Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BoBB

Things like this disgust me

9 posts in this topic

http://www.sys-con.com/linux/articlenews.cfm?id=381

Apparently SCO is claiming they own the ip protocol used in linux and they are going to charge a $96.00 per CPU "license" fee IF we pay within the 99 day "grace period" otherwise it will be $149.00 ... Personally I dont believe the story, theres really nothing from SCO saying "Were doing this" Just a press release supossedly from SCO that came from an anonymous source.

doesn't linux use TCP/IP, which is used all across the net???

and even if im wrong, this is still just....wow.....i mean come on...linux...open source....what happened to all of that?????? :glare:

damit, I knew id make a dumass outta myself one of these days, well goes to show ya, I shoulda read the article a bit more carefully :blush: sorry...

hey it's cool - no need to apologize :-)

it's still fucked up and worth pointing out - intellectual property is just as interesting to me as the internet protocol B)

well ok if you say so cxi, but still ure right, I mean I would not pay for linux, and not because it's not a great os, cuz it is, but cuz when it comes to linux there's always gonna be a free copy somewhere for which I wont have to pay anything, so why pay when it's free?!

Woops, that was my bad =/ I figured there was a reason they didn't mention anything about internet protocol in the article :blush: