bland_inquisitor

welcome NEW PEOPLE

1,131 posts in this topic

hi, so im just now looking into all of this for the first time and it seems a bit overwhelming with all the information out there, it seems that there is a life times worth to learn and im trying to figure out where to even start. i mean i have a basic walmart grade laptop and basic computer common knowledge but how to i take the first step, or even how do i figure out where that step is??

I guess I'm sort of new because I have never posted in this thread.

I'm from Colorado but don't smoke weed, been more or less interested in phreaking and hacking for a few years now.

I have lots of old WE phones, and even a WE pay phone.

Yeah. Just thought I should post here eventually.

I'm kinda new as well since I never got around to posting on this thread.  I started out with an Apple IIe and 300 baud modem.  Around '84 I started exploring the phone system, but was only interested in carriers and steady tones at that time.

Hello,

I found this forum after nosing around some search engines. I have a degree in mechanical engineering so I'm familiar with a lot of basic scientific principles. Coding is definitely not my forte.

Greetings!

I've been listening to the radio show for decades.

Hello, I come in peace! Heh.

Anyway, the name's Jeff. I'm 37, work in the computer field... But was turned onto phreaking about a year ago hearing tapes done by some kid named "Evan from Malverne"... Heh.

So I'll most likely be found in the Old Skool Phreaking forums, but might peek out elsewhere on occasion!

Pleasure to be here!

Welcome! There seems to be more phreaking than anything else nowadays, so much for phreaking being dead!

Heh... I'd say not dead, but comprehensibly changed?

It sure isn't the same as it was in the old Group Bell / "Bernay's Boys" days. But it seems (if the forums are any indication) that there's still some interesting things to find, even in the modern phone system.

Plus there's all the *new* stuff that's actually accessible to us now, like open source soft PBXes -- and all of the old hardware that's coming out of service and can be purchased cheaply. Everyone needs a bit of electromechanical switchgear in their basement!

I think my wife would kill me if I started putting together a step-by-step in our garage...

Whatcha, folks, I'm Scratchy T. Carrier, also known amongst mortals as simply "Scratchy T. Carrier" (so now you know), lived in and around Washington pretty much my entire life; I'm "pretty close to" the same age as JCSwishMan33 (his senior, but not by much) and have only started getting into phreak stuff within the last few years or so. I found out about it by reading a certain magazine named for a certain phrequency, "Phrack" and the "Evan from Malvern" tapes which I was first told about 10 years ago more or less, though I was aware of it long before that. (There was a small council of the M.B.S. Pacific Branch active in the White Salmon/Hood River area when I was growing up, but I didn't really have any involvement with them. They were't active much after divestiture and were pretty much gone by the time I got into high school. [Oh well I'm sorry, I thought, well, this phone...])

On Binrev, I mainly hang out in Old-School Phreaking, when I'm not wandering about elsewhere or blasting Spambots.

Food: bananas, cheeseburgers, Chinese, Italian, milkshakes, New York Seltzer, oatmeal (with raisins, graham crackers and chocolate chips), orange juice, pancakes, shredded wheat, tea, tea with orange juice, trail mix, tuna sandwiches. Highly processed foods. Anything that takes little or no time or effort to prepare.

Hobbies: Phreaking, CB/FRS/GMRS/MURS radio, bikes

Wardrobe: Hoodies, tank tops, wrangler butt, Adidas anything, combat boots, sandals, whatever. Fashions come and go. I've been a Chaco nut since they came out in the late 80s and I had to drive about 4 hours round trip to get them. There's really nothing you can't wear black leather combat boots with.

TV shows: TV? Isn't that a respiratory illness?

Sex: I've had it, yes.

Drugs: No goddamn way. You can't do this stuff stoned. Marijuana's "legal" here now but all that shit scares me. Caffiene yeah and ODs of advil for my sciatica problem but that's it.

Rock & Roll: Steely Dan, Seeburg 1000, Tempo FM 107.4, analogue wire-carrier noise, other peoples' old incoming message tapes. I don't know why but Steely Dan and hacking seem to go together perfectly.

Politics: Right wing, left wing, center, whatever. I don't really give a shit. They're all the same criminal scum and I hate them all equally.

I think my wife would kill me if I started putting together a step-by-step in our garage...

Well I'm single but I'd probably get evicted if the landlord knew I was turning the spare bedroom into a CO...

I really do want to build one, one of these days. Maybe a "portable" system on a rack that sits on a counter or a workbench, like this guy did: https://youtube.com/watch?v=cNNKLuM8yY8.

I'm Tekio. I'm the ranting asshole of the forums. Really I'm ok. I just rant online so all me real-life friends don't hate like all my online friends do. Hahaha!

Hi. I am coming here because I want to acquire new hacking skills. I want to help and be helped.

I once enrolled in another hacking forum, but the admin was being a douche all the time. I didn't need that,

so I've come here to show you my (still limited) skills, learn form the best, have a good time and be like

a big hacker family.

Cheers to you all.

Hello guys this this still an active site?

Hello. I'm just barely getting my feet wet in computer security. I was referred here by IronGeek.

Hello out there, missing binrev radio, rfa, bland inquisitor, dual parallel, stankdawg...please come back guys if just for once a month, come on guys i know its like years ago, but times are changing and still the same.