xhausted110

Avaya definity

138 posts in this topic

I'll need to grab some spare flash cards, then. ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's try an alternate approach.

 

Let's see if we can get to anything from the media processor's debug window with an unknown user/pw. ;)

 

Trying 10.12.0.101...
Connected to 10.12.0.101.
Escape character is '^]'.
     Welcome to the Debug Window 4.0

login:

 

I think it's vxworks with some sort of API to the Oryx/Pecos bits...hmmm!

 

EDIT: looks like the definity funtimes "encryption" password for the medpro's 'craft' user is b9z9Qyeyyy if someone wants to take a crack at "decoding" it - i've failed myself every time ;0

 

Also: re ASG:

 

The asg key associated with the login, where the ASG
key is 20 digit octal (0-7). The  next to last digit must be
0, 2, 4 or 6 and the last digit must be 0
For details on other valid options see man (8) useradd and man (8) usermod

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

EDIT: looks like the definity funtimes "encryption" password for the medpro's 'craft' user is b9z9Qyeyyy if someone wants to take a crack at "decoding" it - i've failed myself every time ;0

 

Is there any way we could see a hex dump of it or something? I'm honestly a little confused. I tried the usual decoding routine, and I think it came back as vas6e6Qvvv.

 

Also, as a follow-up for the Audix stuff, me and xhausted looked over the system on the conf. It looks like in either start_vs or start_vs_now (start_vs calls start_vs_now at the end of it; they're just shell scripts), there is indeed some sort of check to ID the hard drive. But if you're not interested in dealing with that, you can also just comment it out.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, ThoughtPhreaker said:

Is there any way we could see a hex dump of it or something? I'm honestly a little confused. I tried the usual decoding routine, and I think it came back as vas6e6Qvvv.

 

003eacd0  61 00 00 00 62 00 00 00  63 00 00 00 64 00 00 00  |a...b...c...d...|
003eace0  65 00 00 00 63 72 61 66  74 00 00 00 62 39 7a 39  |e...craft...b9z9|
003eacf0  51 79 65 79 79 79 00 00  42 72 65 61 6b 70 6f 69  |Qyeyyy..Breakpoi|
003ead00  6e 74 73 20 61 72 65 20  64 69 73 61 62 6c 65 64  |nts are disabled|
003ead10  0a 00 00 00 25 73 3a 25  64 20 70 61 73 73 65 64  |....%s:%d passed|
003ead20  20 62 61 64 20 66 63 63  6e 75 6d 20 25 64 0a 00  | bad fccnum %d..|

 

2 hours ago, ThoughtPhreaker said:

Also, as a follow-up for the Audix stuff, me and xhausted looked over the system on the conf. It looks like in either start_vs or start_vs_now (start_vs calls start_vs_now at the end of it; they're just shell scripts), there is indeed some sort of check to ID the hard drive. But if you're not interested in dealing with that, you can also just comment it out.

 

Could you re-upload the Audix stuff?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So today I got a flash card with this guy in my mailbox:

 

http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/S59Waqsv/file.html

 

This, quite simply, is an orange card as the Avaya people call it. So called because, well, it's an orange PCMCIA card. Also because it upgrades the software in your switch. If you happen to have a spare 48 MB ATA flash card, you can write the image to it (I used dd under Linux to copy it, and I assume unless you're an Avaya dev you'll be doing the same; the switch has some proprietary file system), tell the switch to 'upgrade software' and if you have a newer CPU card (TN2402, TN2404, etc. Anything that accepts an ATA flash card, I think) , you'll magically be running release 11! R011i.7585.7.0.2 to be specific.

 

That being said, if you do actually have a newer CPU card and a spare flash card, you probably shouldn't do this if you're actually using it. Anything after release 9 requires a license file to make the switch run. As much as I'd like to be able to just make one, well, I can't. Maybe someday.

 

If you want to look for different ones on eBay though, a few turn up in a search for reasonable prices:

 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=nude+gerbil+pics&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=avaya+memory&_sacat=0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avaya-ATA-48-Fourty-Eight-Memory-Card-PG-5E387-1087249232-/142419634540?hash=item2128df296c:g:tjIAAOSwXetZR-7w

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avaya-ATA-48-Fourty-Eight-Memory-Card-PG-5E387-1087249232-Used/142419648612?_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D45042%26meid%3Dfad85ea477f8472fa6f594cec67fdf7e%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D142419634540

 

The aplustel guy seems to have quite a collection of these. It might be worth asking if any of these have a non-11 version number written on the back. For whatever it's worth, if you ever see a version number starting with "MV", that's Multivantage; a thing Avaya started calling their releases from 10 through 13 since they were making builds of the same software for the Definity, Communication Manager, and probably other stuff. My particular card had "MV1.1.3, MLPP 7585.7.0.2" written on it. When you plug the card into an old laptop with PCMCIA or whatever and extract the data, the version string that the switch spits back at you will probably be at 0xDC6A00.

 

As for finding and identifying these, here's, as per some Avaya people, the part numbers for these different cards. Don't be like me and mistake these for ones that'll function as translations cards :P .

 

Flash Cards      Comcode       Size   System Size     Used For                  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
J58890TG1 L1 ;CC = 601376676   1 meg   < 800 sta    Translations Intel tn786b
J58890TG1 L7 ;CC = 601418379   2 meg   > 800 sta    Translations Intel tn786b
J58890TG1 L10;CC = 601451487   4 meg   all intel    Trans. & Announcements  
                               4 meg   G3s          Software Upgrade L16.5.1
                                                                   (EDI 7.1)
J58890TG1 L4 ;CC = 406805481  10 meg  all           Core Dump/Translation only
J58890TG1 L12;CC = 601819790  20 meg  all G3V6      Software Upgrade 20 meg   
J58890TG1 L13;CC = 601817448   2 meg  all G3V5      Translations
J58890TG1 L14;CC = 407301324   4 meg  all G3V5      Trans. & Announcements
J58890TG1 L15;CC = 601817430  10 meg  all G3V5      Trans. & Annc. Wireless
J58890TG1 L??;CC = 601817422   4 meg  all raptor    Trans. & Announcements  
J58890TG1 L??;CC = 108724907   8 meg  all G3V9 si/csi without wireless
J58890TG1 L??;CC = 108731829   8 meg  all G3V9 si/csi without wireless
J58890TG1 L??;CC = 108724915  16 meg  all G3V9 si/csi with wireless
J58890TG1 L??;CC = 108724923  48 meg  all G3V9 orange card with R009i.05.1.122.4

 

I wonder what Avaya's lawyers would think if they saw this thread.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker
The forum software likes to screw up table formatting
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/06/2017 at 11:42 PM, ThoughtPhreaker said:

So today I got a flash card with this guy in my mailbox:

 

http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/S59Waqsv/file.html

 

This, quite simply, is an orange card as the Avaya people call it. So called because, well, it's an orange PCMCIA card. Also because it upgrades the software in your switch. If you happen to have a spare 48 MB ATA flash card, you can write the image to it (I used dd under Linux to copy it, and I assume unless you're an Avaya dev you'll be doing the same; the switch has some proprietary file system), tell the switch to 'upgrade software' and if you have a newer CPU card (TN2402, TN2404, etc. Anything that accepts an ATA flash card, I think) , you'll magically be running release 11! R011i.7585.7.0.2 to be specific.

 

That being said, if you do actually have a newer CPU card and a spare flash card, you probably shouldn't do this if you're actually using it. Anything after release 9 requires a license file to make the switch run. As much as I'd like to be able to just make one, well, I can't. Maybe someday.

 

If you want to look for different ones on eBay though, a few turn up in a search for reasonable prices:

 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=nude+gerbil+pics&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=avaya+memory&_sacat=0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avaya-ATA-48-Fourty-Eight-Memory-Card-PG-5E387-1087249232-/142419634540?hash=item2128df296c:g:tjIAAOSwXetZR-7w

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avaya-ATA-48-Fourty-Eight-Memory-Card-PG-5E387-1087249232-Used/142419648612?_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D45042%26meid%3Dfad85ea477f8472fa6f594cec67fdf7e%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D142419634540

 

The aplustel guy seems to have quite a collection of these. It might be worth asking if any of these have a non-11 version number written on the back. For whatever it's worth, if you ever see a version number starting with "MV", that's Multivantage; a thing Avaya started calling their releases from 10 through 13 since they were making builds of the same software for the Definity, Communication Manager, and probably other stuff. My particular card had "MV1.1.3, MLPP 7585.7.0.2" written on it. When you plug the card into an old laptop with PCMCIA or whatever and extract the data, the version string that the switch spits back at you will probably be at 0xDC6A00.

 

As for finding and identifying these, here's, as per some Avaya people, the part numbers for these different cards. Don't be like me and mistake these for ones that'll function as translations cards :P .

 


Flash Cards      Comcode       Size   System Size     Used For                  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
J58890TG1 L1 ;CC = 601376676   1 meg   < 800 sta    Translations Intel tn786b
J58890TG1 L7 ;CC = 601418379   2 meg   > 800 sta    Translations Intel tn786b
J58890TG1 L10;CC = 601451487   4 meg   all intel    Trans. & Announcements  
                               4 meg   G3s          Software Upgrade L16.5.1
                                                                   (EDI 7.1)
J58890TG1 L4 ;CC = 406805481  10 meg  all           Core Dump/Translation only
J58890TG1 L12;CC = 601819790  20 meg  all G3V6      Software Upgrade 20 meg   
J58890TG1 L13;CC = 601817448   2 meg  all G3V5      Translations
J58890TG1 L14;CC = 407301324   4 meg  all G3V5      Trans. & Announcements
J58890TG1 L15;CC = 601817430  10 meg  all G3V5      Trans. & Annc. Wireless
J58890TG1 L??;CC = 601817422   4 meg  all raptor    Trans. & Announcements  
J58890TG1 L??;CC = 108724907   8 meg  all G3V9 si/csi without wireless
J58890TG1 L??;CC = 108731829   8 meg  all G3V9 si/csi without wireless
J58890TG1 L??;CC = 108724915  16 meg  all G3V9 si/csi with wireless
J58890TG1 L??;CC = 108724923  48 meg  all G3V9 orange card with R009i.05.1.122.4

 

I wonder what Avaya's lawyers would think if they saw this thread.

"Too busy with bankruptcy"

 

It's all for interoperability, riiiight? ;)

 

 

On 30/06/2017 at 11:42 PM, ThoughtPhreaker said:

So today I got a flash card with this guy in my mailbox:

 

http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/S59Waqsv/file.html

 

This, quite simply, is an orange card as the Avaya people call it. So called because, well, it's an orange PCMCIA card. Also because it upgrades the software in your switch. If you happen to have a spare 48 MB ATA flash card, you can write the image to it (I used dd under Linux to copy it, and I assume unless you're an Avaya dev you'll be doing the same; the switch has some proprietary file system), tell the switch to 'upgrade software' and if you have a newer CPU card (TN2402, TN2404, etc. Anything that accepts an ATA flash card, I think) , you'll magically be running release 11! R011i.7585.7.0.2 to be specific.

 

That being said, if you do actually have a newer CPU card and a spare flash card, you probably shouldn't do this if you're actually using it. Anything after release 9 requires a license file to make the switch run. As much as I'd like to be able to just make one, well, I can't. Maybe someday.

 

Ooooh. Slightly newer than the version I'm running on mine!

 

Quote

 

If you want to look for different ones on eBay though, a few turn up in a search for reasonable prices:

 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=nude+gerbil+pics&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=avaya+memory&_sacat=0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avaya-ATA-48-Fourty-Eight-Memory-Card-PG-5E387-1087249232-/142419634540?hash=item2128df296c:g:tjIAAOSwXetZR-7w

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avaya-ATA-48-Fourty-Eight-Memory-Card-PG-5E387-1087249232-Used/142419648612?_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D45042%26meid%3Dfad85ea477f8472fa6f594cec67fdf7e%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D142419634540

 

The aplustel guy seems to have quite a collection of these. It might be worth asking if any of these have a non-11 version number written on the back. For whatever it's worth, if you ever see a version number starting with "MV", that's Multivantage; a thing Avaya started calling their releases from 10 through 13 since they were making builds of the same software for the Definity, Communication Manager, and probably other stuff. My particular card had "MV1.1.3, MLPP 7585.7.0.2" written on it. When you plug the card into an old laptop with PCMCIA or whatever and extract the data, the version string that the switch spits back at you will probably be at 0xDC6A00.

I need a spare CPU card so I can test some of these upgrades...;)

Quote

 

As for finding and identifying these, here's, as per some Avaya people, the part numbers for these different cards. Don't be like me and mistake these for ones that'll function as translations cards :P .

 


Flash Cards      Comcode       Size   System Size     Used For                  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
J58890TG1 L1 ;CC = 601376676   1 meg   < 800 sta    Translations Intel tn786b
J58890TG1 L7 ;CC = 601418379   2 meg   > 800 sta    Translations Intel tn786b
J58890TG1 L10;CC = 601451487   4 meg   all intel    Trans. & Announcements  
                               4 meg   G3s          Software Upgrade L16.5.1
                                                                   (EDI 7.1)
J58890TG1 L4 ;CC = 406805481  10 meg  all           Core Dump/Translation only
J58890TG1 L12;CC = 601819790  20 meg  all G3V6      Software Upgrade 20 meg   
J58890TG1 L13;CC = 601817448   2 meg  all G3V5      Translations
J58890TG1 L14;CC = 407301324   4 meg  all G3V5      Trans. & Announcements
J58890TG1 L15;CC = 601817430  10 meg  all G3V5      Trans. & Annc. Wireless
J58890TG1 L??;CC = 601817422   4 meg  all raptor    Trans. & Announcements  
J58890TG1 L??;CC = 108724907   8 meg  all G3V9 si/csi without wireless
J58890TG1 L??;CC = 108731829   8 meg  all G3V9 si/csi without wireless
J58890TG1 L??;CC = 108724915  16 meg  all G3V9 si/csi with wireless
J58890TG1 L??;CC = 108724923  48 meg  all G3V9 orange card with R009i.05.1.122.4

 

I wonder what Avaya's lawyers would think if they saw this thread.

 

 

On 28/06/2017 at 7:49 AM, ThoughtPhreaker said:

 

Snagged.

 

Much more useful than my attempts to run communication manager in vmware...;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need a spare CPU card so I can test some of these upgrades...;)

 

If you want to borrow my TN2402, well, it's not like we live too far away from each other :) . Basically the only use for mine until licensing comes along is this.

 

Incidentally, I think there's a slightly more recent orange card on eBay right now if someone wants it. This one has "CM 2.1" (which would be release 12.1) lightly scrawled on the back. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avaya-ATA-48-Fourty-Eight-Memory-Card-PG-5E387-1087249232-Used-/142419648612?hash=item2128df6064:g:Ud0AAOSwjKFZR~MY

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2017 at 0:10 PM, ThoughtPhreaker said:

 

 

 

If you want to borrow my TN2402, well, it's not like we live too far away from each other :) . Basically the only use for mine until licensing comes along is this.

 

Even closer now that my move has finished. ;)

 

That'd be useful - my Definity is up 24x7 now (Alameda power is much cheaper than San Jose power...)

 

On 7/10/2017 at 0:10 PM, ThoughtPhreaker said:

Incidentally, I think there's a slightly more recent orange card on eBay right now if someone wants it. This one has "CM 2.1" (which would be release 12.1) lightly scrawled on the back. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avaya-ATA-48-Fourty-Eight-Memory-Card-PG-5E387-1087249232-Used-/142419648612?hash=item2128df6064:g:Ud0AAOSwjKFZR~MY

 

I'll want to snag that once I get paid I think...;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I am going to try tonight to read some of @ThoughtPhreaker's advice both here on thread and in a private message to finish trying to default my R12 board. I have not had the time to sit down in my wiring closet and follow the instructions. I did get the PAM dump from using HyperTerminal (using a Windows XP VM) and download it (sorry to the folks here, I do not use Linux and while I hate Microsoft, I'm one of those "real world" dudes who doesn't have time to play with non enterprise software/amateur apps.) 

 

Actually the problem was finding how to get the entire dump to export. That took some time and I got it done in the spring, again the only available app that was able to do so was HyperTerminal. I feel safe to say I got the entire strings of hexes. I gotta finish through the various stuff ThoughtPhreaker helped me with. I'll let everyone know if I got somewhere.

 

Has anyone tried to default an R12 PPN to the point where it can run 30 days without a license? (as if Avaya was installing it?)  I clearly know this is the biggest hurdle for anything greater than R10. Also could I provision the system after a massive default, save to translations (again w/out a license) and like on the 30th day, default, reload the translations and make it appear it was running like on Day 1? This is my ideal goal, and will try to see what I can do tonight.

 

For fun: can someone tell me what the PAM stands for and what's it's purpose other than trying to max out the fan speeds? (Hope no IP atty comes after this post!)

 

 

On 03/06/2017 at 8:02 PM, gewt said:

I think it's vxworks with some sort of API to the Oryx/Pecos bits...hmmm!

 

EDIT: looks like the definity funtimes "encryption" password for the medpro's 'craft' user is b9z9Qyeyyy if someone wants to take a crack at "decoding" it - i've failed myself every time ;0

 

Is that for sure? VxWorks is something I am not familiar Avaya Red using at all. Avaya Blue (NES) had VxWorks behind M1 and all the Meridian class PBX systems.  I thought on the Red side when they moved to Mod Messaging and the S-line of media servers they ported Oryx/Pecos and AUDIX to Linux code...

 

On 30/06/2017 at 11:42 PM, ThoughtPhreaker said:

 

I wonder what Avaya's lawyers would think if they saw this thread.

 

Don't feed to the SV legal trolls! Eff them! Avaya is dead. (Sorry folks to rain on your parade) but since their Ch 11, more and more customers have dumped Avaya like crazy and who cares if their code is on the net?

 

Quite honestly, Avaya has been really rude to any non commercial customers outside the small end systems (that doesn't need craftsman intervention) as I previously stated. In other tech, there are hobbyist licenses, so why couldn't Avaya during these rough times where they are making it harder for ANYONE to pay for their wares?

 

It's a "public service" to preserve the history of a generation of enterprise telephony! :P We must teach "the children" and the IT hotshots what an "office phone system" really was! 

 

This might be OT, but I wonder if anyone is willing to reverse engineer the Avaya Red components to make an Asterisk distro similar to Avaya Blue's fork of the Asterisk known as the UCx system. (AFIK former Nortel engineers are behind the UCx platform.) I still have my DCP terminals, and a pre SIP era 4606 set just in case someone is willing to do the same to the Avaya Red world. Avaya Red had more customers, more users than Nortel had, and there is still squat of a community that would be willing to build something. It's like Nortel has been dead for years, and there is still tribute tours kinda thing in that part of the telephony world. :/

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2017 at 6:12 AM, MakeAvayaRedGreatAgain said:

 

@ThoughtPhreaker

 

 

Is that for sure? VxWorks is something I am not familiar Avaya Red using at all. Avaya Blue (NES) had VxWorks behind M1 and all the Meridian class PBX systems.  I thought on the Red side when they moved to Mod Messaging and the S-line of media servers they ported Oryx/Pecos and AUDIX to Linux code...

 

Yep - there are VxWorks strings in the MedPro firmware...so it uses it for SOMETHING. Certainly not the main processor.  That's 100% Oryx/Pecos.

 

Certainly not in the manner of the Meridian - my 11C and Definity have radically different boot processes...;)

 

Shoretel (and I think Mitel) have done VxWorks too.  I need to find where the hell my Shoretel box went...might be across the bay.

 

On 8/10/2017 at 6:12 AM, MakeAvayaRedGreatAgain said:

 

Don't feed to the SV legal trolls! Eff them! Avaya is dead. (Sorry folks to rain on your parade) but since their Ch 11, more and more customers have dumped Avaya like crazy and who cares if their code is on the net?

 

I wonder if I can pester someone now to see if they got the Computer Consoles Inc IP from Nortel if they ever had it...

 

On 8/10/2017 at 6:12 AM, MakeAvayaRedGreatAgain said:

 

Quite honestly, Avaya has been really rude to any non commercial customers outside the small end systems (that doesn't need craftsman intervention) as I previously stated. In other tech, there are hobbyist licenses, so why couldn't Avaya during these rough times where they are making it harder for ANYONE to pay for their wares?

 

At least they're not Big Blue and their Guardians of the Mainframe Enforcers.

 

On 8/10/2017 at 6:12 AM, MakeAvayaRedGreatAgain said:

 

It's a "public service" to preserve the history of a generation of enterprise telephony! :P We must teach "the children" and the IT hotshots what an "office phone system" really was! 

 

Just upload it to archive.org first and link to it. ;)

 

I mean they have CompuServe's OS...;)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got Audix system built...now how the hell do I install the service pack?

 

Running the shell script just extracted the RPMs and did nothing...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For fun: can someone tell me what the PAM stands for and what's it's purpose other than trying to max out the fan speeds? (Hope no IP atty comes after this post!)

 

Basically, it's there for login security.

 

Yep - there are VxWorks strings in the MedPro firmware...so it uses it for SOMETHING. Certainly not the main processor.  That's 100% Oryx/Pecos.

 

I think the VxWorks stuff in the orange card is to upgrade firmware for the circuit packs; the TN799 and 2501AP, for example, both have a microcontroller that runs VxWorks, and there's options in the user interface for sending firmware. These cards actually have an Avaya response to a fairly serious CVE: http://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100093903 .

 

Got Audix system built...now how the hell do I install the service pack?

 

That's a good question. I don't suppose "rpm -i *.rpm" is such a great answer, is it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2017 at 0:58 AM, ThoughtPhreaker said:

 

That's a good question. I don't suppose "rpm -i *.rpm" is such a great answer, is it?

 

Only mostly terrible.

 

The upgrade and integration not forwarding the number correctly are my only Audix issues at present.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you using inband or C-LAN integration? If I remember right, for inband, you'll want the to install the serial_inband.rpm package. For C-LAN, LANset.rpm ovltism.rpm . There's some other relevant packages I seem to remember being prerequisites as well; oehs.rpm, swinbase.rpm, SWINset.rpm, swmgmt.rpm .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThoughtPhreaker said:

Are you using inband or C-LAN integration? If I remember right, for inband, you'll want the to install the serial_inband.rpm package. For C-LAN, LANset.rpm ovltism.rpm . There's some other relevant packages I seem to remember being prerequisites as well; oehs.rpm, swinbase.rpm, SWINset.rpm, swmgmt.rpm .

Have you gotten C-LAN integration working? I personally haven't tried it yet. The instant transfers would be nice.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope. The C-LAN board I bought wound up being a dud (just a few surface mount resistors will probably fix it. Sadly, I'm not especially great at soldering), and under the pre-R9/10 releases, there's pretty limited incentive to have one of those cards anyway; remote management over a C-LAN card wasn't a thing until relatively late.

 

With the weird CELP codec this instance of Audix records everything in, my interest in it is honestly sort of done for the moment. Especially since I can make a lot better use of the Dialogic card it uses with my own software.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/08/2017 at 6:18 PM, ThoughtPhreaker said:

Are you using inband or C-LAN integration? If I remember right, for inband, you'll want the to install the serial_inband.rpm package. For C-LAN, LANset.rpm ovltism.rpm . There's some other relevant packages I seem to remember being prerequisites as well; oehs.rpm, swinbase.rpm, SWINset.rpm, swmgmt.rpm .

 

Doing Inband now...it insisted it couldn't resolve an IP address so C-LAN never operated.

 

On 22/08/2017 at 6:22 PM, xhausted110 said:

Have you gotten C-LAN integration working? I personally haven't tried it yet. The instant transfers would be nice.

 

I may try again some day, but I'm not too eager too.

 

On 22/08/2017 at 6:33 PM, ThoughtPhreaker said:

Nope. The C-LAN board I bought wound up being a dud (just a few surface mount resistors will probably fix it. Sadly, I'm not especially great at soldering), and under the pre-R9/10 releases, there's pretty limited incentive to have one of those cards anyway; remote management over a C-LAN card wasn't a thing until relatively late.

 

We should clone my R11 board for you so you get licenses...;)

 

Unfortunately, the TN2402 seems to be all SMT flash with no sockets :(

 

Quote

With the weird CELP codec this instance of Audix records everything in, my interest in it is honestly sort of done for the moment. Especially since I can make a lot better use of the Dialogic card it uses with my own software.

 

I should get a second one of those...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2016 at 10:00 PM, ThoughtPhreaker said:

Sure! I had to go through this myself, only without the benefit of an account on the translations card to work with. Depending on what software release you have (if you're trying to install a C-LAN card, I assume it's a fairly late release. I don't think it'll work with anything below release 7) you have a few different options here.

 

1) The easiest is to just boot the system with no translations card installed. Once you've got it running, log into it with the username inads and the password indspw. Go ahead and insert the memory card into the reader. Or just skip all this crap and if you have something that accepts linear flash (ATA flash for the later systems) PCMCIA cards, just stick it in that. Anyway, assuming you're doing the Definity method, type 'upload translation'. Or maybe it's download; I think they made it to be upload from the Definity instead of to the terminal emulator. On one, it'll copy the flash card's contents into RAM and say "Prepare to receive file". Use xmodem to receive the file, and you'll have a copy of the passwords (albeit XORed or something; it's not anything particularly sophisticated. I don't know the algorithm, but I can give you as many plaintexts as you want if you need them. It doesn't seem to be anything standard, but it looks like Base64 at first glance) from the switch.

 

2) If you have a release 6 or lower processor, you can boot with no translations card again, and overwrite the bytes for the init (superuser; the one that lets you activate any feature you feel like having) password with the ones of a password you know (there's no RAM protection; the rva command should let you do this. I'll attach a ramdump of the pam process to this post). For added shits and giggles, there's even a byte you can change to make a password expire. In some situations, that might be the only way you have to change it. I dunno a lot about the way the header works, but in release 6 and 8, there's a byte that indicates what type of account the username is - or maybe it's an account ID. By default, It's 0x00 for init, 0x01 for inads, 0x02 for craft, and I think the rest are in descending order of account privileges. It might be possible to have two init or inads accounts. However, if the init account is set to prompt for an ASG login (which in release 8/+, it is by default), it'll try and give you a challenge/response for the init account.

 

If you do have a release 8/+ translations card, one thing I've found you can do is change the account ID for the init account to 0x01 (so it doesn't prompt for an ASG challenge/response), write the password to one you know, and then write it back to 0x00 when you're logged in. Though you'll get slightly higher privileges than the inads account, it seems to know what you're doing, and disables the option to change purchased features. Or activate the switch to begin with >.< .


For release 8/+, I think there's really only one course of action that can be done at the moment; log in as inads (or init with the above method; the only difference is under inads, it'll try to hide this, but it'll still accept it) and type 'go debugger local'. The switch has a lot of nice things in here, including a simple disassembler. If you speak R3000 assembly, you can probably figure out why/how the switch knows you've been screwing around with the accounts. Judging by how it complains about my *cough* modded release 6 card, I assume the init password is derived from something specific to the software version, and newer releases, knowing that, will complain if you've changed it.

 

If you decide to take this route, lemme know. There's a bit more detail I can go into about the debugger and general Oryx/Pecos operation.

 

3) You can boot it with no translations card, and upload a fully unlocked release 6 translations backup I made to your card. On newer releases, this'll still work, but you'll be relegated to release 6 features, and it won't let you save; the newer processor releases seem to know something is up, and will claim the card is corrupted. Normally I'd just upload it, but there's some stuff I'd rather not have public on the translations backup I made. Lemme know if you want it.

pam.bin

pam_r8.bin

 

So I stumbled upon this post. I have a Definity Prologix switch I aquired. It has a release 6 processor (TN798B). I have now booted the switch with no translation card. I went into RVA, but I'm a little confused as to what command I would use to change the init password. Could you elaborate as to what I should do?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try booting the system without a card and logging in as inads. The command 'go debugger local' should be available from the command interface, though not listed. At the debug interface, type this: rd -f 2000000x pam 0x400000 . If you post the dump on here, I can filter the output to reflect the actual binary it's dumping pretty easily. If you want to just upload it, I can A) tell you the password, B ) tell you what ram address and commands you need to use to change it, or C) we can skip all this crap, and you can just try the password 'e5peranto'. If I remember right, that's the release 6 init password. A little less fun, but it gets you what you need.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recommend a sticky or a blog post or something where it's concise because I think many who have came here from a Google search are not Tier 3 admins.  I would ask CJ from PBX How Tos (since he was a Tier 3 Avaya guy) since he flaunted that he "defaulted his PBX" in a YouTube video a few years back; but I think he's ether dead or playing possum. :) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ThoughtPhreaker, the password in option C didn't work, unfortunately. I got in and went into the interface you mentioned. I didn't realize it was going to dump that much hex on me! How would you recommend I retrieve it and post it? I'm using a very old version of Procomm Plus to access the switch. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


8 hours ago, grs033 said:


ThoughtPhreaker, the password in option C didn't work, unfortunately. I got in and went into the interface you mentioned. I didn't realize it was going to dump that much hex on me! How would you recommend I retrieve it and post it? I'm using a very old version of Procomm Plus to access the switch.



It dumps the entire RAM contents - so theres going to a lot of lines.

For me I tried to get the contents using HyperTerminal (was using an XP laptop) and checked the screen logging before logging in and performed the specific commands ThoughtPhreaker instructed. Procomm and Avaya are typically not the best marriage in heaven to manage.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok.... so here is the dump from the processor. I hope I saved it in a way that it can be used (I checked it in notepad, and it looks like it captured everything).

grs033 dump

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now