Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epiphany

Release of Radical Future #5

19 posts in this topic

w00t w00t :D a little erase of the hd didn't slow you down that much ;)

total shouts on the deus ex screenshot. favorite video game ever, so very true...

High quality. Very enjoyable.

great job Epiphany (et al...)!

no offence, but I didn't enjoy that zine much. The only think I liked is the pic of the girl ;)

It lacked good content (most of it was for beginners).

Most of the articles reminded me of "how to hack, script-kiddie style". One such article was that FTP scanning article.

That encryption code sucks. XOR encryption, if not done properly (not done properly in this implementation), is EXTREMELY weak.

as much as i dislike pdf files, this was not bad at all. i would love to see more in the future.

no offence, but I didn't enjoy that zine much. The only think I liked is the pic of the girl ;)

It lacked good content (most of it was for beginners).

Most of the articles reminded me of "how to hack, script-kiddie style". One such article was that FTP scanning article.

That encryption code sucks. XOR encryption, if not done properly (not done properly in this implementation), is EXTREMELY weak.

Thank you for your comments on the zine. This is the type of feedback that I need because it's really the only way i can seriously improve the zine. However I need to tell you, lattera, that the zine can only be as good as the kind of articles that are submitted to me. I don't have the popularity of Phrack where I get so many submmisions that I am able to pick only the best ones. I pretty much have to publish anything that gets submitted to me because if i didn't I would never be able to release any sort of zine.

Take for example 2600 magazine, alot of people say that it sucks and is newbish, which was becoming very true about a year ago. But then alot of smart people (many from this board) started to submit alot of good articles and thus the magazine is much better as of late.

So it's up to you guys to make it a good zine. You have to get people to write good articles and become involved enough to make it into something nice. The same goes for all zines in the hacker community. These zines are products of the Hacker/Phreak Community and reflect upon us. So if the zines are newbish it's because the only people who want to write are newbies. More experienced people need to take part in these projects. So it's up to people like you to make it good.

Also remember even if it is newbish, by writing these articles people are getting involved in a learning process which will make them much more adept at computers. At the very least I'd rather have a newbie mag than a script kiddie mag. But anyway... I'll try to have more advanced articles next issue. B)

I'm glad everyone else likes it. :lol:

the uv litography article REALLY tickled my fancy, very good read.

the articles on school were pretty much bs since i've gone thru some other school systems and i can say from personal experience that the quality of the buildings and supplies and shit is better in the us than anywhere else. How would you like to BUY your own books? How would you like to not have functioning toilets in school?

A laid back educational system works beautifully in that it separates the smart people from the dumb people. No im not afraid to say smart or dumb because after all, its the truth. If you're smart you'll most likely end up sailing thru the educational system without any problems and end up with some kind of scholarship for college. If you're not then you'll most likely not go on to higher education. The system works perfectly as it does right now. I don't see where the problem is? Is it wrong to categorize people? maybe. But does it really matter? no. it doesnt.

So very true... Hacnslash, I have in particular seen the conditions of the public schools in Haiti, and the United States public school is heaven compared to Haiti's schools. But as usual that doesn't mean we shouldn't offer alot of complaints about public schools in an effort to improve them.

I included that article because simply put new york city schools suck. I have yet to meet any intelligent or half intelligent person living in NY who didn't loathe it's very existence. I have a friend who went to the most competitive high school in NYC and hated it, and I have another friend with an IQ through the roof who dropped out because he couldn't stand the idiotacy of the place. And these are both people who are very active in the computer scene.

About about that going to college stuff you said. I have to say this "Getting a college degree doesn't change a fool.... It merely diguises him."

That's all I really have to say about school... talk to Subzero about school.. he has some interesting things to say. Also i think the smartest people are not taught by others but teach themselves, therefore making mandatory schooling a complete waste of his time.

btw I'm glad you like the UV article. B) and tis true.. there should be no more articles about school ever again. I think that's like like 5th article about school since Issue 1.

Edit: Alot of the tolets in NYC public school are not functional. B)

Edited by Epiphany

i need to get my ass up and write a quantum crypto article. The one in that mag lacked ANY technical information.

oh yeah, i COMPLETELY agree that most smart people are self taught. but that doesn't change anything. can you REALLY get a competitive job (and by no means am i preaching ppl to get jobs or anything, i know im sure as hell not wanting one...) without some sort of college degree, especially in the computer field where certifications and shit mean so much? not really, nobody has time to test your true skillz at an interview, so they rely on your degrees.

Well, I guess this is as good a place as any to post my first post here @BR...:D

I'm glad you finally got the zine off that hd, E...Congrats on the release!

I've got it up on US, and made an announcement to all my members letting them know that it's finally out, and that they had to go get it! :D

Now I want #6! ;):D lol