Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pig Monkey

HackTV episode 1 feedback

41 posts in this topic

That was awesome. I want more.

As a little constructive criticism, I must say the UE part was a little...pointless? Perhaps if Dual had talked about some tools, the legality of UE, or something like that.

edit by StankDawg: split this off from the "release thread" to start a new topic.

I REALLY liked the road sign hacking part, the wardriving part was pretty good, the car part I didn't even watch, and the UE was ok, but I want to know how it ended >_<

Overall fairly good, although someone should invest in a steadycam :P

EDIT: I kinda feel like an ass critizing this stuff when I didn't even try submitting stuff, but then again, I don't think I have anything worthy of submitting heh

Edited by jedibebop

Just my opinion, I don't mean it personally:

I didn't enjoy the wardriving segment.. not something I would consider lame per se, just too basic and not otherwise very entertaining. I as well skipped over the car stuff.

The roadsign molesting was the highlight, imo.. it would have been cool to go into some kind of detail. The UE was definitely headed in the right direction, it would have been much more interesting to see it in all of it's complete glory.

In all, I don't know completely how to react. *shrug*

edit: I just watched it again. Now I think I might being reacting too harshly. :umph:

Edited by greystatic

great stuff. i'll definately put something together to submit to the next one.

dual is allowed to do stuff like that though. haha who cares if its pointless its the king of all radio phreaking media

I enjoyed it. Though i must say stank i always figured you as a skinny guy for some reason eh oh well doesnt matter. The car part might have appealed to me more the fact that i dont know shit about cars. The warDriving part was a bit anoyying though informational. The wardriving part i figured was giong to be like thebrokens at first but you went into alot more detail with it and fucking pwn'ed kevin Rose's segment on it. Now to the SE part, well it started off looking like it was going to be very kool given the fact the some of the place's looked creepy but it didnt go into as much detail as it could have and it kept me in suspence because it ended to fast ^_^ . I would have to say though my fav part was the road sign hacking it was quite interesting. Just my two cents dont let anything i say offend you after all im just giving some feed not trying to flame (more or less about the kevin rose part sorry that is like the biggest put down you could get) and if i get a vid camara anytime soon ill have to try to make something to submit also for next time.

...Though i must say stank i always figured you as a skinny guy for some reason eh oh well doesnt matter...

He's not? :o:D

I always thought the same about Stank...oh well, atleast your voice is made for radio, IMHO, Stank :voteyes:

wait, that was really stank? I thought that was just some actor and stankdawg did a voiceover.

In my opinion, HackTV was better than The Broken, and I think most of us, if not all, would agree on that. HackTV had... what's the word I'm looking for... oh, actual information. Instead of kissing the sky about Kevin Mitnick while a beat plays.

Edited by doug

In my opinion, HackTV was better than The Broken, and I think most of us, if not all, would agree on that. HackTV had... what's the word I'm looking for... oh, actual information. Instead of kissing the sky about Kevin Mitnick while a beat plays.

Very much agreed! :voteyes: HackTV was infinite times better then thebroken. I was merly commenting on the fact that eps 1 of thebroken delt with some really lame war driving as did eps 1 of HackTV but i also did add that HackTV gave better insight on it and made it much more appealing then hey look at us were wardriving and this is what it looks like wow and hey look im kool because i did it in knoppix because im kevin rose. Yet at the very least i can say is that i give HackTV two thumbs up :voteyes: :voteyes:

Yup i have to agree with everyone... the wardriving part ;) don't really know but i really liked the rest and car hacking ??? i thought it was computer hacking... oh well it still kicked ass and the video quality did too, i watched it full screen i give two thumbs up :voteyes: :voteyes:

Congrats! That is an awesome show, far better than anything else on computer hacking. :D:D

It's too bad you cant release an "underground version." Without the blurs. :ninja:

Epiphany brings up a good point. You all have to keep in mind that we cannot release certain things due to legal reasons. This is why we have blurs and ommissions. There are some things that we simply cannot show for legal reasons. It is called implicating yourself.

Thanks for the feedback, we read it all. You can also help shape and mold the show into what you want by sending in your submissions! Don't forget that!

Oh, and as we have said on the show many times, hacking isn't just about computers.

As a little constructive criticism, I must say the UE part was a little...pointless? Perhaps if Dual had talked about some tools, the legality of UE, or something like that.

edit by StankDawg: split this off from the "release thread" to start a new topic.

I ef'ing hate how my voice sounds on tape/video.

True... but everything is hackable even humans. :D

Haha. That brings up some very interesting ideas for segments in episode 2...

That was kool. I liked the part about puting in the intake, but you should have put it on a better car, i mean come on, a toyota camry?

WHA?!?!? Bland was afraid to go with dual!!?!?

Your not my hero anymore bland :angry:

:lol:

Great job...

maybe the next episode will have some social engineering.. ;)

edit by StankDawg:  split this off from the "release thread" to start a new topic.

I ef'ing hate how my voice sounds on tape/video.

you realize that that's probably how you sound to everyone else?

anyhoo, maybe you should have also blurred out stank's license plate.

WHA?!?!? Bland was afraid to go with dual!!?!?

Your not my hero anymore bland  :angry:

:lol:

Bland has his area outside locked down...

bland is still the man

Edit:

I love the part where stank says that war driving involves DRIVING. I was like "ooooooh... take that The Broken" :voteyes:

Edited by djmollusk

Good work getting that shit out on the web, Finally.

As a professional Video guy and newbie on the Hack scene, I am debating how to comment on the first show.

Do I comment in the Editor mindset or uninformed newb?

Well lets do both.

EDITOR VERSION

Video quality was low for many parts. I would have froze frames for the Wardriving, that way you avoid the wack camera work. I don't expect you guys to be camera gods, but stills of the screen would really help. Titles of each section would help too. Many of the shots were very out of focus. To get around that you can restage stuff. Take screen shots of things as you do them and cut to those in the master version. The sound was good for much of the stuff. That I must congratulate you on. Because any show is 50% video and 50% sound many people forget that.

The intro is a little long and loose. I would show more cuts of hands typing screens of software and techy shit like that. To me that says Hack.

I offer my skills and gear if you guys need it. I don't want to be some guy just bad mouthing and not giving solutions.

Over All I would watch again, but I would spread the word about the show to friends cause they wouldn't watch.

NEWBIE VERSION

It downloaded fast and was a good file size. The sound was crisp and clean. I didn't know what the first section was till halfway through. I liked seeing Kismat and the net stumbler, as I am a mac only guy. The car hack was cool but would have been better if you got in the computer system of the car and showed what that's like. Over all I would watch daily if I had the chance. Keep em coming.

Don't hate me. It's just what I get paid to do.

The video quality of the video was very nice. the camera, well that's hard to fix unless someone had a steady cam or something. Sound was great too, and the speeds (thanks to bt) were awesome.

The intro was a bit too long, but other than that, really no complaints.

:voteyes:

I found it was actually pretty good. I liked the wardriving stuff, since I am not fortunate enough to have been wardriving myself.

To get around the shaking camera while pointed at latop:

Aren't there ceratin programs, that let you record your desktop as a video?