Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Computertrendy

Mydoom e-mails...

13 posts in this topic

I don't know about you guys but I'm getting pretty damn tired a of all these frickin Mydoom e-mails coming in my inbox. What are we gonna do about this?

I think that in the beginning I might have infected myself with the virus so, I hope a security update or something comes out because, the last thing I need is a frickin' virus.

A *REAL* answer:

Basically, this has to be filtered at the server. If you are running a server, most places have a patch out to filter it out. If they run an antivirus gateway, that should also pick it up.

On the client end, there isn't a whole lot you can do except filter locally by the known subject lines and they are pretty generic (intentionally) so you might also filter out legitimate email.

I don't know about you guys but I'm getting pretty damn tired a of all these frickin Mydoom e-mails coming in my inbox. What are we gonna do about this?

I think that in the beginning I might have infected myself with the virus so, I hope a security update or something comes out because, the last thing I need is a frickin' virus.

just leave it on your computer and help Sco realize the error of it's ways. j/k :D

just leave it on your computer and help Sco realize the error of it's ways. j/k :D

i know you're kidding, but it is not only a DOS zombie, but a remote access trojan.

I am getting sick of these emails as well i get a shit load to my email account each day and there all easy to identify. come on write a real virus that will look more authentic

I am getting sick of these emails as well i get a shit load to my email account each day and there all easy to identify. come on write a real virus that will look more authentic

better yet, one with an actual exploit. (question... is human stupidity an exploit?)

(question... is human stupidity an exploit?)

nah id have to say more of a social/physical/mental advantage to the other 10% of us in the world that are ┬┐smart? not sure if smarts the right word here

My host's servers were flooded with over 60,000 e-mails in the first 5 minutes of an apparent attack by some assholes. Then they started to ping the servers to death so they decided to shut everything down until the attack stopped... Lasted for just over 24 hours... :pissed:

Not to mention I get 50-60 infected emails a day.

Use a regex to filter the errors into a folder for later inspection, and use a text based email reader in your linux shell and your safe..

A *REAL* answer:

Basically, this has to be filtered at the server. If you are running a server, most places have a patch out to filter it out. If they run an antivirus gateway, that should also pick it up.

On the client end, there isn't a whole lot you can do except filter locally by the known subject lines and they are pretty generic (intentionally) so you might also filter out legitimate email.

yeah people, don't just say "I use linux so la-di-da." it's not only pretentious and annoying, but completly off the topic and has nothing to do with the question.