JLiVE11

harris ts22al butt set

10 posts in this topic

Hi all again just me with another butt set problem. I found a harris ts22al butt set at a flea markett really cheap. The butt set does not work at all..I noticed that it has a lithium battery (about the size of a quarter) in it. I also have a harris ts22a - it does not have a battery like this inside. If this battery was dead would it cause the phone not to function at all? thanks for the replies from my previous butt set post......the way it's going I'm going to have a junk collection of butt sets soon....thanks in advance

JLiVE

yeah i got one right here... it runs on a 9 volt battery.

yeah the speakerphone works on a 9volt battery. there is also a 3volt battery on the other side of the speaker button..which my ts22a does not have. i'm going to try and get it out (siliconed in there good) and replace it..maybe it will do something

thanks again

anyone got any hookups on buttsets? im pretty broke and shit so yea any help would be great.

Hi all again just me with another butt set problem. I found a harris ts22al butt set at a flea markett really cheap. The butt set does not work at all..I noticed that it has a lithium battery (about the size of a quarter) in it. I also have a harris ts22a - it does not have a battery like this inside. If this battery was dead would it cause the phone not to function at all? thanks for the replies from my previous butt set post......the way it's going I'm going to have a junk collection of butt sets soon....thanks in advance

JLiVE

Hello you are in luck - I have a ts22al also and I have got the same problem as you - well untill an hour or so ago I did - I am so stoked - Yes if you replace the cr203 battery it should clear up the problem unless you are experiencing another problem - I replaced mine and it works fine now - it is a pain in the #$s here is how to do it: 1.open unit up 2. use a scribe and a pair of small dikes to clear out adhesive that is holding battery secure(as much of it as you can) 3. break free the battery carefully(without damaging the board or any traces) 4. solder some 2-3 inch leads in place where the battery used to make contact to circuit board 5. prepare new battery by using a peice of sandpaper - sand contact area where you will be soldering the leads to the battery 6. use some liquid flux on area to be soldered then tin the battery with soldering iron and solder 7. let battery cool off a bit 8. solder the battery to the leads you soldered on the circuit board 9. check to see if the battery still has voltage with a multimeter if it does use some shrink tubing and insulate battery 10. test butt set 11. put case back together and you are in business. the reason you will need to solder leads on instead of soldering directly on board like it comes from the factory is the factory crimps the battery on and the space between the bat. and the board is to small to get a soldering iron between - I suggest using a quality iron with quality solder and flux to reduce contact time of iron and surfaces - soldering batteries is tough so make sure you sand it well so solder will stick. any questions contact me at wigesworld420@yahoo.com - good luck Jason

Can confirm this fix works. Removed battery but did'nt like the idea of trying to solder leads on to a lithium coin cell. So replaced with a PCB Mount CR2032 Coin Cell Holder (choose a low profile one or the buttset case will not go together). Inserted new CR2032 cell and the buttset works like new. Also if the battery fails again it's not a big job to replace.

rgds Mont

did'nt like the idea of trying to solder leads on to a lithium coin cell.

rgds Mont

flux is your friend.