ThoughtPhreaker

Nightly conference

38 posts in this topic

So I think I found a bridge that should work great; 510-940-0102. It's a ringout like all the rest, in an urban area so least cost routing won't be an issue, unused, and isn't going through any extra garbage. Barring any problems, this should be the last change.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/07/2017 at 5:22 PM, ThoughtPhreaker said:

So I think I found a bridge that should work great; 510-940-0102. It's a ringout like all the rest, in an urban area so least cost routing won't be an issue, unused, and isn't going through any extra garbage. Barring any problems, this should be the last change.

Is this still going on, would love to talk again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone Still using this ???  Is it still Up ???

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/06/2017 at 11:29 AM, Majest|c said:

Anyone Still using this ???  Is it still Up ???

 

Yes Indeed!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway to SIP onto this badboy?  Mpower doesn't have an easily found Sipbroker code, maybe a inum or sip address?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The preferable way to dial in is by using a telephone line from your local telephone company.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)



On 11/12/2017 at 0:02 AM, ryar said:




Anyway to SIP onto this badboy?  Mpower doesn't have an easily found Sipbroker code, maybe a inum or sip address?






Go to https://www.ckts.info sign up there, ask on the mailing list how to connect via direct SIP, then dial to a bridge number for the PSTN, then dial to the bridge.
---OR---
SIP to Project MF ( http://projectmf.org/intro.html ), use a bluebox to dial KP-2602-ST and dial into the bridge

Edited by scratchytcarrier
fixed broken Project-MF link
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently you can also do KP-NPA-xxx-yyyy-ST to outdial to the PSTN from Project MF.

(God, how many decades since I've last talked about actually boxing a call?)

Reading through that list it's amazing how much "improvement" it could use. For example, I should send them some of my intercept recordings I've collected over the years to put on their own codes. There's also a very good DOS program, "Phreakmaster", that doesn't need NET framework at all though these days it would require somethinglike DOS Box; that could go in the description of software blue boxes.

// not actually complaining there, but...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

46 minutes ago, scratchytcarrier said:

Apparently you can also do KP-NPA-xxx-yyyy-ST to outdial to the PSTN from Project MF.

(God, how many decades since I've last talked about actually boxing a call?)

Reading through that list it's amazing how much "improvement" it could use. For example, I should send them some of my intercept recordings I've collected over the years to put on their own codes. There's also a very good DOS program, "Phreakmaster", that doesn't need NET framework at all though these days it would require somethinglike DOS Box; that could go in the description of software blue boxes.

// not actually complaining there, but...

I talked on the conference line to Don (the guy who runs the asterisk box,) the website can't be updated. He doesn't have access to it to make changes to it.

Edited by SunnyShiki
clarification
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2018 at 7:43 AM, SunnyShiki said:

 

 


Go to https://www.ckts.info sign up there, ask on the mailing list how to connect via direct SIP, then dial to a bridge number for the PSTN, then dial to the bridge.
---OR---
SIP to Project MF ( http://projectmf.org/intro.html ), use a bluebox to dial KP-2602-ST and dial into the bridge

 

 

 

Wouldn't recommend those ways to reach the conf for a long time...it costs the people on CNET money.

 

W/o their permission it is, truthfully, toll fraud.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2018 at 10:51 PM, gewt said:

 

Wouldn't recommend those ways to reach the conf for a long time...it costs the people on CNET money.

 

W/o their permission it is, truthfully, toll fraud.

True, but if they want a method that doesn't cost someone else money, they could buy an ATA, and get an SIP provider that allows outdialing to the PSTN.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, you need to start posting conf number changes in here since there's no more IRC...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now