Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XxthugstylezxX

Book's Book's and more Book's

8 posts in this topic

Figured some one would have already started it but didnt see it so im going to start it. These are the books i have with a little feed on them and what i would rate them.

~ "Unofficial Guide to Ethical Hacking" by Ankit Fadia ~ This was my first book and one of the most informational ive ever read. For beginner or even intermediate hackers it go's into alot of detail of almost every aspect of hacking such as what differnt ports how to port surf differnt type of programming hackers use ect ect. It's more windows orriented then linux but im sure linux user's could find it informational also.

Rate: 9/10

~ "Art of Deception" by Kevin Mitnick - This book may not be that informational as a manual type but as i did im sure any one who picks it up and starts reading it is going to have a hard time putting it down. The book talks about Social Engineering and how hackers use it to there advantage. This is one of the only books that have ever grabbed my attention and made me want to keep reading until i was done with it. What it is, is a collaberation of short senirios that could happen in real life.

Rate: 10/10

~ "Oracle Internet Academy: Java 2 A Biginner's Guide" - This is the book that was assigned in my oracle class that we got to keep. This book is a great beginning point for people who want to learn java. It gives good descriptions of what everything is, how it works, and its a basic step by step builder with questions and try it out type questions at the end.

~ "Sams Teach Yourself Java 2 (second edition)" - This isnt for beginner programmers at all. The book jumps right into everything and go's from something easy to grasp something where your asking WTF are they talking about. I would say this book is for more intermediate java workers or at least those who have fundamental knowledge of java. I would say its for all range's from beginner to advance because it covers a little bit of everything just not all in a good order.

Rate: 8/10

~ " Catch me if you Can" by Frank Abagnale Jr. - Like the art of deception this book will grab your attention and make you feel like your right there. This book is actually the biography of Frank Abagnale Jr. apose to the movie this book go's into alot more detail and tells it as is. If you like reading storys on extrodanary people this is a great one.

~ "Sames Teach Yourself Shell Programming in 24 hours (second edition)" - I just got this book and havent had alot of time to get into it but so far its been very beificial. It go's into detail about shell from beginner to intermedate topics even some advance topics. It starts out giveing you a little info on command line as well. Though i heard differnt books like linux in a nut shell is better then this i would say for any one interested in shell programming this is a must have.

Rate: 9/10

~ "PHP for the world wide web" by Larry Ullman - Again havent had time to even start this book but ive been told its a great book and its been recommended time and time again to get this if your serious about learning php. Not a thick book at all and ill write up a better review later unless some one else writes a review for it.

Rate: ?/10

Thats all the books i have for now got one more on the way and alot more for the future. Ill update this as i get more into these books.

That's a awesome booklist! B)

But just thought you should know one thing. Ankit Fadia is very much hated in the computer security world (but loved by white hats) because of his blatant rip of others peoples code and tutorials... rewriting some of it and publishing it through his hookup at a publishing company.... and claiming he was the best thing to happen to computer security since the firewall (not really but it seemed like it). Also he published most of his work without credit to the proper people.

Here a link to a pretty brutal ranthttp://lists.netsys.com/pipermail/full-dis...ber/009654.html

Edited by Epiphany

yea i heard something about him/her what ever its is being hated but the info in the book is very informational. But thanx for the info on that ^_^

No prob... and thank you for reminding me about Frank Abagnale Jr's book. I was going to pick it up a while back but forgot all about it. :ninja:

UMMM here are some of the ones I have read "I wish I could read more but I jest loose focus"

1. Unix for Mac OSX

was a great book for any one that is jest starting to learn about unix and has a mac it was my first computer book ever.

2. Mac OSX for Unix Geeks

I would say it is not bad, but I was told that it was suppose to be the second one after the Unix For Mac OSX but it was not it was so far ahead I could not read it back then. But it is good if you know allot about Mac OSX.

3. Mac OSX Hackes

HOO man I thot it would be so much better. I thot that it would have to do some cracking tips but it did not I would not buy it at all blah throw it away.

4. Hacking The Art Of Exploration

It was ok I would not recommend it for any newbies at all, it was very confusing at first but it was ok. Very long thow not shore how many pages lownd it out to some one.

Umm thows are the books that I have read all the way threw and you should check them out.

1. ISBN = 0-596-00470-2 web site = http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/lunixpanther/

2. ISBN = 0-596-00356-0 web site = http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/mpantherunix/

3. ISBN = 0-596-00460-5 web site = http://www.youdontwantthissite.com

4. ISBN = 1-593-27007-0 web site = http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...119863?v=glance

there you go have fun sorry about the spelling

ALSO SINCE I ALWAYS BUGE YOU GUYS ON AIM YOU CAN ASK ME ANY THING ABOUT MACS AND I CAN HELP YOU!!!!!!!!

Underground is a GREAT book I downloaded and I did not get off my computer for 3 hours straight! I was completely enthralled by it. Never a dull moment.

And it's free.. :)

Echo0o0o0

maximum linux security

maximum security

snort 2.0

secrets and lies

beyond fear

phrack+many ezines

they are all great 10/10 for all.