Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XxthugstylezxX

Strange email

7 posts in this topic

I got this today yet im still confused as to wtf it means or how i got it. Well without Furhter adu here ya go:

Subject: NAV detected a virus in a document you authored.

Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 08:44:39 -0500

Please contact your system administrator.

The scanned document was QUARANTINED.

Violation Information:

The attachment doc.exe contained the virus W32.Mydoom.A@mm and could

NOT be

repaired.

Now it doesnt have any attachments and i never authored any document nor have i sent any document any where. Further more i wouldnt be stupid enough to try to spoof a virus with a attachment called doc.exe that would be stupid. Has any one else had a problem like this or gotten a strange email of this sort?

I get spoofed messages from servers all the time saying I sent a virus to a user and that the email was rejected.

nope it was just plain text in the email there were no attachments at all thats why i find it strange. Why would some one waste there time spoofing an email that was pointless unless its one of my friends that just learned how to do it and wanted to test it out but then again usually they'd tell me

Someone could have been trying to send you a virus and sent you a spoofed email, but your e-mail service removed it and put in that second part of the message, causing mass confusion. Ahhhh!

Someone could have been trying to send you a virus and sent you a spoofed email, but your e-mail service removed it and put in that second part of the message, causing mass confusion. Ahhhh!

Possible, but most ISPs virus scanners would replace the attachment with something along the lines of "virus_quarantined_info.txt"