Mr Poop

Op diverting does not work in my area

40 posts in this topic

Although I do think there needs to be a fresh reminder to everyone on which ones are Flex and which are Real-Time.

There is no such thing as "Flex ANI" and "Realtime ANI" (at least not in this context). What is mistakenly called "Flex" is really the Calling Party Number (CPN); what's mistakenly called "Realtime" is actually the Billing Telephone Number (BTN). There's also a pair of digits indicating class of service, called ANI II digits, which are delivered independently of the CPN or BTN.

There is something called Real-Time ANI Delivery which is available if you are on an ISDN circuit, and basically just means that your choice of CPN or BTN is delivered in the ISDN SETUP message, instead of appearing on your telephone bill after the nightly data processing takes place. It is NOT, however, a piece of data; it's a service.

Hope that clears things up for you.

What is mistakenly called "Flex" is really the Calling Party Number (CPN); what's mistakenly called "Realtime" is actually the Billing Telephone Number (BTN).

Wouldn't it be the other way around?

What is mistakenly called "Flex" is really the Calling Party Number (CPN); what's mistakenly called "Realtime" is actually the Billing Telephone Number (BTN).

Wouldn't it be the other way around?

I always heard phreaks refer to realtime ANI as the billed number...

could someone please throw me a bone and let me know what ANACs read the CPN and which read BPN? since you can op divert to 1800-555-1140 and it reads the call center number, I assume it's reading flex/CPN. Do BPN ANACs exist? seems like they'd be just as easy to implement as the other, as they're both just taken from the ss7 frames.

Edited by neuro

could someone please throw me a bone and let me know what ANACs read the CPN and which read BPN? since you can op divert to 1800-555-1140 and it reads the call center number, I assume it's reading flex/CPN. Do BPN ANACs exist? seems like they'd be just as easy to implement as the other, as they're both just taken from the ss7 frames.

I think that, typically, ISDN PRI trunks are set to display CPN, because that tends to be more useful than BTN; for example, if you're calling from a large PBX with DID, the CPN may be your DID number but the BTN will likely just be the main switchboard number.

Edited by Strom Carlson

I think that, typically, ISDN PRI trunks are set to display CPN, because that tends to be more useful than BTN; for example, if you're calling from a large PBX with DID, the CPN may be your DID number but the BTN will likely just be the main switchboard number.

it'd probably take nothing more than a simple shell script to set up BTN logging in asterisk.

it'd probably take nothing more than a simple shell script to set up BTN logging in asterisk.

The key point, though, is that your ISDN trunk can only be provisioned to receive either one or the other. You can't get both at the same time with ISDN.

The key point, though, is that your ISDN trunk can only be provisioned to receive either one or the other. You can't get both at the same time with ISDN.

only one is actually SENT, or only one is actually logged by your/telco's equipment?

Ummm... what in the name of Eric Corley am I doing burried so deep in a thread like this? Heh, heh. Anywayz, just a little reminder about something, when op-diverting with AT&T (Whether through 10 10 288 0 or 10 10 732 0) it will always forward your call to AT&T's nearest call center, or whatever in the F they call it. So, depending on where you call from, maybe different AT&T call centers are configured differently. Certainly stands to reason considering different COs back in my town are different from one to the next. For instance, out of my CO, 811+last 4 digits= ringback (Same as 959+ last 4) And, 311 works just like 958+ any 4 (Local ANAC). Speakin' of ANACs, here j00 goo... 866-MY ANI IS. (At least last I checked that one still worked). Now ain't I just the friggin' damn sweet guy or what? Hmm... On second thought, don't answer that. Heh, heh. Peace out.

The key point, though, is that your ISDN trunk can only be provisioned to receive either one or the other.  You can't get both at the same time with ISDN.

only one is actually SENT, or only one is actually logged by your/telco's equipment?

Only one is sent to you over your ISDN line. There's a difference between SS7 ISUP and the actual ISDN D-channel protocol.

Since I got too tired last night, I forgot to finish what I was saying in my post... Now, what I described with 811 and 311 is the case out of my CO, yet in Center City, 811 waits for 7 more digits to be dialed, after which you eventually get a live Verizon op. I think it was the same with 511. Yet with 511 out of my CO, it gives ANI read back via DTMF tones. The point I'm trying to re-assert is that whether it be COs, AT&T call centers, whatever, they can be configured a bit different from one to the next, even when It's of the same thing and in the same town or regional area. Only through experimentation via the phones connected to each CO, Call center, etc. do you figure things out, and learn what's different. The thing I STILL (Still meaning about maybe nearly 2 years) haven't figured out about the adjacent CO down the way from me is the whole thing about how the payphones seem to recgnize dialing #, followed by anyhting between 120 and 149. I mean, nothing happens, but the telco error message you get routed to is a basis for curiosity on this one. (Starts out like any regular telco error message, then goes on to say "Please check your instruction manual, or call the business office for assistance. Thank you").

What is the area code and prefix of one such phone? Is it a CO-controlled phone, or is it a COCOT-type phone?

Standard Verizon fortress phone in dat dirt-tay 215/267 area code. Just to mention for clarafication though, for that pay phone, and all pay phones (to my knowledge) use the original 215 area code, not the assigned overlay. P.S. Clara Fication and I are no longer goin' out together. She dumped my evil, 666-ish, white plasticy self some time back. But hey, there's always more sharks... err, I mean fish in da river, or somethin' like dat. Heh, heh. Spock sez: Live long, and phre4x0r!

without a prefix though, I can't look up the switch in LERG...

Erm... I think it was, like, 567. Certainly, I know it was a pay phone in Center City (Amtrak 30th St. Station, to be exact). Hopefully, I got it right, man. Otherwise, then my bad on that one. Pizza... err, I mean peace.