ThoughtPhreaker

CVS Pharmacy

11 posts in this topic

So earlier today, I happened to call a CVS Pharmacy, and out of sheer boredom, started hitting options that weren't listed on the IVR. As luck would have it, 8+xxx will transfer you to a three-digit extension in the store! The few constants I've noticed from a quick, cursory glance are 4xx go to IVR extensions, 500 prompts you to log in - presumably to voicemail, and the lower extensions seem to be for in-store stuff. 100 pretty consistently goes to a fax.

If you happen to have a "friendly" neighborhood CVS near you, be sure to give them a "friendly" phreak welcome :) .

Y'know...

That CVS on the corner is always pretty quiet.

And I have new cell phone service to try out... ;)

I found on one (but not all, unfortunately) that there was some sort of speakerphone in the high 79xes, I'm assuming for the pharmacy drive-through. Either way, it could definitely solve your quiet problem :D . There's also a bunch of other random stuff there too.

EDIT: 605 makes the IVR say "There are no calls in queue"

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker

Because of the mass 1A retirement AT&T is doing, I should probably just go out and say this; 795 from the IVR will pick up an outgoing line and dial 800-CALL-ATT. There's at least one CVS on a lot of those switches. The analog line bridging from those PBXes is actually pretty good.

If you're interested in the PBXes themselves, they're Vertical Instantoffice systems. A few searches turns up that they run some version of NT5. In most installations, since documentation is very hard to come by, they're more or less orphaned in place. Since they have so damn many of them though, I'm assuming CVS is the exception to this.

Extension 8793 transferred me to a different CVS's IVR. 8796 went to Sprint Long Distance with an IVR for support

Edited by kc9pke

EDIT: 605 makes the IVR say "There are no calls in queue"

Sounds like something the pharmacists dial to check and see if there's calls waiting. I've heard those words waiting for scripts at the CVS. Dialing 8605 for my local CVS gives the same response from the IVR, so I think that's a standard.

Sounds like something the pharmacists dial to check and see if there's calls waiting. I've heard those words waiting for scripts at the CVS. Dialing 8605 for my local CVS gives the same response from the IVR, so I think that's a standard.

It's weird - I've tried sitting on a hold queue before and dialing that on three-way and it's still said there's no calls. Here's the only queue ones I found:

405 - IVR, flu ad + MOH (photo queue)
406 - IVR, app ad + MOH (store manager queue)
409 - IVR, queue rec + MOH (eventually hangs up?)

Like you said though, it could specifically be for the pharmacy queue.

792, 793 and 794 all go to Avaya PBXes at CVS corporate offices. The dialplan is more or less uniform on all of them; they'll send the call out on a tie trunk if you dial something out of the office. 7999 will go to something on the Scottsdale PBX that prompts for an extension. This is useful for a couple reasons - the Modular Messaging VMB can be a little choosy about what it'll send or even let you hear before the call supes, and there's some stuff on the Scottsdale PBX that's only dialable from there. 46 and 47xx come to mind.

Also, depending on the store, sometimes these always go through correctly, so you'll get to hear the switch reject it. There's a lot of switches I've always wanted to dial from but never had the chance, so it can be sort of a consolation prize. In the case of 792 on this AXE-10, just kind of a shitty one; 512-288-5180. 794 on the Waynesboro 5ESS is a little nicer; 540-943-1246.

Maybe the queue is referring to a parked call queue.  Thus, without transferring to the correct extension to park the call, you won't be able to put it in the queue.

This thread made me wanna call a CVS as well, so I did just that. I spoofed the main number as my number and was placed inside some kind of VMB that wanted me to enter my password, no idea how their password system works.

If you dial extension 8411-8414 it will make the automated voice say "Lane ""1-4"" Most pharmacies dont have more than two lanes.  So if youre there waiting for a script, dial ext 8413 to hear the voice on the loudspeaker say "lane 3" and watch the employees confusion. its hilarious. 

8-788/9 = 411 directory assistance IVR, then operator