Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tink0rTrain

Currency

12 posts in this topic

Confederate.jpg

Here white Sword , now we know what a C note looked like back then! :grr:

Edited by Tink0rTrain

Indeed..I do. DOes anyone know how much one Dinar is equivalent to United States currency?

From the latest info (May 31) on the US Financial Management Service website:

$1.00 = IRAQ-DINAR 1421.0000

But my math totally sux0rs, so one dinar would be what, about 14ยข?

I have some Bulgarian and Napalese money I got out of a cereal box in the early 90's. No joke. Back around '90 or '91 Cookie Crisp had low value foreign currency as the prize in the box. If I can find it when I get home, I'll scan and post them.

I'm visiting my mom for a few days and rememebred that she has a Confederate $20 bill I framed and gave to her as a present several years ago (she's a bigtime Civil War buff). This gave me a good chance to try the camera in my new T610:

condollar1.jpg

condollar2.jpg

condollar3.jpg

that's some quality money there!

and no...$1/D1421 = 1/14.21 cents.....as in it takes 14.21 dinar to equal 1 cent

I'm visiting my mom for a few days and rememebred that she has a Confederate $20 bill I framed and gave to her as a present several years ago (she's a bigtime Civil War buff). This gave me a good chance to try the camera in my new T610:

condollar1.jpg

condollar2.jpg

condollar3.jpg

wow, that's a killer piece of history. is that a portrait of Jefferson Davis?

and no...$1/D1421 = 1/14.21 cents.....as in it takes 14.21 dinar to equal 1 cent

Yeah, I knew as I was typing it that I was probably dividing bass ackwards. My math totally sucks to begin with, but then no sleep in two days doesn't help either. Thanks for doin' the math for me. ;)

wow, that's a killer piece of history. is that a portrait of Jefferson Davis?

Yes, that be JD.

I found it in an antique store back in '99 and bought it for $25. I framed it and gave it to my mom, since she's a bit of a Civil War historian (published researcher, Master's thesis on the Massachusetts 55th black regiment).

When I framed it I cut a rectangle out of the back of the matte so you can flip it over and read the back. I was going to post pictures of that too, but the way it's framed you really can't see much in a pic.