Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twirlz

ripping streaming audio

15 posts in this topic

how do i download streaming audio without some crazy setup of taping my mic to the speakers. is there a progy that does that?

Thanks

Personally I use Total recorder and it works very well for getting most things. I am sure there are some free ones but I was in a hurry when I got this.

so how do these work? do i need to stream them while these programs work or will it download them and i can then play it off line with out streaming them?

ummmm new they work by..... new avatar can't think maybe reply later

ummmm new they work by..... new avatar can't think maybe reply later

damn my avatars!!! i can't get any answers with them!!!

ya, i was going to answer the question, but then i saw your avatar, and forgot what the question was.

:roll::wacko: :omfg: o um theres a plugin for winamp 3 that does that too...*stares at avatar again*

ERROR!

Muahahahaha! Yeald, For I am immune to your avatar magic’s!

Doesn’t wget do it? It handles http connections just file, couldn’t it be used to handle this sort of situation?

so how do these work? do i need to stream them while these programs work or will it download them and i can then play it off line with out streaming them?

with cool edit, or any sound recoder, all you have to do is press record and it will record what ever is playing. I do this sometimes, so i can cut the songs i like out and just listen to those.

Hey Twirlz,

Is that a complete movie that you're using as an avatar?

:wub:

It's great!

hah i forgot total recorder was not free, thats what i use and its cool, but that tripped me about about the whole not free thing i cant remember when i bought software, what about yall, and that avatars the best thing since internet pRon

raven

What streaming media? If its pre-recorded MP3 streams (Think MP3.com) you can download the .m3u file and open it in a text editor and there will be a URL, pop that into your browser as you will start downloading the file that would have been streamed.

Edit:

Aslo obfuscated mentioned using cool edit pro, if you use this method goto the sound mixer and mute all sources except 'Wave' as the other sources like line input and mic will pick-up noise and add it to the recording as cool edit pro samples the output of the soundcard.

Also disable windows sounds too.

Edited by ricstr

cool now to get a "legal" copy of cool edit

Thanks

and now more avatar!!!