Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
An0nym0u5

WEBGOATs?

3 posts in this topic

Okay so what is WEBGOAT? I understand it's software but is it outdated or worth looking into, bearing in mind I am a NOOB!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OWASP: (Rev. #737839397/09:34, 5 September 2016‎)

Webgoat: a deliberately insecure web application created by OWASP as a guide for secure programming practices.[1] Once downloaded, the application comes with a tutorial and a set of different lessons that instruct students how to exploit vulnerabilities with the intention of teaching them how to write code securely.

That's all I know. I've never even heard of Webgoat or OWASP until I saw your OP/the article.

OWASP is pretty reputable.  WEBGOAT  is pretty cool. I've loaded it in a V.M. and it was a learning experience. 

Teaches developers the basics of how their web-apps get pwned. Also teaches future security analysts how to perform auditing. When I played around with it, most things were very basic. The big vuln was an easy SQLi. However, it has advanced of the past few years.

Worth looking into, and installing then following the lessons. If you're new, it's okay to peak at the the challenges as you still learn something...