Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThoughtPhreaker

Alcatel-Lucent Lab exchanges

2 posts in this topic

So not too long ago, Ramsaso brought to my attention that Nokia/Alcatel-Lucent didn't EoL the 1AESS because they didn't want to support it anymore, but because AT&T cancelled their maintenance contract. Since they were the last 1A support customer, they dismantled the last lab 1AESS in Naperville, Illinois. That got me thinking about a lot of things, but most importantly, if they had a 1AESS lab in Naperville, what else do they have there? The answer? I have no idea, but they have two whole exchanges - 630-713 and 630-979 assigned to them.

This might be one of those cases where having a thing that isn't a person dial numbers for you might actually be a good idea. Even for a group project, 20,000 numbers is a bit much. Especially here; if you look around, you'll discover it's, er, a little underwhelming for a place where there's switch labs. But given the potential reward for finding something fun here, I thought I might mention it anyway. Never know; sometimes if you just dial around for patterns like x000, x999 or whatever (though maybe not those specific ones here, sadly), you'll find stuff.

Anyway, 630-979-4000 is probably the most useful number of the bunch - this doohickey is the custom voicemail platform someone came up with. It sounds like an engineer farted it out in a day or two, but it has a working name directory if nothing else. The system has a weird way of arranging phone numbers. For example, 630-713-1744 maps out to 2-873-1744 internally. 630-979-9599, likewise, is 2-879-9599.

I bet the numbering plan is something like 287-3-1744, where 287 is a tieline or location code for "naperville area", and 3-1744 or 9-9599 are local numbers on the centrex.