Tank

Linux make me feel smart now

8 posts in this topic

Its was fun to lean some basic commands but way easy to work with and has worked with all that i have. I like Ubuntu Mata and before that was zorin and is still nice. What's everyone's flavor 

On 6/3/2020 at 10:42 PM, Tank said:

Its was fun to lean some basic commands but way easy to work with and has worked with all that i have. I like Ubuntu Mata and before that was zorin and is still nice. What's everyone's flavor 

right now I'm using blackarch. before that i was using Ubuntu 20 and Xubuntu. Never tried Zorin or Ubuntu Mate (guessing you mean mate) but they both look pretty cool.

And your right about Linux being fun to learn, there's a steep learning curve but its definitely worth it.

35 minutes ago, Tank said:

Build break fix repeat

Are you talking about arch? or just linux in general?

48 minutes ago, Tank said:

Linux in general 

Yeah, agreed. and then there's the problem of limited or none of support for Linux. like for example I  have a alienware m14, and there's no Linux support for the RBG keyboard. Well Its not the worst thing in the world it still kinda sucks. :D Besides lack of support for hardware, I never really have encountered any times when Linux would just 'break', like you said. I'd be interested to hear what happened.

The newer the kernal the more support and it depends on the manufacturers. Its even moved up for gamers. But I don't game and I just enjoy it for the sheer fact that everybody and their brother doesn't use it so there's not a crap ton of vulnerability being exploited on my machine even though it's really just there for me to learn most of the time I use my phone as a main computer. Other than Android built on top of Linux 4 phones they have Linux phones themselves now I think one of them is called the pine phone

4 hours ago, Tank said:

The newer the kernal the more support and it depends on the manufacturers.

Yeah, i haven't been in Linux too long, but from what I have heard, Linux used to be a lot less good in terms of hardware support.

4 hours ago, Tank said:

Its even moved up for gamers. But I don't game and I just enjoy it for the sheer fact that everybody and their brother doesn't use it so there's not a crap ton of vulnerability being exploited on my machine even though it's really just there for me to learn most of the time I use my phone as a main computer.

I don't game too much either, but its still pretty amazing at all the GPL'd linux games that are available nowadays... I mainly use it for the privacy aspects of the code being (mainly) free and open source, so bugs are fixed quickly, and being a heck of a lot harder to implement some spyware. cause with operating systems like Windows. since it's all proprietary and nobody sees the code except for Microsoft. At a moments notice, they could (probably) just issue some "Mandatory Security Update" and through our privacy in the trash. Heck, for all we know they probably already did.

4 hours ago, Tank said:

Other than Android built on top of Linux 4 phones they have Linux phones themselves now I think one of them is called the pine phone

Really? that's pretty interesting. I've allways wanted to get Gnu/Linux installed on a phone (mainly to get rid of all the proprietary bloatware that comes with the phone, I even had "Amazon Deals" installed...). Actually I bricked my phone trying to get Linux installed (more specifically Ubuntu Touch) xD. Although I'm gonna get a hand-me-down phone soon, so I'm hopeing that will work out better.