logan5

cellphone ringtones

19 posts in this topic

I upgraded to a Sony Ericsson T610 today, and am having fun using the Bluetooh goodness with my PowerBook.

I love the phone so far, but can not stand the default ringtones that came with it. I've searched online, but all I can find are places with:

A: Pay sites with ringtones

B: Music ringtones (I just want simple electronic phone rings)

C: Sites in the UK that don't have a US option for compatibility

All I want is a FREE source for non-music ringtones, preferably something similar to the cell phone ring from The Matrix. Where do yooze guyz get all your phun phone stuph?

TIA

And if anybody has that ring that is on their CTU office phones in 24.... :)

i envy you sooo much, i want that phone, its got IR,bluetooth, built in camera, it's fuckin sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

I have it on my Cisco 7960 in *.raw format if that is any help?

how hard is it to make your own ringtones? it's just some kind of MIDI, right?

I have it on my Cisco 7960 in *.raw format if that is any help?

Yes! Ok I thought it was a Cisco phone, but didnt want to guess :)

Actually I have a Nokia 3595 so I would have to figure out how to change that into a MIDI and then upload it to a site and from there attempt to download it to my phone.... I think it would work if its possible for raw -> midi conversion

i envy you sooo much, i want that phone, its got IR,bluetooth, built in camera, it's fuckin sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

It's a great phone, but seriously needs a case. The thing is a fingerprint magnet.

I got mine from BJs Wholesale Club for $100, with a $100 rebate with a T-Mobile account, so it'll end up being FRRREEEEEEEE. I think the rebate promo lasts until the end of June, for anyone interested.

Well.....I DID leave with a smile........ ;)

and it's a wholesale club, so you get many bj's for the price of one

hey do you know how(if the t616/610 can) to change the main display text, cingular/at&t etc etc, like you can with nokias.

Have yet to get into looking into anything like that. I've found cool site that seems like a good resource for the T610: http://www.myt610.net/

They have a forum that I haven't had time to peruse. I DID find lots of cool themes and such there. Cell Phone Hacks.com has a T610 forum as well, but also isn't something I've had time to read.

I'm hoping to get more into "having some phun" with it, but just need to find the time.

logan have you figured out how to send files via bluetooth to the 610/616? i want to send a picture to my phone so i can use it as a wallpaper but i cant seem to get it to work on xp nor osx.

Edit: i found out that i couldnt use a bmp like they said i could, bastards. i got it to work finally.

Edited by Dramius

Can't help you with Windows, but for OS X you just go to your menu bar, click the Bluetooth icon so the pull down menu drops open and select "Send File". That will open the Bluetooh File Exchange app, you choose the file you want to send, and BAM! Done.

Of course, you first have to set up you OS X machine as a device with the phone. Just go to Bluetooth set up to do that. Piece o' cake. :D

Bah,Midi is the format of the ring tones.If you search for ring tones youll get shit that wants you to pay.,If you search for download midi youll find sites with 4 minutes ringtones or 8 how ever long the song is for free.

If anyone needs symbianware hit me up.I can help out with a megap4k.

where did you get the phone and where did you get it

btw, this might be old but suprnova.org has links at the top and bottom of the page with free ringtones, also little screen pictures