ThoughtPhreaker

Nightly conference

31 posts in this topic

There's been a conference that's consistently been going on every day at 10 PM Eastern. If you're bored, drop by :) . 631-788-0001, xt. BINREv

nevermind...

Edited by nyphonejacks

I need to start calling into this thing more regularly. Thanks for the reminder, TP!

Is this still an ongoing thing?

Damn right :) . Though it has been losing a little momentum to be honest. It's hard finding a time everybody can agree on to conf, what with all the different schedules going on.

So I think tonight, we're going to change the number over to 503-416-1155. We've had complaints from some of the users of cheaper carriers about their calls repeatedly being blocked, or hitting crappy routes because of the high termination fees. This one is a DMS-100 MMCONF. Er, ringout bridge. All of the above, really.

Really cool chat last night!

So at the request of one of the regulars, we moved the conference back to nine Eastern.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker

So at the request of one of the regulars, we moved the conference back to nine Eastern.

Couldn't that just be like pregame or something??

Sounds good ill try to hop on this week... also ic0n, i ended up picking up two 3 slot payphones recently.

So same number, but it's been changed to ten Eastern again. Hopefully, this'll be the last change for a while.

...and if you think my volume level was terrible, you should see the condition of the fone whose earpiece I was yelling into is in.

EDIT: think I'll pin this thread so it doesn't get buried and lost!

Is this still going on?

Nice! I'll see if I can dial in sometime soon!

Edited by Ru1722

Also, is it still 10 pm Eastern?

Was going to say -- is it still 10PM @ 503-416-1155 these days? I might jump on this weekend if I'm still awake, if anyone's up for tales from the retail front :)

3 hours ago, kotaKat said:

Was going to say -- is it still 10PM @ 503-416-1155 these days? I might jump on this weekend if I'm still awake, if anyone's up for tales from the retail front :)

Yup! Still going strong. I might be on myself at some point this weekend... I have some things to bounce off people and such.

I think someone's noticed us.

Conf number now gets a CBCAD from the Portland switch.

Posted (edited)

Yup; I guess when you're pushing 1000/+ minutes a night into a test bridge, somebody will eventually notice. I'll have to make sure, but it sounds like everybody is okay using this bridge as a replacement: 503-275-0003.

EDIT: One thing I found quite funny is they seem to have moved the entire test block - even the milliwatts! It's definitely still terminating to that switch; just no more test block.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker

Posted (edited)

Would be cool to drop by, if not at 5AM my time... also what is that number? how do you join?

Edited by Kulverstukas

Well, I'm stupid; that bridge only supports two callers. 206-315-9999 is going to be the number for tonight, but we'll probably choose another permanent number since this one proxies the call to the DMS via a Sonus. Something about how it's set up incurs latency.