Curious George

CT Hackers

97 posts in this topic

Well I guess it's official then. We wll be holding our first 2600 meeting at the Barnes & Noble in Westport, CT on May 7th at 6:00 PM. If you need directions....use map quest. :D

Here's the address & phone number again:

1076 Post Road East

Westport, CT 06880

203-221-7955

I think we should keep this first meeting more of a getting to know each other kinda thing. If anyone has a topic they would like to discuss or something they would like to share please feel free. I just think we should keep it to a minimum this first time, just till B & N gets used to us being there.

I'm gonna do a little wardriving down that way this weekend & I will let everyone know if a wireless nic card will be useful to bring with you.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

CG / c m0nk33

So I went down by the B&N in Westport & they have 3 different wireless signals coming from the store but they are all WEP encrypted. I also checked the Boarders about 10 minutes down the road & they have an active open signal, but you need an account & password. The accounts vary from $6.00 per hour to 29.99 per month.

Just wanted to let everyone know what kinda wireless access we might have during the meeting. Looks like none.

c0d3m0nk33

have every one pitch in about 2 bucks at the meeting and bring a wireless router or something.

I thought about that. I'm sure that people would chip in, but I doubt Boarders would be happy with that. I could always hide the router in my bag, but I still have to get power to it somehow.

I thought about that. I'm sure that people would chip in, but I doubt Boarders would be happy with that. I could always hide the router in my bag, but I still have to get power to it somehow.

you could have your laptop function as a router.

I didn't even think of that. I guess we could just try while we are there. See what we can get set up. Thanks for the idea.

I thought I would run this idea by everyone that thinks they might make the meeting.

We talked about having the meeting at B&N, but about 5 minutes down the highway (coming from NY) and before the B&N exit heading south on 95. There are 2 Mcdonalds that are McWireless. I didn't realize that these 2 places had the wireless access.

Would anyone want to move there? or would you rather wait and discuss it at the 1st meeting?

The first meeting is 2 days away, I hope someone other than myself & a friend that I am bringing show up. I will have a few things to give away. Haven't decided how I'm gonna do it yet.

Anyway, I hope to see all the CT hackers there.

What's the final decision on where this will be?

My schedule is open on Friday afternoon (so far, of course) so I'll probably be there.

Still gonna be at the Barnes & Noble on Post Rd in Westport. I will be there around 6ish.

Hope everyone can make it.

Hello, New to the boards. I have never been to a meeting. I live in Norwalk. I am 15. I am still a "newbie" compared to the rest of you 1337 haxors :P. I know some programing (Visual basic) and hardware. I think Westport is about 10 or so minutes away. I will try and make it. I have to convince my dad. He is rather cool about computer stuff and gaming. I don't have a laptop yet. I plan to buy a cheap $200-$300 one if I get a job so I can do some wardriving :).

My aim is Tu1313y. My name is Lee or you can call me LJ.

Join the club, this will be my first meeting as well. That is the reason that I wanted to try and start another meeting. I hope you are able to show up, it would be great to see some of the younger generation there.

No need for a laptop, they aren't required for the meetings. The only requirement will be a young virgin sacrifice to Decoder......just kidding :D

No need for real names, we will call you whatever name you would like.

Hope you can make it

See everyone else tonight.

Well absolutely nobody showed up. It was me and my friend that I went with. I am dissapointed that nobody came. I would like to try again next month, but I don't wanna waste my time.

That sucks...well here in tampa we had a great turnout.... ;)

I was on my way to the Tampa meeting when my girlfriend calls me and tells me she has a flat. I had to turn around and head all the way back to Lakeland before I even made it to the University Mall.

How was the turnout?

Well absolutely nobody showed up. It was me and my friend that I went with. I am dissapointed that nobody came. I would like to try again next month, but I don't wanna waste my time.

All kinds of crap came up at the last minute so I couldn't make it. I should get in touch with you offline about the details for next time.

I tried calling your asterisk box but I guess the back door has been changed. I will send you an e-mail with my cell number in it.

Tom Icom emailed me not too long ago about heading out to the New York meetings. Icom, for those that don't know, was a writer for 2600 back in the day and headed up the meetz in Meriden until they died off.

I think the way meetings start is by having a group of friends that hang out in that area and just shoot the shit. After a while you can start telling others, and given a few weeks, maybe more people will show. But to just tell everyone "come here for a meeting" probably won't accomplish much. Why should I go? What can I expect? Is it going to be boring as all hell like the others I've been to?

It's tough, but I wish everyone the best of luck in getting a CT meeting off the ground...I just wonder how long it will last, especially with most folks just heading out to the NYC ones.

The time is fast approaching again for another attempt at a CT 2600 meeting. I would still like to meet at the same place & time. I hope some people can make it this time. I still think that this could be good meetings. We have a bunch of 1337 hackers & phreakers in the area. If you think you can make it to the meeting, respond to this and let me know. Thanx a lot.

I live in Winsted, CT. It will be a bit of a drive but I will see if I can make it.

Winsted? I've spent many drunk nights there (and in Torrington). Memories...

I'm starting to think that CT2600 is doomed though. We'll see what happens next time.

That sucks! I'm not about to drive into NY every month. so I guess we will just have to give it one more try and see what happens.

I don't know a damn thing but I'm Stamford, so I'll try to make it up.

L. Baka

It doesn't matter how much you know. Everyone will bring something different to the meeting. I hope you are able to make it. I would like to see this meeting be a success.