xhausted110

Avaya definity

134 posts in this topic

Please Help Hello Everyone I Am a newby first post I too enjoy fooling around with the avaya definity this is a work horse I purchase 3 tn2402 cards as spares and they came with pcmcia cards I have tried to find the passwords for them but to no avail I have used a hex editor to find it but no lucke I think you binary members are great at finding solutions I Am attaching my file and hope someone will find the password or better yet tell me how to find it in the file I have tried a card with a know password but could not find it, thank you all for your help Binary

Definity v4 R10 Voice mail no pass.bin

Edited by engravere

Did you upload these using dd on a Linux machine or something? I'm not familiar with the compression (or obfuscation, perhaps) format the Definity uses for ATA flash cards. If you want to get a readable output, do the following:

* Boot the system with no card
* Insert the card
* Type "upload translation"
* Receive the translation file via xmodem

Given Avaya's current state of financial instability, and whatever happens in the coming years, I would be safe to say that if you do not have any certificates on any "Definity" past Release 10 would be a nice paperweight forever.

The license file the system uses is only encrypted using DES-CBC, and resides as far as I can tell at the moment, in the pam process. Granted this a backburner project right now, but myself and other forum members have release 11 systems with valid licenses. I've got some sstepping to do one of these days. And of course, we have a copy of the orange card itself for that release. Forever generally isn't as long as anyone thinks.

I got a different older box (a Dell Demension 4550) which can accommodate the larger card, and is an intel processor. So now I get all the way through to where it states that the voice system is up and running and it states that the dialogic card is good to go. Then it says to press enter to go back to the prompt, which puts me back as just root. What am I missing to get to the GUI to set up the system parameters? Am I not getting to it due to the licensing thing? I would love to get around that, but I have no idea where to create a new script since I don’t know where the original one resides. That’s where I could really use some help and insight as to what you guys did to get around it.

You should be able to get that D/4PCI card working with a bit of effort. The system comes preconfigured for the D/41JCT cards, but if you run the configuration scripts, there's no reason - at least on the stock Dialogic system releases, why it shouldn't just work. If it doesn't, if it's any consolation, I'm going to probably publicly release a thing or two I've written for Dialogic hardware. I have a port for Windows already made; an environment that's considerably easier to make this hardware behave in with any machine. It's already been tested; I'd just like to clean up the user interface a bit and port a few features that I only made work on Linux before giving it out.

As a note to anyone who may be thinking about running Audix with these smaller cards, I recently learned there's two different kinds of D/4PCI cards; the UF and the U4S. If this'll work with anything, it'll work with the UF model - the U4S model, rather than supporting fax (which the Audix system will want to use), supports a feature Dialogic calls continuous speech processing. The D/41JCT card supports both as a consequence of it's massive size. As far as I know though, continuous speech processing isn't used in Audix.

Anyway, if you look in /usr/dialogic/bin/ ( 'cd /usr/dialogic/bin' and then 'ls'), you'll see a large number of utilities that come with the system release. Make sure the voice system is stopped before running any of them, but the utilities that help you configure the system (mkcfg, config.sh, ConfigGen for starts) are all here as I mentioned earlier. Type ./ to run them, bearing in mind it will be case sensitive. If you're not using a D/41JCT card, you will have to mess around with these. It's worth repeating that any sort of configuration utility you run will likely generate something in /usr/dialogic/cfg/ . dialogic.cfg is probably the only file you'll need to worry about, but you'll want to move it to /usr/dialogic/avaya/cfg/ for it to be of any use.

This would probably be a good time to mention that I know my help on this hasn't exactly been great. All I can really do is come clean and say I'm sorry; I'm not trying to be a dick or anything - when it became clear that you couldn't use anything except Avaya's weird linear predictive codec to record things with this release of Audix, I honestly started to lose interest pretty fast. I'll still help as best as I can. I just didn't expect there to be so many people asking about this when I repurposed the cards to do things that match more closely with what I like in telephony.

What am I missing to get to the GUI to set up the system parameters? Am I not getting to it due to the licensing thing?

You should be fine as far as licensing is concerned if the system can actually start. If I remember right, the system is supposed to start up an X environment with an old version of Netscape that you can do remote administration on. Can you tell me what running 'startx' does? The alternative option is to set up an ethernet interface and try going to the Apache server it gets up. To do this, type 'ifconfig -a | more'. If there's any interface besides lo0 (loopback) on there and it has an IP address, you can just go to that IP in your browser. If there's none, that would likely indicate a driver issue. If there's an interface (let's use eth0 for this example, since it's the most common) without an IP address, you may need to set up a network script. Type 'cd (slash)etc(slash)sysconfig(slash)network-scripts', (Readers, replace the "(slash)" with the proper forwardslash character. I had to do this to get around a bug in the forum software that prevents it from being rendered. Long story. Yet for some bizarre reason it didn't seem to care about all the paths thoughtphreaker listed a couple paragraphs up. Whatever. -scratchytcarrier) and then 'ls ifcfg*'. You'll probably see at least one script, like ifcfg-lo0. If there's none for your network adapter (for example ifcfg-eth0 for eth0), then type 'vi ifcfg-eth0' (or whatever your adapter's name is) at the command prompt. Press 'i', and then type these three lines:

DEVICE=eth0 (or alternatively, your alternate device name)
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=yes

Press escape, type ':w', ':q', and then reboot. When the system comes up, type 'ifconfig', and the adapter we just configured should come up with an IP address. Go to that IP in a browser on a machine that uses the same router.

Well I’m already in as root, which is the highest level. I’m just wondering if there’s a script or executable that needs to be ran to get the GUI to come up.

Try the tsc account; that's one of the highest privileged accounts available on the GUI.

Edited by scratchytcarrier

7 hours ago, ThoughtPhreaker said:

Try the tsc account; that's one of the highest privileged accounts available on the GUI.

@ThoughtPhreaker I have at this point gotten to the GUI on the machine. I had to do a full install on the new old machine that I got, so I’m guessing it was a driver issue since I literally just took the hard drive out of the machine I had done the install on with the smaller card, and plopped it in this machine. I must say it’s strange af to be using Netscape in such an old environment like this! It’s almost a flashback to my childhood where Netscape was the goto browser!

And its ok about the lack of help thing. It’s actually forcing me to be self sufficient on this and try to find the solutions on my own. 

However, where I’m stuck now is that I’m still on release 1.1 of Intuity AUDIX. I just burned the service pack as a file on a cd (which I don’t know if that’s what I was supposed to do), and when I mount it, I can’t get the file to run as an executable. So that’s where I’m lost now. I’ve tried to google how to do this. I’ve followed steps I’ve seen. It just won’t go. So that’s where I could use the most help now. 

I was having trouble getting the service pack to run too. Apparently, you do this through the web UI: https://support.avaya.com/downloads/download-details.action?contentId=C2009071016344231500909&productId=P0058

Here's the RPM they talk about being required if you need it. The zipped version might be on the install CD: http://www95.zippyshare.com/v/5PhIkHTA/file.html

Assuming there's no dependency issues with the latter, you can just upload it to the machine and type "rpm -i Z7043rf+b.rpm" and it'll install. Lemme know if there are; I don't think there should be.

8 hours ago, ThoughtPhreaker said:

I was having trouble getting the service pack to run too. Apparently, you do this through the web UI: https://support.avaya.com/downloads/download-details.action?contentId=C2009071016344231500909&productId=P0058

Here's the RPM they talk about being required if you need it. The zipped version might be on the install CD: http://www95.zippyshare.com/v/5PhIkHTA/file.html

Assuming there's no dependency issues with the latter, you can just upload it to the machine and type "rpm -i Z7043rf+b.rpm" and it'll install. Lemme know if there are; I don't think there should be.

I didn’t have any luck with how it said to do it in the release notes. I tried both methods shown after stopping the voice system and mounting the cd. Both times it said it couldn’t find any software. I then tried uploading and running the rpm. It then came back with a bunch of errors that said in a nutshell that it conflicts with file from package swmgmt-6.0-39.

so I’m at a loss here.

Hello everyone,

I bought two tn2402 boards with flash cards. One has R9 and it is ok. The second one is R11 and  has clear flash card with no translation at all and  for this reason it is useless at the moment. So I need a translation file  for R11, which you can get thru the xmodem way ThoughtPhreaker described. In my turn I can share my R9 translation. 

Thanks

Edited by Ramyl

I didn’t have any luck with how it said to do it in the release notes. I tried both methods shown after stopping the voice system and mounting the cd. Both times it said it couldn’t find any software. I then tried uploading and running the rpm. It then came back with a bunch of errors that said in a nutshell that it conflicts with file from package swmgmt-6.0-39.

I'll look into bringing up the Audix instance again this week and testing this. I don't seem to remember this being a serious problem though, for whatever it's worth.

Hello everyone,

I bought two tn2402 boards with flash cards. One has R9 and it is ok. The second one is R11 and  has clear flash card with no translation at all and  for this reason it is useless at the moment. So I need a translation file  for R11, which you can get thru the xmodem way ThoughtPhreaker described. In my turn I can share my R9 translation. 

Thanks

I could give you a valid R11 translations file, but the problem with that is it has a license file on it that's been paired with the processor's serial number. I can still get it if you want it, but I don't think it'll do you much good until more effort is done to reverse engineer it.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker

On 22/01/2018 at 7:46 PM, ThoughtPhreaker said:

I could give you a valid R11 translations file, but the problem with that is it has a license file on it that's been paired with the processor's serial number. I can still get it if you want it, but I don't think it'll do you much good until more effort is done to reverse engineer it.

I found that R9 translations do not pair with hardware. So I decided other releases do not pair too. In any way, I would appreciate your help.
Thanks.

Actually it is not  R11. I checked it and realized that it is R013i.00.0.340.3 release. Please PM me if you have an R13 translation image.

Thanks.