V.S.O.P

Remote call forwarding/divert

5 posts in this topic

This might sound noobish!.....

...but is it possible to remote forward a landline or any other telephone (be it a cell phone line) to another line of one's chosing without:

(1) having physical access to the phone? with physical access we know you can do *72 or *62 (whatever that code is. used for call forwarding)

(2) calling the service provider (the telephone company) to do it from their end.

So in essence, I want to be able to pick a number and have that number forward all calls to it to a number of my choosing.

I've heard rumours that this is somehow possible and that some people are doing it.

FYI: I'm not looking for vanity/local numbers or toll free number (there are abundant sellers for those online, I'm aware).

So I'm not looking for buy a number I can use to forward calls.

I'm looking to be able to forward of existing numbers to a line of my choosing.

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.

I used to do this to people's landlines by calling RCMAC or MLAC and impersonating a field tech, but that was back in the 90's.

I'm not sure how hard that would be now, and getting a cellco to remotly forward someone's number for a legitimate reason probably wouldn't be easy.

legitimately.... if the subscriber had call forward ultra feature added on their line.

I believe the first time this is set up needs to be done from the BTN

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/phone/homephone/calling+features/ultra+forward-call+ability/questions+and+answers/96598.htm

EDIT:

Yea.. repair does not like to forward lines unless the commitment is a day or two away.. and they will run a line test on the line... 

Edited by nyphonejacks

That's why you don't use repair, with mlac it can be added right away and for a set amount of time, just say you're replacing the heat coil.

V.S.O.P

You have two approaches to call forwarding without physical access to a line.

Remote Activated Call Forwarding. You would first have to find out the access number. Than you would call that and enter the number and pin code. Of course you would have to know the pin code to be able to use this approach.

The second way is to social engineer your call forwarding through a department like one above. Depending on the phone company will depend on how you have to social engineer the call forwarding. You could try acting like a repair person or a customer but as a customer a lot of times a pin code might be needed or CPNI might be verified.

f0ner00t

aka burntkid