Y0ungBra1n

Crappy Windows Help...

5 posts in this topic

I tried to change my nic's mac address so i could get on the computer, but its seems i have completely screwed up the comp. I need some help. I have hosed it and need some help recovering. I have tried everything. I system restored, reinstalled nic, and reinstalled microsoft protocal thing...

It boots up everything, and it stops when trying to boot up the network (i think). It boots into safe mode of stuff and when i try and winipcfg but says that the ip configuration has an error. Now that i uninstalled the nic i can't reconfigure the tcp/ip stuff, or at least thats what i think i need to do. It comes up with a black screen with that infamous blinkin cursor, and sometimes it came up with a wonderful win protection error.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this fun one. Does anyone know ANY way i can fix this. If i have to reinstall, i want to KEEP the programs that are on there already!!!! :cry:

DAMMIT, sometimes :mumble:

If it is running XP, you can try the recovery option on the install cd.

its windows 98, forgot that detail... :lol:

Hmm, i think i fixed it. I recovered it through pcrestor.bat that comes with win98. Then i booted into safe mode and reconfigured my tcp/ip settings. then i booted up. It worked, ONLY when the monitor was off though... Wonder if that has to do with anything. Well, anyway, it works and I'm not going to get busted by my parents, so i am ok ^_^

Thanks though B)