bland_inquisitor

welcome NEW PEOPLE

1,130 posts in this topic

hello there, everyone. i too am a noob/wannabe hacker. really like the binrev podcast, though. i should probably check out this site more often.

Hello, Im new to the net and have hundreds of Qs. First let me say thank you in advance for any help given, Someday I hope to pass the good spirit along to a newby such as myself.

I bought a Silicon Graphics 320 at an estate sale a while back and I really like it although I have never had it up and running. It came with winNT on it and a password that I couldn't begin to get passed so I put it away. After finding this site I hope someone can help me get it going. NT was on a SCSI drive so I tried removing the SCSI adaptor and installing an IDE drive But Win 98 would not load from the floppy. This machine has some wierd GUI at startup and I have since learned that it is possible to install win2k over NT on this machine however, one needs Recovery Disk #1 and #2 and also an SSK. My other alt. is to crack the password after reinstalling the original SCSI hardware. What I would really like is to keep the ide drive and run a winXP OS on it. Please let me know if this can be done or do I have a chance obtaining the rescue disks. Ive got it so messed up now when I turn it on the SGI GUI starts and then I get a dialogue box that says " unable to find boot file" and no way to navigate w/o mouse or keyboard.

sya, Cmdr Chill

Hey guys. I am a noob. I am very interested and want to learn and educate myself about the whole hacker world. I am planning to take programming in college. I try to do a lot of learning in my free time :D . I really love this community, and the fact that there is a forum for newbies like me :roll: .

Hi there. I don't have any technical background but i have the intense curiosity and need to learn. I hope to be a part of binrev community while growing personally and technically..

ullo everyone!

I am shipping off to basic training in a couple of months, and then I am going to be training for Cryptological Linguistics, wich means I get to learn a new language and then destroy a lot of networks for the government

so I thought this would be a fun resource for when I am bored and in need of helpos.

huzzah!

-BOM

Holla, first post and all.

I'm from the Uk, I'm 16, at sixform, banned from the computer lessons for some unknown reason :b

I'm currently sudying Law...ironic huh?

I'm loving Binrev its awesome. Guess thats it, introduction over.

Utility.

Hello everyone, i'm quite the noob.

i got in trouble back in 7th grade for messing around with some code in english class when we were sapposed to be writing papers.... but yeah, i've been interestred in Hacking/Phreaking for quite some time. glad i found this site, it seems really helpfull.

Expect many noob questions from me. :D

Hi everyone, just saying hi here for now and asking for one thing. I have a friend who "hacks" stuff, he goes for programming for like 2 hours every day after school and has perfect grades etc,I'm gonna see if he can teach me some things,but like i said he stays after for 2 hours then has tons of homework, so im hoping i can learn here, too. I've been interested in hacking ever since i was like 13, im 16 now btw, but this is the first time im actually gonna try and learn stuff. Since then ive read some books about hackers, fictional stuff..But it seems interesting, and useful to know/be able to do. Just one thing i need to know to get started, is obviously, where and how can I learn? x.x I like to learn...USEFUL THINGs... Maybe someone could give me a simple explanation of hacking and phreaking..i only know basic definitions and stuff.

Anyway, thanks for the help and cya all around =o

Anexea

hey everyone, jus wanted to say whats up and mention that this is a pretty kickass site. Im hopin to learn a lot from it, and maybe some day know enuff to contribute as well

I haven't posted in forever, i might as well be new, whats goin on round hurr

Hello, I'm new to this forum. Not really sure what to write. I'm a computer science major, or well was a computer science major until financial problems forced me to take a break from school. Feeling a bit of intellectual isolation in my life, so I guess I'm just looking to make some friends and find something to work on, something to keep my brain active. Day job = cashier != brain staying active.

Hello everybodeeeeeeeeeee! I fall under the uber noob category. I know just enough to get into trouble and sound like an idiot at the same time. But I'm watching and reading and experimenting and learning. Present obsession is exploration tools that run on USB thumbdrives (scanners, sniffers, ect). Haven't had much luck yet, but I've learned a lot looking.

Edited by righteous_slave

Hello everyone,

I'm blackbox, i have the need to consume information. Currently i am only producing gibberish, hopefully with your help, that may change.

grtzzz

Hi All! I am recently new to BinRev and have already found lots of help here. Hopefully, in time, I will help others as well. I started learning about computers and how they work last semester at school (got into a little trouble) and since then I have progressed so much. This site has been a lot of help and inspiration in many ways.

Anyway, overall, this is a great site if you need help with something computer related and a good place to make friends that share your liking of all that is electronic. Enjoy!

hey everyone, I am Wud (say it like a tree but its spelled W-U-D) ive been hanging out around here for a few months now, but just noticed this thread today. so heres my hello post.