Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jedibebop

I just got a new monitor

11 posts in this topic

HOLY SHIT :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

19" flat screen CRT monitor, max res of 1600x1200@75, all for under $200, it's sweeeeetttt, alot better than that 13" ibm g40 I was using for like a week :P

what brand, model?

I was thinking of buying a viewsonic g90fb, which has the same specs as yours

For less than $200? Sounds cool.....but I'm going to guess for that price it's analog? If it's digital, I'd be mucho interested in the brand and model.

I just got a new monitor, and all I have to say is...

I hate you. A lot. :P

Seriously man, that's awesome. For $200? Where'd you get it?

I'm getting two of these bad boys

http://www.directdial.com/ca/shopviewsonic...d.asp?item=P225

some specs

Designed with Shadow mask technology, the P225 does not have the damper wires often visible on aperture grille models, making this display perfect for high end CAD and Graphic design.

• and easy to use OnView® controls.

• Other features include a built in USB hub for easy connections with other USB compatible peripherals.

• This big and beautiful 21" (20.0" viewable) screen comes with razor sharp resolution of 2,048 x 1,536, the highest in the industry, 350MHz and a SuperClear® screen to give you sharp focus and crisp images.

2048 x 1536 @ 79Hz

1920 x 1440 @ 84Hz

1600 x 1200 @ 99Hz

1280 x 1024 @ 115Hz

CRT Size 22" (20" diagonal viewable area) 90° deflection

Dot Pitch 0.24mm aperture grille uni pitch

Maximum Resolution 2048 x 1536

Glass Surface Tint (TM=39.8%), ARAG® screen treatment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INPUT SIGNAL Video RGB analog (0.7Vp-p, 75 ohms)

Sync H/V separate (TTL), composite, sync-on-green

Frequency Fh:30-127kHz, Fv:50-180Hz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMPATIBILITY PC PC compatible (from VGA up to 2048 x 1536)

Mac® Power Mac™ /G3 from 640 x 480 up to 1920 x 1440

CONNECTOR Signal 15-pin mini D-sub, BNC x 5 [RGBHV]

Power 3-pin plug (IEC320)

POWER Voltage AC 90-260 VAC, 50-60(+/-2)Hz

Consumption 130W (typ)

USER CONTROLS Basic Power, 1, down, up, 2

OnView® Contrast, brightness, H/V-position, H/V-size, pincushion, pin-balance, trapezoid, degauss, parallelogram, rotation (tilt), input select, hooking, linearity center, linearity edge, input level select, moiré, ViewMatch® color, H/V focus, H/V convergence, corner purity, H/V OSD position, ViewMeter®, language select, zoom, data recall

VIDEO INPUT Bandwidth 350MHz (typ)

DIMENSIONS Physical 504mm (W) x 477mm (H) x 501mm (D) 19.8" (W) x 19.7" (H) x 18.8" (D)

WEIGHT Net 31.0Kg (68.2 lbs.)

Edited by spite

Same price as yours, 200$ It's a refurb, but under warranty ;o

Oh and I reread your post, dude I feel for you. I used a G40 for 4-5 years! It was the most horrible monitor I've ever seen in my life.

Edited by spite

lol yeah, it looks old skool just sitting around though, but when you have ot use it...ew

You could just use a hdtv connector and connect your stuff right into a big screen...

heh, if you buy a P225 new, you may as well just buy some HD Princeton Monitors... They're comparitive in price to other monitors these days, and boy they're sweet...

I have an E90fb, ... 1280x1024 is the highest at 75hz... It goes up in resolution a lot higher at 60hz, ... but at 60hz, who cares... bah!