Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dual

Cisco's Slender Hackers

9 posts in this topic

Lachek from RantRadio sent this to me. Is Cisco making a statement, or did they just need the space for the label "HACKER"?

cisco_hacker.jpg

I honestly don't think I understand the picture. What is the message here? Green Hakkers have equal access to wireless signals than Red Hakkers?

This is probably the slide where they explain the difference between passive discovery (Kismet) and active discovery (NetStumbler)...and call hackers fat-asses!

I met one of Cisco's engineers once. Young guy, probably 25, skinny, and wired. He was very cool to talk to. Sounds like he works too much tho.

Maybe their software department is packing on the pounds.

i'm really not sure what kind of effective warwalking/driving anyone of that size could do.

and damnit - is it really hacking if all you have to do is plug in a wifi card and all of a sudden your on your neighbor's network!? :ninja: I think not.

oh well - comes in handy when the other flatmates are using up all our bandwidth here...

It is hacking if you put some work into figuring it out and actually manipulating ti to work.

It is not hacking if you simple "plug and play" and walk into it.

IMHO of course.

Agreed! that pretty much covers script kiddies !=hacking, installing a windows os !=hacking etc etc ;)

I was just on the Cisco site, and by chance found where that image posted by dual came from - a 37mb presentation on Cisco's 350 wireless adapter card.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz...et_Wireless.zip

I watched the whole presentation, and on the whole its actually quite good, the "radio frequency technology" presentation was particularly informing.

I also liked the security presentation, (guy by his car in a trench coat!) ;)