Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whixrr

Voice Mail

5 posts in this topic

I was calling my friend (locally) and I was whistling and then I heard, "Please Enter Password" I am thinking that i must have whistled the one of the DTMF frequencies for the asterisk key. (The key that asks for remote operation)  Any thoughts?

Edited by whixrr

I dunno if I've ever heard of that happening with just a single frequency, but I've seen stuff like that happen. DMS-100s are pretty good at mistaking peoples' voices for digits. Out of curiosity, was it an Anypath voicemail? With the exception of Glenayre, the rest of these are mostly PBX or public wireline specific so you can skip most of them. If it's neither, I can probably identify it for you if you record the voice prompts.

Anyway, Jman found out that some voicemail systems will react to the fax presence tone (1100 hz). Some like to forward you somewhere else, like to a fax, or hang up on you.

Thanks allot for posting, I will try to record something for you soon. Also, i will be experimenting with the fax presence tone. 

I just now noticed that I couldn't have whistled one of the asterisk DTMF tones as the tones are in a grid formation and multiple tones use that frequency + another. 

I am going to make TRS-80 model 100 software that plays different single-tone phreaking frequencies. (2600hz,1100hz etc) If you know any more single tone frequencies, please make a new thread/reply.