Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gforces

CCNA R&S Certification

2 posts in this topic

Someone please advise me on the easiest way of passing this rather, tricky exam. What are the best practices one can use to understand the topics in the CCNA R&S 200-120 cert guide. I find it much more difficult to read 1758 pages of this book page by page. Any help will highly be appreciated

I have not got a cert in a long time. Last was my MCSE back in the 90's (6 exams).  I just studied, found some test questions, and did an honest assessment of myself and how well I knew the exam material. Don't just read - do real world stuff so you have something in memory to refer back to when asked a tricky question.

About two weeks before each exam - I invested on some paid simulators. They accurately showed how well I was doing and what I needed to learn. After taking the simulator once, I studied the material I was weak. Also made sure to keep sharp on the stuff I knew well. The key to paid simul;actors is not to memorize the answers. ONLY TAKE THEM TWICE.

Finally, I took the simulator again about 4-5 days before paying $370 for an M.S. exam. Then wrote the stuff down on a piece of paper I always got wrong. Then studied that for about 45 minutes before going in to take the exam. When I took the exam we were given a pen and a piece of paper for doing math, subletting, etc..... I immediately sat down and wrote everything down I had trouble with in the simulators (802.11 standards, different types of backups, specs for CAT 5, and other stuff that needed to memorized).  I studied this  in my car before taking the exam from my notes)

I only missed about three questions on my entire MCSE path with the 90's adaptive testing.

Good luck. 

Edited by tekio