Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
countchocula

15 posts in this topic

its pretty obvious most phreaks use 10102880. one of these days ATT is gonna start wondering why so many people are dialing 800's on their number and theyll eventually figure out whats goin on. What other 1010's are out there that allow free connection to toll free numbers?

Most phreaks use 10102880? Not here in verizon north. I can't get to AT&T that way. I get a message (from my GTD5 switch) telling me that my long distance provider cannot complete the call. Anyone know what this could mean?

So yes, I too am interested in any alternatives.

They know already whats going on, but they get paid to route the toll free calls, pretty sure this was on a Default ep

whos paying them?

i thoguht 10102880 was free? if it wasnt i guess im the one whos getting screwed over for not reviewing the billing statement that comes in every month.

i am a prepaid verizon wireless customer in the 952 (tampa market area) lata. when dialing 10102880 from the 727 npa i get:

"your call cannot be complete as dialed, please check the number and dial again. PA2"

i'm not quite sure if it is say BA2 or PA2, but either way i haven't the slightest clue what it means. is there another way to access this service without the toll? even dialing a toll-free 800 number with the prepaid plan costs me at least 35 cents (25c connect + 10c/minute).

you cant dial pic codes from cellphones. try just dialing 00. that might give you att.

you can only use 10-10-288 via mobile with like sprint. With a verizon cell phone for example if you ask your op for AT&T it'll transfer you to a message from at&t saying operator dialing is not permitted. etc

But i believe sprint is still the only mobile phone to dial 10-10-2880 other than that its mostly a land line thing

0 and 00 give me "were sorry the feature code you've dialed is not valid"

do wireless carriers not want to provide operators?

I can't get it from my att gp phone either.

I can't get it from my att gp phone either.

Nor can I get an operator from my sprint phone, though i can still dial 10102880 :P^_^

when i ask qwest for AT&T, they give me ATT customer service.

The best way to get the att op from a cellphone is to go through a PBX.

0 and 00 give me "were sorry the feature code you've dialed is not valid"

do wireless carriers not want to provide operators?

Taking a guess here, But could this be because you are a prepaid customer? :huh:

very possible. i'd like to find out before i subscribe to a regular package. any verizon wireless customers here with a working 0 or 00 op ?

Edited by z0ink

Pacific Bell Mobile Services (i.e. Cingular) always got a local operator when I used their services in california.