Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dialtone

A weird noise...

5 posts in this topic

Here is a weird noise I came across on a mini scan I started... the systems are most likely very old because of where these are situated in the world. The other audio clip is of a strange engaged type ring... but I don't think it was engaged... maybe not in use... this was the only engaged noise I got that gave a tuneful noise like this. 

Have a listen and tell me what ya's think.

call_17-24-17_OUT_03300010256.mp3

call_17-25-39_OUT_03300010256.mp3

The second one sounds like some sort of packet loss concealment algorithm used on a voip route; you may want to pick a different route to call it with. If you give me the number, I can try it.

Just called it again and it is no longer that sound... its the engaged type ring. I'll send you the number still though. Most likely what I was calling from (mobile with calling card for international).

Edited by Dialtone

I notice a 1 short tone followed by 5 groups of 4 tones on both calls if I heard correctly..

If my ear doesn't deceive me they sound like 420-450hz (I dont have the best ear and I tried comparing it to some tone generators output so I could be way off..)

There are a bunch of ringtones and busy signals which might be possible fits listed under "Standard Ringing tones" check page 15 and 53 off hand, in Human Factors (HF); European harmonization of network generated tones; Part 2: Listing and analysis of European, World and Standardized tones TR 101 041-2 V1.1.1 (1997-05)( Look at it here http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_tr/101000_101099/10104102/01.01.01_60/tr_10104102v010101p.pdf)

Maybe what you recorded is a ringing tone, or busy tone of some sort ?

Edited by phonetrovert