Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JmanA9

IPKall Going Away

6 posts in this topic

Dear IPKall user,

IPKall will be discontinuing services as of May 1st, 2016.

Sincerely,

IPKall Staff

Too bad.  It was good while it lasted.  ipcomms.net has been good to me with their Free DID.

Man that service has been around a while. Glad I don't have use of it anymore.

I'm using them for my public Asterisk number.  I'll miss how free they are.  Anyone know of any good replacements?  Maybe I'll just hook 3 or 4 Google Voice numbers into it since I'm a cheapskate.

It looks like K7, Laser voicemail and NoCharge are going away too. International Telcom changed hands a few months ago. I guess the new owners aren't as much into free services.

For what it's worth, it looks like North County is still offering free voicemails; http://www.govogo.com

I've been debating if it'd be worth my time/effort to ship a server off to some sketchy CLEC, and seeing if they'll put it in a rack somewhere with a DS1 or two for a reasonable rate. Circumstances permitting, I could probably give SIP trunking to a few people, but aside from the obligatory conference/voice BBS/voicemail/recording features/Phonetrips that everybody seems to have, is there anything anybody would like to see on something like that?

Looks like Callcentric is offering free numbers now which includes 3 incoming trunks.  As far as I could tell, IPKall had unlimited trunks, but I rarely have more than 2 or 3 people on my system at a time.  I'm going to try setting one up and see how it goes. 

http://www.callcentric.com/dids/free_phone_number