Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
systems_glitch

EAGLE CAD Moving to Subscription Model

6 posts in this topic

I Think I'll just stick with my tried and true Autocad R15/2000 bootleg!

Oh man, board layout with AutoCAD :) We had some legacy products at previous jobs where the layouts were all AutoCAD from back in the DOS days. Using a real EDA tool makes life *so* much easier!

I haven't ever designed a circuit board but I do have some disks full of monsters (binders full of women?) and science-fiction robots I designed on a whim about that long ago that I've been poking around with lately. Amazing how with Autocad the "if you don't use it you lose it" rule applies, I've been away from it long enough that I'm actually needing to use the textbook. 15 years ago I knew that thing like the back of my hand.

(Good thing I had the foresight to record my master ISO file to azo CDR disk. The MD5 and SHA256 sums I generated back then check out perfectly today. Heh, try THAT with a green CDR!)

You sure do forget all the little tricks and keyboard shortcuts in a hurry!

Don't trust bulk pack bargain bin CD-Rs with important data?! :D I've got a few spindles of Verbatim archival grade stuff for work and really important permanent backups. Stuff that changes some times gets put on Magneto-Optical cartridges.

Don't trust bulk pack bargain bin CD-Rs with important data?!

I don't. I used a Verbatim azo disk ($40 for a 25-pack at Border's Books in 2002!). These days when I do have to record a disk (hardly ever anymore it seems) it's a Tayo Yuden.

And now there's "M disk". I'm not equipped to run that format yet but intend to be by this summer.