jamesmalone

What internet browser do you use

54 members have voted

1. 1. where do ya fit in?

• White hat
    • Black Hat
    • Gray Hat
    • I don't wear any fukking hats.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 posts in this topic

I was wondering which internet explorer everyone reccomended for most reliable internet access with security?

There have been multiple threads about this, please do a search first.

Opera is closed source, I'd use it if they opened it

I use firefox, and btw, there is a new version out, 0.9.1 bugfix and themefix :P

Can it use 0.8 extensions?

Edited by Dial Tone

some yes, i use "scrollbar anywhere" which makes it so u can scroll by right clicking, i had it on 0.8 and it works on 0.9 and 0.91

Im glad to see that nobody is using internet explorer. Its crap, total crap. Firefox is quality.

Im glad to see that nobody is using internet explorer. Its crap, total crap. Firefox is quality.

I wonder why no one chose Netscape. Netscape used to be a pretty good browser. I haven't used it in a long time, so it might be crappy now.

mabe i should switch to firefox :(

I remember that on an early episode of Radio Freek America, dual_parallel discussed Netscape and how it is now bloated and slow. Speaking from personal experience, I once downloaded the Netscape Browser for Windows, just to mess with it, and it was horrible! It was way too big, not very fast, and installed a lot of crap on my computer that took me a while to find and delete. If you like Netscape, I would suggest Mozilla Firefox. It is based on the Netscape browser; it is much smaller; it is open source; it is VERY fast; and it has tabbed browsing, a feature that has become a must have to me. So go for Firefox; you will most likely not be disappointed.

Edited by Elzair

Safari! :voteyes:

OK, it's only for the Mac, but it's great. I also use Firefox for OS X and on my other boxes. Might interest some to note that Firefox and Safari are very, very similar in their featureset, and almost identical in their UI layout. Minimal interface intrusion, google search, tabbed browsing, pop-up blocking, etc.

One feature I really like about Safari that Firefox lacks is what they call page snapback. Say you're working through a page of links, and you really get into one site off your main links page. You click through a few pages, get deeper and deeper and exhaust the info, and decide to go back to the original link page. You were a dumbass and forgot to open the original link in a new tab, and you don't feel like wading through your recent history. In safari you can mark a page for snapback, go as far or as deep as you want following links, click once and be right back where you started. Very handy.

PF

Mozilla Firefox 0.9 for thw windoze pwns. and thats what i use. :D

Another Safari junkie here. Stable, fast, based on open source projects.... :voteyes:

I primarily use Firefox 0.8, but PDF support is terrible. It hangs and often crashes when I open a PDF.

Additionally, when designing a web page I always check it in firefox and IE. The two browsers parse HTML differently and display colors differently.