natas

Parking Meter Hack?!!?

25 posts in this topic

Ok so i was reading my new favorite magazine, The Skateboard Magazine, today and there was this little section on how to max out the time on parking meters! it was really sick

it said that if you file a penny down from the top (kind of from the top right) down to about the top of his forehead and you put it in a parking meter it will max out the time on the thing!! it had pics and everything

has anyone ever heard of this before? or better yet tried it?! im positive that they did this in california so maybe it only works on certain meteres there, but i would really like to find out if this is for real and WHY it works as well.

note: i noticed that the meter they do it to is different than the ones around here because it has a digital timer and it only has 1 slot for the change as apposed to the nickel dime and quarter slots in the ones here.

i'll try it in my area, they are digital and have only 1 slot. i'll report back with my findings when i do it.

yeah ill try it, but i need a more detailed description

yeah. we have digital parking meters around here. i'd be REAL interested in something that could fool them

ill try to scan it later tonite and post it here

I remember back in he day you could take one of the peices of metal that fall out of the streetsweeper brushes and jam that in the meter and turn the nob then rip it out and it would max out thoes old meteres. I didnt have a car then so I would just walk around giveing people free time and saveing people from tickets

I didnt have a car then so I would just walk around giveing people free time and saveing people from tickets

Heh! Around here they call that kind of thing obstruction of justice!

Heh! Around here they call that kind of thing obstruction of justice!

there was some old lady on my local news that got arrested for doing that. i thought it was hilarious. i could defenitely go for some pics of how the penny should look like though. i tend to screw things up when i don't have a picture to go by.

i think i know what your talking about. ive heard of it before. ive never actually seen it work tho. just a picture, and pictures can lie sometimes.

:jawa: :monk: :jawa:

well there are no parking meters out where i live (hick central) but i would still be intersted in this parking meter hack how to see the article soon

ah sorry everyone i worked over 13 hours today so i didnt have time to scan this shit and i dont want to do it tonight now. blah. ill scan it tomorrow.

i think i know what your talking about. ive heard of it before. ive never actually seen it work tho. just a picture, and pictures can lie sometimes.

:jawa:  :monk:  :jawa:

reading your posts, I am starting to get dizzy, do you think you know about everything,?Edited due to a threat of a warning...

Edited by ProgX

now is THE SKATEBOARD MAGAZINE the actual name, cuz i skate and i dont recall that mag, i could just be dumb though. cuz the name might lead us to a site that has the article..............hey it could happen

the skateboard mag is the name of the magazine. its new this month (but it blows away transworld, thrasher, and skateboarder) and the article isnt online or anything. i just got out of work but ill scan it in a lil bit.

im going to kill.

can i email the pic to someone and have them host it because i am about to choke out my fucking computer and the internet.

Edited by natas

im going to kill.

can i email the pic to someone and have them host it because i am about to choke out my fucking computer and the internet.

how big? PM me.

anyone mess with this yet?

the schematics for those meters are posted on the companies site...if they are the same meters as the one in the skate mag :D

Edited by SnakeEyes

Hey SnakeEyes

You think these are the same as in my city? Cause parking is a bitch up here. Can you help a brother out and let me know.

Also I got a 404 on the link. even after clicking that smiley.

I can host it on my server if you people send it to me.

Listen to Reel Hacks

http://reelhacks.com/ReelHacks.php