Followers 0
813_Error

Slack 10

23 posts in this topic

Yes....YES!

Ill be throwing that on my new hd.

Seed torrents much?

Edited by DigitalAttrition

downloading the whole mirror as we speak. I might be able to host the iso's for a short while.

downloading the whole mirror as we speak. I might be able to host the iso's for a short while.

If you could do that, that'd rock! Torrent isn't working for me.

downloading the whole mirror as we speak.  I might be able to host the iso's for a short while.

If you could do that, that'd rock! Torrent isn't working for me.

Mainly because I am nice:

Edit: Mirror taken down due to people being stupid.

I only have discs 1 and 2 because thats all I use.

One at a time please, be gentle.

Edited by BlackRatchet

I'm a little surprised that 10 is using the 2.4 kernel instead of 2.6...

BTW, is Volkerding reading the forums? I thought I just saw a thread wondering about Slack 10 yesterday or the day before...

PF

I'm a little surprised that 10 is using the 2.4 kernel instead of 2.6...

BTW, is Volkerding reading the forums? I thought I just saw a thread wondering about Slack 10 yesterday or the day before...

You can use 2.6 there is a way of using 2.6.7, it's just that it's 'Not Supported' *minor music*

I think Pat commented on this and said something along the lines of wanting to wait until it was stable enough by his judgement, and when it reached that state, it was too late to be included into 10.0, 10.1 will be shipping with it by default, IIRC.

I am actually suprised how fast it was between the RC and the final. I need to check but I think it might be a record. :)

I'm a little surprised that 10 is using the 2.4 kernel instead of 2.6....

I was surprised by this as well. Oh well, might as well install a new kernel while Im at it.

Edited by DigitalAttrition

ok who has installed it and do you have probles i install (not upgraded) but i did leave my home directory and so for its been freezing on me iam thinking i need to update the kernel to 2.6.7

I formatted (for no apparent reason, as I was running current) and I'm running 10 now. Niceness.

9.1 was 2.6.x kernel ready. should have no problems with 10 using 2.6.x kernels

i just did that with slack 10 and it was trying to downgrade some programs?

First post from the new Slack 10 box running flux :D

Ok after about 8 or 9 so odd hours of experimenting if found what i did wrong at least with the inicial problem and when installing you always have to do swap again even if you already have it (please dont laugh at me :cry: ) its all part of learning.

but when i tryed to upgrade the kernel it said could not mount fs to hda1(also tried hda in lilo?) need less to say i never got it to update no biggie but i think i would like to have the latest kernel.

give my some pointers on that if you can.one other thing i changed is i went to ext2

so far slackware 10 rocks and ive seen alot of new options :voteyes:

This is my first time using flux, so Im still getting used to it. I like it pretty well. Now if I could only figure out how to put on a new wallpaper :blink:

This is my first time using flux, so Im still getting used to it. I like it pretty well. Now if I could only figure out how to put on a new wallpaper :blink:

$ fbsetbg /path/to/wallpaper.jpg

Weheyyy *downloads*

First post from the new Slack 10 box running flux  :D

Nice setup. I use the same thing. ;) Here's the style I use: style

Edited by skilar

9.1 was 2.6.x kernel ready. should have no problems with 10 using 2.6.x kernels

i'm really not surprised, 2.4 is actually a lot more stable then 2.6. i've had some people tell me horror stories about how badly the lkm setup is implemented. I actually use 2.6, but don't be surprised by very common updates.

Got Slack10.0 going last night thanks to replax, Its really nice. Alot more things worked for me 'out of the box' so Im very happy with it.

ERROR!

Work gave me an old PII 500Mhz Dell Dimension they were otherwise going to trash, even though there's nothing wrong with it. I installed Slack 10 on it yesterday without any problems....everything works, except the sound. Will have to work on that. A bit more challenging and involved than the typical OS X install, but seems worth the effort.

Now I just need to find time to experiment with it.......