Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epiphany

Countdown to 5th Hope

56 posts in this topic

So the current rates at Hotel Pennsylvania where the conference is set to take place are of $125 for a single, double, triple, or quad room. I'm thinking about paying for one of these rooms and letting you guys crash in it for like $20 a night.

I still have to work out the details. But i just wanted to put the idea out so i can see how many people are interested.

If you call the hotel, and ask for the romantic package or something, you can get a room for 109 a night.

Well, that is what Enamon told me he got.

i would sublet your room. can i pay you in pot?

if you get the romantic package, do you expect us to pay with more than just money?

Im staying at a hotel right around the corner it's the Ramada... ;) O well as long as i am there right! :roll:

Edited by Cr45 Du57

if you get the romantic package, do you expect us to pay with more than just money?

lol Yes gay sex and pot are as good as cash in my book.

lol... j/k j/k .. Please USA cash only.

Hey, $20 sounds good to me, I'll have to see if Skyler is in on that too. I was just thinking of getting a ticket to movie at an all night theatre and ticket hop from theatre to theatre all night for some broken sleep, at least it's cheap that way, but $20 a night doesn't sound half bad.

my friend lives in manhatten :P

on a side note im getting my boss to fly me into NYC from Cali for Hope. All expenses paid business trip!! :P:P

:D Yeah I was thinking of doing the same thing. I just want a real bed. Somewhere i can crash, somewhere i wont wake up in the morning with a sore back. Heck even an inflatable mattress would work just not the floor for me. So yeah the 20 or so a night thing sounds cool. Even 35 or so a night woudl be nice. Much better than 125.

Edited by Cessna

Heh, even the floor would work with me. I'm a rent-a-cop (for now), need I say more about creative sleeping. ;)

Edited by XlogicX

ok, my girlfriend says shes cool with this too. So if your serious, we will bring sleeping bags and $20 (each) a night.

I'll give you 15 bucks a night to let me sleep in the bath tub.

15 bucks for a bathtub is cool. But remember you have to deal with the smell if someone starts having some intense bowel movements in the bathroom while your sleeping. :lol::lol:

i'd definately like to sublet your room. how many people are you going to end up housing?

I'll give you 15 bucks a night to let me sleep in the bath tub.

Dude .. HoPE = Drunkeness and sleeping in the Tub is to close to the Toilet! :grr:

i'd definately like to sublet your room. how many people are you going to end up housing?

Not sure yet.. but i'll definatly keep you guys updated.

So the current rates at Hotel Pennsylvania where the conference is set to take place are of $125 for a single, double, triple, or quad room.

$125 for each size room? Can that be right? $125 for a single in Manhattan sounds right...good price too. Guess I need to get myself a room.

I think I may just commute back and forth from CT. I can catch the late train heading back & then come back in the AM. I have lots of extra space in my house if someone really needs to crash and can't find a suitable place. The big draw back to this option is the cost of the train tickets.

Commuting will cost you more than sharing a room (or at least come close). Stay at the con and crash in the computer room if you need to.

It's not so much about finding a place to stay. It's trying to justify with my fiance that spending the money to stay the weekend at a hacker con is a good thing. She isn't into computers or technology. Anyway, I will just have to play it by ear and see how things go.

FYI fer y'all,

The Pennsylvania still has rooms available. I just reserved my room there for the weekend of HOPE this afternoon. The woman I spoke with said there were still rooms available, but she didn't know how many. The $125 a night price is still in effect....a very good price for Manhattan.

i'm going with my 3 friends, anyone have floorspace for 4 sleeping bags? i'll pay, but I don't necessarily need to spend so much time sleeping, so I don't want to pay so much money.

I won't be able to go, just don't have what I needed to go, plus I have to put all money into fixing my computer (right now i'm posting from my craptop).

Alright I finally reserved a room. I really wanted a quad room (big room with 4 beds) but since I was reserving the room for more than 2-3 days, (July 7-12) I couldn't get such a room. What I was able to get however was a fairly large room with a king size matrress bed. (Hey a room is a room)

So I'll be subletting the room to a total of 7 people for $20 a night. If you're interested in staying in the room reply to this thread. But basically I suggest you guys to all bring sleeping bags... unless you really have a problem with that.. then you could sleep on the gigantic bed if you want. Personally I'll probably be on the floor.

So far these people have expressed interest in this.

neuro

XlogicX

Cessna