White_Raven

The Hackinging/Phreaking Wiki

15 posts in this topic

I has seemed to me that I have never known of a wiki dedicated to hacking/phreaking before, so I started one on HHC just for the task.

I just added it to the main menu on hhc, but here is a direct link.

http://cgi.hackerhost.com/wiki/

As you know a wiki is at its core a viewer editable webspace.. So anyone willing to put the time and effort to do so can add or edit its contents, and no html will not work ;)

The Wiki has its own help system, so it should not be too hard for everyone to learn.

the link won't work for me, but cool. I think that wikis (namely wikipedia) are some of the better parts of our ever-more-commercialized www.

ahhhhhh! I was setting one up just a minute ago for the same purpose. Damn you. :D

Great idea though, hope people contribute to it.

raven, I think that you should like a paragraph to get them started. It would get people going. I really don't want to be the first one to post.

Thats it, I did start some topics off; However such is a wiki that anyone may edit them..got any ideas?

And the link should work perfectly.

the guy started out by blocking the front page, what the heck?? it is a wiki not some sort of a website :glare: :glare:

That was a adjustment made due to the abuse of the front page by Echo; It will be added to later tonight, and when I am done with the addition of the member system the index will once again be open to logged in members much as members only parts of this forum are; Only the tutorials on its use (the help system) and the very first page are locked, everything else is free range for the community to run.

If you have a idea, by all means add it... And it will be added to the index as a way to showcase the people who contribute....just don’t abuse it, please; My shitting down the front page was simply my way of protecting this project, if you have a better way please let me know, right now I’m thinking a system where only people who are logged in can edit/post on the sensitive parts.. this keeps it open to the community and easily protected from who would do it harm, and thus I am working on it now...

I was Also thinking of a admin circle, like a round table of sorts, but I’m not sure about it; In the end the people who further it the most will get higher privileges on it, I just want people to use it and find it useful or entertaining, but I have to find a way to protect it from people who would do it harm as Echo has done.

Edited by White_Raven

I wrote in both hacking and phreaking in an attempt to get the ball rolling. everyone contribute!!

very nice not all that inclined on wiki so this will help me not be a dumb ass, and unfortunatly echo trashed it, white raven i guess you just thought the world didnt suck as much as it does, it happens to us all at some time

I’m working on several ways to keep it open.. And it is, I even added a wiki page for people to add ideas on protecting it...

Either way its open to the public, that’s what a wiki is after all.

One important aspect of the wiki and hacking is of course computer programming; I have updated the wiki to make sure this fact is clear… So add feel free to add data on the language of your choice ;)

Edited by White_Raven

Let's get something straight, White Raven, and to everyone else. My intention was not to deface or abuse anything, nor was it to piss anybody off. My understanding based on White Raven's description was that I was supposed to change this site to whatever the hell I wanted. Sorry if I misunderstood.

You might want to think about having that barbed cathedor removed from you ass white raven. I do appreciate the recognition however, but please don't associate my name with a Script Kiddie. Thanks.

Echo...

Let's get something straight, White Raven, and to everyone else. My intention was not to deface or abuse anything, nor was it to piss anybody off. My understanding based on White Raven's description was that I was supposed to change this site to whatever the hell I wanted. Sorry if I misunderstood.

You might want to think about having that barbed cathedor removed from you ass white raven. I do appreciate the recognition however, but please don't associate my name with a Script Kiddie. Thanks.

Echo...

You could have fooled me; Your PM to me sounded smug; I am not the type to start things against people, I just respond usually and in this case I simply responded to a attack on not only my web site and the hard work I put into getting it up, but the community as a whole.

Maybe this was a big misunderstanding, but If your assumptions where true then how do you define deleting parts of it as useful to the community? Adding your little quote to the page instead of replacing the page with it would have served the community better, as well as show others through your actions that you are a supporter of the community instead of the opposite.

Just think about what your doing next time, and how it will effect others; What’s good for the community is good for us all in the sense that we all benefit.

[edit]spelling..[/edit]

Edited by White_Raven

closed before this turns into another playa-hatas thread... *sigh* can't we all just get along? -_-