Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spaz101

tele recording

10 posts in this topic

Wow, that looks like it would produce better quality recordings than the pickup coil I puchased at Radio Shack. I bet the innards of that device are pretty simple though. Schematic anyone?

You can buy something similar at Fry's for $7, or you can build one yourself for $cheaper

Is it just me or is the only origainal idea they have is that their litte piece of hardware goes between the handset and base of the phone? I remeber buying a modem a long time ago and it came with answering mechine software and software to record/playback to the phoneline is easly downloadable.

This is the schematic for what I built. It works really nicely, but it assumes a Western Electric telephone set; most importantly, it assumes the presence of the varistor from the receiver element in the handset.

recordingpatch.gif

any universal ones? im sure i can find one easy but this is less work asking you all :) can that work on different phones

The patch I've made does seem to work quite well on any phone. The only reason for my disclaimer is that I know it works excellently on a WE phone, but your mileage may vary when using other telephones.

I actually have one of those teletools. I hook it up to my digital recording studio so I can get a great quality recording with it. Works great.

it's a pretty simple peice of hardware I'm sure you could contruct one of much higher quality easily. It may not look as 'cool' but I bet it damn well works better. I'd go with stroms schematic and tool around with it for a while. Maybe amplify it, convert it to a low impedence signal to cut out noise and stuff.