bland_inquisitor

welcome NEW PEOPLE

1,131 posts in this topic

What's up? Everyone calls me Gnomey. Allow me to introduce you all to my friend, Google. I'm here to learn as much as I can... Lost most of my computer skills because I havn't done anything with them for a while.

Welcome Gnomey! Hope you have a good time around here as everyone is nice and they all help each other.

I am pretty new around here, but yeah, i act as i know things.......

have a blast and enjoy!

+Cypress

Lurking is hot, Hot indeed my friend. As is post whoring. :D Not really. Felt the need to reply. That is all. :cuss: :cuss: :wub:

I suppose it's about time I said hello on this thread as well.

so there

that was it.

I said HI.

I'm really antisocial.

I'm going back under my rock.

but

Before i go, i wanna say that this is one of my fav. forums around!

rock

Hey all, I'm relatively new to both the radio show and the forums, hope to learn a lot from here, and Binary Revolution rocks!

Just found this thread, not my first post, but I have been a long time listener/lurker. My hacking intrests mainly involve *nix and general coding. Go together like PBR and lucky charms. :D

I'm new here; thanks for the excellent forums!

I never thought I'd forgive Apple for discontinuing the Apple ][ line, but here I am typing away on an iBook. Now I need to resort to virtual machines to fulfill my perverse desire to play with operating systems few have heard of. I tried Plan 9 back in 2003, but I got discouraged by kinks that hadn't yet been worked out of the then-new fossil filesystem. Does anyone here run Plan 9? The Hurd? Other interesting less-popular OS's?

Hello!

I didnt see this thread. Maybe you guys should sticky it?

Great forum, great radio show, great internet tv, hell the whole lot of Bin rev projects kickass. So all I have to say is thank you to stank and the ddp crew and as well as to the people on the forum that have been excellent help so far. I salute thee. :voteyes:

^_^

I am new to this forum. I have been into hacking a very long time. Checked out for a few years to do the family thing. I had some health issues last year and was out of work for a month and I spent that time getting caught up on the scene. I can tell you one thing Binrev is a hell of lot better than hitting BBS's and newgroups like the old days.

Thanks, this is the best restaurant I ever ate in!

new to this forum but i have been listening for a while and know some of you from other forums

I'm trying to learn how to gather information to make me a better informed citizen and to protect my civil liberties. If I am accessing systems without valid access should I operate through an anonymous proxy and does this offer some measure of protection?

Hey all, new member here, you're site rock and been on it forever just never got around to joining. But I'm here now!

S

Welcome :)

Finally listened to all the shows and now I am all caught up. The show is a little different now but I adapt and evolve.

Been around for a bit, finally got plenty of time to post, i hope to be here for teh rest of my pitiful life!

Edited by Cemptiom

Ello everyone, i was handed a disk filled with a plethora of mp3 episodes of this fine site by a co-worker of mine, and sort of reminded me of my youthfull days of dumpster diving, connecting to bbs's on good ol 2400 baud to download bitmap pron, and various other stupid and other odd activities. . .

of course i was never 31337 . . . nor even 1337 . . . my town was rather boring, didnt have many people back in the day interested in such activities, so apart from the occasional message board on a warez bbs back about the time the 14.4's were coming out . . ive not really learned nearly as much about computer security, networking and underground telecommunications as i should have back in the day . . anyways, hearing the topics discussed in such an amusing yet informative fashion has sort of brought me back into the scene . . . sort of drifted away from hardcore computing since my 56k days . . and then it was mostly about playing doom2 hehe

anyways, i r teh n()()bzorz and shall hope to gain some knowlege from this and other like-minded places . . .

and it is refreshing to see the old ideals of access to information alive and well despite the Government ® attempts to limit such . . .

forgive the rambling nature of this post, long day at work coupled with excitement at having rediscovered the fact that there are intelligent people still out there :D

We have recently joined. We look forward to learning lots from the community.

Okay, here it goes. I am barely scratching the surface as far as hacking is concerned, but an eager learner and listener nonetheless. I have been fooling around with computers for the last 20 years, but never got around learning to code. Guess I am not patient nor accurate enough for that. For now I am pretending to be a writer on open source and linux related issues, focusing mainly on people who wish to migrate to open source software and/or linux. Security issues are always fun as well.

For the time being I will be content with looking and learning from all you more experienced types (maybe ask an autogram or two ^_^ ) and contribute where my two cents are worth a dime.

Thank you for reading and not shooting with the big gun with scrap iron.

Janchi

Guess I should put something on here too... :)

Been listening to the show for 6-8 weeks now - got back to Ep45 so far - and been reading/posting here for a couple of weeks... It's great to see names posting on here that I know from the show, and HackTV, and all sorts of other places now...

Oh - and if anyone cares, I'm a Brit :)

--

Graham

Hi everyone, I'm the third3gree, just wanted to give a shout out, I pwn www.intrusi0n.net :D Along with tox1c. Who's a member here aswell, whom I havent seen in awhile. I run gentoo, um.. pretty much it i guess, wana figure out stuff for myself. Thanks