Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tekio

HTTP debugger for Linux?

6 posts in this topic

Anyone know of an HTTP testing/debugging app for Linux?  I know Wireshark can be used.... But I'm looking for something like Fiddler on Windows that can be used to send HTTP requests easily, and quickly. Easily copy/paste responses, scripting would be awesome, etc...

Free would nice, or affordable would be acceptable. Maybe a "plugin" for Wireshark? An add-on for Chrome or Firefox? A stand alone application?   Native Linux would be my first choice, but anything that will get the job done would work....

Thanks...

Are you looking for something like burpsuite or mitmproxy? Portswigger offers a free version of Burp, but has some limitations. It's extensible via plugins.

Alternatively, curl can work in a pinch and obviously great for scripting.

this guy, don't have any recommendations really, other than any sort of packet crafting/injection stuff would work in theory but doubt it would be as convenient as isn't really for that exact purpose, but giving some may have scripting capabilities, might be able to script up some stuff to make it work alright i guess?(as sort of a last resort)

I'm looking for something like this:

https://luckymarmot.com/paw

Not really a security testing application/proxy. But an "http debugger". Meaning a client that can quickly send HTTP requests and see responses with headers in an easily copy and pasted format.

Curl could work. But I really need a GUI. These are common on OSX for web developers. Basically to test HTTP responses and requests quickly for developing HTTP applications with stuff like Curl.

Right now I'm using Fiddler in a Windows V.M.  I've tried Mono Fiddler, but Mono is quite hit and miss with results ranging from awkward to use because the widgets are small - to just crashing. LoL

Edited by tekio

Ah, I see. Burp can be used as a client (the repeater tab), although it's not well suited to it. It's best if you have a client that already generates requests and use burp to proxy then modify requests. It does have the advantage that it will let you perform a multitude of security testing against the web service.

You could try soapui. I've used it a little on Linux and despite it's name, it supports REST web services. It may be a little less slick than paw though (just judging from the screenshots).

I'll check that out. Thanks!