is still the leader!

Also, the scan status page shows the last few scanned numbers so you can tell if people have been busy since your last visit. :D

who is t3st_s3t anyways? i dont think ive ever heard that name before.

I'm not really sure but it looks like they're doing a decent job at contributing scans. Keep it up!

same here...

Your productivity is going to pay off in scaning, because we all want to be on top, I only have local service, so I'm screwed.

There's nothing wrong with a little competition.

Sorry to hear you only have local service. You could always do 800, 866, 877 scanning though. Just be courteous (ie. "Oops! Wrong number" instead of just hanging up) and you'll probably be OK.

Has anyone ever had any issues scanning toll-free exchanges?

BTW, on a related topic... would the 944 guys be willing to submit their numbers to Bell's Mind? I've been dying to see the results. I tried calling one of the numbers from one of dual's blocks and got different results so I posted it. Ah... that also reminds me that multiple people can submit the same number but one user cannot submit a number twice. This is just in case a number has different results from alternate locations.

i will def submit some numbers from my 944 scans. theres ALOT of garbage and random shit tho so ill try to only submit cool ones. ill get those to you by the weekend nottheory.

I didn't know we could submit toll free ones, cool.

Hey I heard something about the 855 toll free exchange being up soon (when, I don't know). Any one else know any thing?