Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scratchytcarrier

What's the deal with Phrack?

5 posts in this topic

I see that Phrack hasn't put out an issue since about June of 2012 and the new "paper feed" thing on phrack.org hasn't been updated since last May. Does this mean the project is effectively dead and the existing site is now just an archive? Granted most of the articles in the last 15 years or so have been way over my head (and for the most part, pretty dry and academic) but I always have enjoyed the commentaries, profiles, letter section and the Phrack World News.

Maybe they'll do something special this year, for its 30th anniversary.

EDIT:

This guy has done a really good job of collecting all the issues over the years: http://mistman.pdp10.org/pub/phrack/

Apparently he also contributed some of the newer issues to Jason Scott's site.

Seems like everything is going slow currently. I guess it's a whole generation having moved into jobs that take up their time, or just out of hacking?

Maybe. Guess it's up to us "old folks" to pick up the slack, then. Think Binrev might be willing and able to take over publication and logistics of it?

I can tell some of the AT$T docs Thoughtphreaker posted recently would make excellent fodder for an "old-skool revival" run of Phrack.

Don't know -- I've been wanting to at least start doing HPR episodes myself, but I can't find consistent free time to do something regularly. Certainly worth trying to contact the Phrack guys and seeing what their current plans are.