jp3a75bm

Am I being seen ok by everyone?

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've had a huge problem logging in for ages, don't even ask for how long!  I couldn't even contact anyone to fix it because there was no contact links anywhere unless you're logged in -catch 22!

So, somehow I've now managed to log in.  However, can I be seen ok or am I the only one that can see me post?  Secondly, will this post show "resistor X" like it should or will it show incoherent letters as it did when I googled my old posts (while not logged in) and saw it looked that way?

Hey, if anyone reading this can let me know about these things I'd appreciate it.

Sorry for making a test post but what else can I do....

Thanks.

Edit : I just posted this & see those odd letters I just mentioned.  Do you people see that too?

Edited by jp3a75bm
name should say "resistor X" so I added this part.

I don't see anything

I see your entire post and your user picture but only the handle "jp3a75bm", not "resistor X". Very odd. I'll report your opening post to the rest of the mods, this will in effect drop a trouble card and bring it to Stank's or glitch's attention, it might be a problem with the database or something. I really don't know. There was a software update either last year or 2015 and it was kind of problematic so something may have gotten messed up. They should be able to fix it. Hopefully you should see your normal handle before long.

Are you actually logging in as resistor X and it's just showing up as the string of garbage text when you post? What's the handle you see in the upper right corner of the screen when you log in?

EDIT: Report generated; this should hopefully be fixed soon.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, scratchytcarrier said:

I see your entire post and your user picture but only the handle "jp3a75bm", not "resistor X". Very odd. I'll report your opening post to the rest of the mods, this will in effect drop a trouble card and bring it to Stank's or glitch's attention, it might be a problem with the database or something. I really don't know. There was a software update either last year or 2015 and it was kind of problematic so something may have gotten messed up. They should be able to fix it. Hopefully you should see your normal handle before long.

Are you actually logging in as resistor X and it's just showing up as the string of garbage text when you post? What's the handle you see in the upper right corner of the screen when you log in?

Thanks for that because I had hit the contact button at the bottom of the pages below trying to report this but got an auto reply emailed to me saying anything sent to it isn't read & is deleted by the server, so lucky for me my post here was visible & that should get this reported to someone, thanks again.

As to what you asked me, if I can see the right name in the upper right I don't know since I have to temporarily use my Android to surf so I'm seeing a watered down version of binrev so it won't show me that area at all.

When I log in I use that same funny text we all see here, jp3a75bm, lol.  Funny the theme of my account issue is "log in" problem and post name is "log in" name...both are the  "log in" topic.  😏

Also, did I mention there's no way to contact anyone if you can't log in?  I mentioned this needs to be fixed too but then my message went to auto reply.  Perhaps you could relay that one as well when you get a chance.

Edit :  Hey, I successfully logged in twice now without an issue.  Funny bug....  ☺

7 hours ago, kc9pke said:

I don't see anything

I don't see the world either dude...lol...jk... just had to shed humor on the issue.

🎃

Edited by jp3a75bm
Forgot to say I logged in twice without an issue...rare but true.

On 4/8/2017 at 6:22 PM, scratchytcarrier said:

I've tested my logging in & logging out just now because right after you posted this I accidently deleted my browsing history so it logged me out of here.  I tried logging back in back then & saw I then had logged in ok twice in a row.  I thought this over & just decided to act on what I saw then & just tested logging in & out several times. It appears the 2 successful logins I just mentioned means it was working ok when I posted this thread  but I didn't know it because it's working fine.  I bet when the fixes were done after the software change you mentioned did the trick.  However it never fixed the name so is there a way you can change the name to resistor X as it was?

Thanks.

However it never fixed the name so is there a way you can change the name to resistor X as it was?

I can't do it myself since I don't have access to the database (I can ban problem users, edit and clean up posts and profiles and such but I can't change usernames or add newgroups). I've filed trouble reports for the other administrative mods who are able to do anything about it but they seem to be kind of out to lunch lately. So at the moment I really don't know what to say other than continue logging in as you've been doing lately until they fix it.

3 hours ago, scratchytcarrier said:

I can't do it myself since I don't have access to the database (I can ban problem users, edit and clean up posts and profiles and such but I can't change usernames or add newgroups). I've filed trouble reports for the other administrative mods who are able to do anything about it but they seem to be kind of out to lunch lately. So at the moment I really don't know what to say other than continue logging in as you've been doing lately until they fix it.

😏  Thanks for letting me know.  I'll just wait then.

At least I can log in ok, I'm halfway there.  ☺

I'll also wait to pm PurpleJesus who had messaged me while I couldn't log in & my name was correct.  If I pm'ed now he'd probably say who are you.  Lol.  I'd better wait till he can recognize me or he may think it's someone pretending to be resistor X.  No biggie, just wanted to explain why I couldn't reply back.

I see this thread has over a hundred views so far... what's so interesting about a user with an account problem?  Lol jk, thought I'd insert humor here.....

I see this thread has over a hundred views so far... what's so interesting about a user with an account problem

Probably getting scanned repeatedly by all the NSA (read: Screwgle/Farcebook/M$) search bots.

scratchy

Great.  I forgot the obvious, NSA bots...lol.

Maybe they've haunted my account because of a hack of the Census Bureau I once posted so this is why they're scanning my thread, to log my reaction.

Speaking of a problem here, I now am having a posting issue.  To post this I had to ignore what it kept doing which is quoting the post above yours where I last replied to you. It quoted it & to rid the text I had to hit backspace because copy/cut wasn't working.  It even did this when I hit the quote button on your last post - it quoted the one above it instead.  Bug city....

NSA

Why pick on me?  Like little old me can impact what you're doing.....  😒  if that's what this is.... just sayin.

Posted (edited)

Ok....now it's merging my posts.  Do you see this post here below merged with one of mine above (it was a separate post):

On 4/8/2017 at 2:38 PM, kc9pke said:

I don't see anything

I don't see the world either dude...lol...jk... just had to shed humor on the issue.

Ok NSA, I'm not impressed. 

Perhaps that's the NSAs idea, merge some posts so the Census ones won't make sense anymore should anyone go looking.  Sneaky yet obvious.

Edited by jp3a75bm
added "that was a separate post" & nsa comment

Ok....now it's merging my posts. Do you see this post here below merged with one of mine above (it was a separate post):

Yes, I sometimes merge subsequent posts together if they're from the same user, especially if it's a bunch of short ones posted within a short time of each other. It helps keep the threads neater and better organized. Sometimes people do abuse the forum that way to increase their post count, not like post counts really mean anything on here anyways (not saying you were doing that, but other people have.).

Can't blame NSAppleT&T this time, unfortunately.

8 hours ago, scratchytcarrier said:

Yes, I sometimes merge subsequent posts together if they're from the same user, especially if it's a bunch of short ones posted within a short time of each other. It helps keep the threads neater and better organized. Sometimes people do abuse the forum that way to increase their post count, not like post counts really mean anything on here anyways (not saying you were doing that, but other people have.).

Can't blame NSAppleT&T this time, unfortunately.

Ok.  Lol I bet NSA would like to take credit though....anything helps when you're trying to appear menacing even if you have to lie about the cause & take credit for it.