Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phonetrovert

360-800 exchange

9 posts in this topic

I am able to reach the 360-800 exchange at work, But not from home, very wierd.

0000,0001 and most of the numbers on this exchange play back an old sounding error message, with SIT tones that sound off tone and echo.

360 800 0030 rings for a long time and has alot of crosstalk.

At home I get a standard CBCAD.

telcodata says its the MCDANIEL TELEPHONE CO. in Salkum Wa, but the switch type is unknown. Can anyone record anything or get through? if not I'll try to remember on monday.

Weird. All I get is reorders via ORCHWA01DS0. Maybe your PBX is doing its own bizarre translations and is rerouting to some other numbers on a WATS exchange?

I also have to dial 11 digits else Pat starts bitching at me about needing to dial "1" first. It's even weirder than I have to dial "1" to reach Lewis County from Clark, and I thought was within my LATA. It certainly is in the part of the state that originally cut over to 360 in the mid 1990s.

Some cheap long distance carriers will re-originate traffic to some places - especially rural destinations. So if the switch ends the call with an SS7 cause code saying the number isn't in service, something other than the switch you call from will occasionally intercept it and do it's own thing. Sometimes the really cheap routes will superimpose their own fake ring over the connection until it thinks the call has answered - but not necessarily suped; sometimes there'll be something that'll wait for you to answer and say hello when they don't have access to something that conveys supervision. 

Some cheap long distance carriers will re-originate traffic to some places - especially rural destinations. So if the switch ends the call with an SS7 cause code saying the number isn't in service, something other than the switch you call from will occasionally intercept it and do it's own thing. Sometimes the really cheap routes will superimpose their own fake ring over the connection until it thinks the call has answered - but not necessarily suped; sometimes there'll be something that'll wait for you to answer and say hello when they don't have access to something that conveys supervision.

I'm going to record what I get at work Monday. If any of the above is happening, I think It's getting translated and bringing me to a different switch, but the errors I get are really old sounding (not to mention the SIT tones sound off key as well and echo out), and the ring has some cross talk.

Edit:

I'm not sure if the original CBCAD was accurate, but now I'm getting a 15 - 20 second pause, and a "We're sorry you're call cannot be completed at this time, Please try your call again later." message when attempting to call from my fios landline.

Also, another strange thing about this exchange is that it has a switch and a CLLI/telcodata entry associated with it. Even if I am getting translated to something else from the work PBX, would a whole exchange get decommisioned like that?

Edited by phonetrovert

Weird. All I get is reorders via ORCHWA01DS0. Maybe your PBX is doing its own bizarre translations and is rerouting to some other numbers on a WATS exchange?

I also have to dial 11 digits else Pat starts bitching at me about needing to dial "1" first. It's even weirder than I have to dial "1" to reach Lewis County from Clark, and I thought was within my LATA. It certainly is in the part of the state that originally cut over to 360 in the mid 1990s.

This really makes me think whatever Im getting is another switch somehow. I was figuring my issue in reaching this switch was verizon specific.

Edited by phonetrovert

I get to the exact same announcement machine at work as I do on t-mobile (sped up announcement, echoey SIT tones), But I tried the 0030 number and it didn't ring out, lending more credence to the possibility Im imagining the "cross-talk" and the ring is fake from my work PBX's route (no way to verify, as I never got it ringing again..).

UPDATE:

I got some lousy recordings of me calling 360-800-0000 same number 3 times, but when I tried calling the second time I randomly reached a VMB which I managed to reach only 1 other time calling a completely different number, 360-800-4030, but when I called it again I got the same error message as usual.

I seem to get the same error message (the one in the recording) on 360-800 from the work PBX as I do via my friend's t-mobile cellphone. On any of my verizon phones it goes silent for 15 seconds almost like it's getting tripped up, and I get a standard local CBCAD.

360800.ogg.zip

Edited by phonetrovert

Tried calling 360-800-0000 (via Vitelity) this evening. Answered on the first ring with hold music. 3 minutes in, and I was still hearing music. Called back and the music started from the beginning again. Just my 2¢ :-)

I just tried calling it from work yesterday, and every second call it appeared to put me on some kind of room monitor. No one spoke english, and one person greeted me with asalamaleichum and started speaking a language I dont understand..Didn't sound like arabic, but outside of that not sure. Not even sure about that.. I do know that's a wierd thing going on with my work VOIP provider.

It works from my house now (not the wierd room monitor thing at work, that must have something to do with VOIP, but I now get the same error message I get on other service providers!  For the longest time i wasn't getting that error message (the one I uploaded before) when I called from my home fios line, just a standard CBCAD message from my local switch, but it seems like they updated things based on my repeated attempts to connect with this exchange,, haha!

or it could be that I recently moved one floor up and am somehow connecting differently. No idea.. (more likely it's the latter case come to think of it)

Edited by phonetrovert