Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StankDawg

Dangerous Dealings

14 posts in this topic

http://www.newarchitectmag.com/documents/s...203a/index.html

This month they feature an article about whether companies should hire "reformed" hackers. The illustrations that they use show a guy in a prison striped jumpsuit sitting in front of a computer.

0203cover.jpg

Does it take a thief to stop a thief? That's the question many businesses are weighing as they consider hiring reformed hackers to lock down their IT systems.

Do we really need this kind of press against us? Inferring that we are thieves by using that opening line cliche? The person being interviews goes on to say to the author...

[ian] Murphy now runs IAM/Secure Data Systems, a decade-old consulting firm that specializes in IT security. "In my opinion, companies that need security experts are best served by hiring burglars instead of cops," says Murphy, from his office in Tampa Bay, Florida. "The burglar knows how to get into your facilities and how to attack you." The cop, by contrast, typically can't help you until after the crime has been committed.

"Hiring burglars"? Comments like that are an insult to hackers everywhere. And this is supposed to be coming from "one of our own"! A supposed former hacker! After you skim this post, I suggest you go read the entire article at the link above. Why, you ask? Because that person being quoted, is none other than our good fat friend in the back of the pickup truck on the TLC documentary... The "allegedly" infamous Captain Zap!

I am not a burglar and I resent the allegation. Fuck him, and fuck what he stands for. Don't speak on my behalf you fat fucker! You are a traitor and you do not speak for anyone but yourself.

Murphy, known in the hacker community as Captain Zap

Nobody in the "community" has ever heard of this asshole and yet he is always referred to as some sort of legend.

As for the article, to me it seems pointless to try to regain the original context of "hacker". Just yesterday on pbs i watched a few minutes of the kids show cyberchase, the villain: hacker. Later that night i was flipping though and on cbs mister robot himself Dan Rather was talking about the sql worm and how it's some big hacker-attack bla bla bla, after about a minute of that drivel i switched to abc and some other douche-bag was talking about some evil chinese hackers :grr:

So i'd say that the term hacker is irreparably tainted as far as the general public and media are concerned.

here is the disclaimer at the bottom of the index of that site...

as of 06 / 19/ 98, this site and it's contents are being monitored by the US Secret Service! Welcome to your demise!

This entire site has been digital watermarked for security and for law enforcement. Any unauthorized copying will be

fully prosecuted. Any liable or slander is subject to full civil prosecution.

liable != libel, you dumbass. Libel only works if someone tells LIES about you to cause damage to your reputation. You are damaging your OWN reputation. I just tell the truth and my opinions which are protected by law. You cannot even spell your claims correctly...

Here is another show of his bullshit from his "copyright page".

AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO NOTE!

ActiveX or How To Put Nuclear Bombs in Web Pages - ActiveX is often referred to as OLE renamed or better known as OESC. What does this mean? Any ActiveX Control downloaded over the web might be a trojan or virus. Be careful!  Nobody reviews these controls! In other words, it doesn't tell you if the control is safe or not. The lesson here is that if you do not know anything about the company or web page author, then do NOT copy any gif, jpeg, txt or any other file unless you have permission. You could be in for one hell of a shock if you do and your drives fry because you were stupid!

A typical message out there to let you know that your systems have been fried!

You were warned about copying any image, text or files with out permission! Now your hard drive

has told everything! Do you see it spinning? Do you know what it is doing? It will spin whenever

it is told too, and it could spin until you remove the images or text. If you have more than 2 of these

images, you may be in trouble. Copyright violations are a serious offense and you could learn just

how serious this offense is, in a short time. Remove the images now or ? Ever heard of Object

Embedded Source Code? You are going to love it!

Read this!

All images, logos, text, files, JPEG's & GIF's, are copyright IAM / SDS, Inc @ 1997 and are protected

by OESC programming. Unauthorized Copying is at your own risk.  You were warned!!

ROTFLMFAO!!! Yeah, you embedded a virus in that JPG that I stole from you! What a fukkstick!

and look at this picture...is that a rug?

hackers.jpg

Maybe we should report him?

Overall, the site looks tacky, it is unprofessional, and it plasters the words "Criminal" all over the place in reference to hackers. Who actually hires this schmuck?

Here is his DNS registration information...

Registrant:

Ravenswood Inc (RAVENSWOODINC-DOM)

Covenstead Farms 1258 Country Club

Road

Gladwyne, PA 19035

US

Domain Name: RAVENSWOODINC.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:

Murphy, Ian (IM1924) ravenceo@TAMPABAY.RR.COM

RAVENSWOODIN.Com

Covenstead Farms USA

1258 Country Club Rd

Gladwyne , PA 19035

610-555-1212 (FAX) 610-555-1212

Record expires on 10-Aug-2003.

Record created on 09-Aug-1996.

Database last updated on 28-Jan-2003 13:55:46 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.FASTNAMESERV.COM 66.186.207.1

NS2.FASTNAMESERV.COM 64.38.111.2

I might just email him and ask him why he persists in giving hackers the negative connotation that we work to hard to shake.

Well, this turned into a loooong post, but this guy (and people like him) just piss me off soooooo fukking much, it makes me sick.

Yeah maybe Metro Goldwyn Mayer would like to know he's threatening with imbedding virii in their copyrighted material... I got mgm's clip still licensing information. I couldn't find on the site where you got the copyright stuff though.

2500 Broadway Street

Santa Monica, CA 90404

Fax: 310-449-3277

Email: clipstill@mgm.com

Hehehe and the liable thing is hilarious StankDawg. :glare:

:aholesign: HAHAHAHa...suddenly the link to the hackers picture doesn't work and his site is down completely. Do you think he noticed that quickly? Come on and post to defend yourself you sellout fucker!

And before anyone says anything...I didn't do it! But I think it's as funny as hell. :usuck: :ahole:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thats to funny, I cant stop laughing HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

this dude is just...i dont know.....i cant think of a better word than dumbass... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

damn, i picked the wrong week to move. that is some classic "stankdawggery" (copyright DDP)