d3crypt

Some numbers (new)

368 posts in this topic

The voices are definitely different. The ANAC sounds Pat Fleet-ish, but I don't think it's her. The 800-555 sounds kind of like the standard recording for the area here, but I can't be confident in that.

I'll be at home all day tomorrow, so I'll try to get some recordings early. They'll be rough, because I have no in-line recording equipment, but I'll do my best!

Also, I'm going to listen to that Evan Doorbell PSR tape, see if my switch is anything like the DMS-10 in there.

412-256-8998 - Error 728.  Count not transfer to the application URL.

412-256-8998 - Error 728.  Count not transfer to the application URL.

Ok, i want to know why that happens...

800-877-3542 - Older IVR of some kind. JCSwishMan33 and Ramsaso helped narrow down that it belongs to some large gas company. Listen to those crunchy recordings! Oh, also there's hidden options. The golden rule seems to be * goes back, and #/0 will hang up.

So to get this topic rolling again...

252-964-9248 - CO test phone in middle of nowhere office, rings out to AP VMB
402-544-5001 - Windows 9x chime + busy signal via Avaya PBX

888-999-0112 - Windstream Service Delivery Hotline

415-381-0003 - Weird buzzy thingie

510-524-0000 - "You have reached the route verification for Albany 11 DMS. Codes 524, 525, 526, 527, 528, 558, and 559."

510-643-0004 - Thingie on POTS line, answers with *298 in DTMF + Room monitor? Street noise audible + power hum, heavy noise gating. Responds to DTMF

252-964-9248 - CO test phone in middle of nowhere office, rings out to AP VMB

402-544-5001 - Windows 9x chime + busy signal via Avaya PBX

888-999-0112 - Windstream Service Delivery Hotline

415-381-0003 - Weird buzzy thingie

510-524-0000 - "You have reached the route verification for Albany 11 DMS. Codes 524, 525, 526, 527, 528, 558, and 559."

510-643-0004 - Thingie on POTS line, answers with *298 in DTMF + Room monitor? Street noise audible + power hum, heavy noise gating. Responds to DTMF

What is route verification? Also you are the king of finding juicy numbers.

Edited by d3crypt

"Responds" seems like a strong statement. From what I can hear, you get an occasional echoback of your DTMF. Then there's a random, loud and rapid DTMF of 55555 back at you. I thought there was a pattern to how many DTMFs it took to get that response, but there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it.

Also you are the king of finding juicy numbers.

More like the king of having too much spare time :) . Seriously, most of these are found by following simple patterns. Take for example, this;

http://datavision.coop/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Voice-mail-GTC-.pdf

So the published voicemail number for this independent telco is 503-792-1071. The voice is a tipoff that it's an Innovative Systems AP or APMax, which has about a hundred different features you can license for it. Sadly, this costs money, so you won't find them all on like, every single exchange. In this case though, 1072 is the conference feature for the AP. If you want to use it by the way, it'll accept any five digit conference number. When you're dealing with small independent telcos, remote call forwarding numbers are also a good thing to check for. If you want to just dive right into a range, 99xx, 00xx, 90xx and 91xx will occasionally have good stuff.

As a general rule, larger telcos don't tend to put voicemail numbers next to internal stuff, but 99xx and 00xx are definitely still valid places to look almost anywhere.

"Responds" seems like a strong statement.

Yeah, I dunno what's going on with this thing. It'll definitely just hang up if you don't press any buttons, though. For me, it pretty consistently responded with 5555 after giving it 12345. After entering that once, though, it would start waiting for more digits. Like, 123456 would respond with a single 2. Afer that, it would go back to doing it's 5555 thing.

Allied Industries Conference Service 631-788-0001, any 5 digits will do.

I have a couple of carriers and unidentified numbers, I have to look them up in my collection, check if they're still up and I will post them as well.

Edited by j3rky

Sorry for the lack of activity from me... Beginning of the year catch-up at the office, and the wife starting a new work-from-home job.

Speaking of... She needs to have a POTS line for her job, so that's interesting. While I won't be able to use her line for my purposes, I should finally get a contact to get info on getting a line for myself... Hopefully they could run another line into the house.

There's something fishy about that number ;)

There's something fishy about that number ;)

Fishy as in it belongs to a fish company? or... ??? :o lol..

What do you think it might be? Really curious..

**Edit:

LOL Im slow, https://api.opencnam.com/v2/phone/+16317880001(FISHERS IS NY) hhahaha

218-488-0001

One of the wierder error messages I've encountered. "Ask your mother for assistance", 1 up from the one listed on phworld.org a while back that's no longer up.

Edited by j3rky

Can I (or someone) delete this post?

Edit I'll make lemonade out of shit:

800-666-0023 silent termination

Milliwatts:

212-666-9959

212-666-9960

212-666-9963

212-666-9968

Switch Message

212-666-9902

Edited by j3rky

Can I (or someone) delete this post?

What for? Its a good, productive post.

Thats true it is an excellent post, Never mind deleting it, let everyone enjoy that post and this one as well.

212-924-9968 WTF is this? Any ideas? It's been a mystery for me.

Test numbers:

212-787-9960

212-787-9963

212-787-9968

Stats for this thread when the phreak forum was loaded for me B) Next coincident in 30,000 views.

Edited by j3rky

I think that's one of those transmission test thingies. If you press touchtones, you can get it to respond with noise or, well, other tones. 0 will make it hang up, though.

I think that's one of those transmission test thingies. If you press touchtones, you can get it to respond with noise or, well, other tones. 0 will make it hang up, though.

Oh that's pretty cool then! Thanks for the info.

212-787-9956

212-968-9999

646-674-9999

718-852-0009

Anyone know what this is? Test number? Carrier? Fax machine?

* Edit:

Dialing the Bell Atlantic numbers with pulse dialing apparently works ,The last time I tried with a different phone (same line) it did not work so that's an oddity to note, which could have been due the other phone not working correctly, or the update of FIOS from 5ess to CS-2000s ThoughtPhreaker was telling me about.

One question to anyone who bothers listening and might know, the # key DTMF'd at the end of the second message in the recording is the AIS recording thing not cutting that off of the guy's recording (noise before the proper frequencies are registered from the # key), or would it be some sort of in band DTMF signalling?

bellAtlanticTelcoMessages.mp3

Edited by j3rky

218-488 is the famous Wawina,Minnisota. I know the co-owner of that phone company. The owner always liked to inject his humor into his phone system, "ask your mother" originated in the 90's, later, he hired pat fleet to say it. I think they might still have a step switch in the CO, they just never removed it. I'll have to ask.

It would appear that currently Wawina's on a MDX384. If they still have thast step, I wonder if there's any way to hit it directly from the PSTN...

There's a loop in 218-488-9108/9 (miliwatts, then cuts in with a nice burst of ST when the other side comes on) and a supervision test that I don't think really does much these days. It's awesome that he left some of the old test lines up, like a "living museum" of sorts. (Is he actually doing it with that intention?)

What was Wawina's CLLI before T-carrier?

EDIT: It doesn't appear that the Wawina loop supes, at least not in miliwatt tone mode. This was using the switchhook-flash test. If my other line was working I would call into it and test it in voice mode.

* Edit:

Dialing the Bell Atlantic numbers with pulse dialing apparently works ,The last time I tried with a different phone (same line) it did not work so that's an oddity to note, which could have been due the other phone not working correctly, or the update of FIOS from 5ess to CS-2000s ThoughtPhreaker was telling me about.

To clarify on this: Didn't mean to imply that I can dial the Bell Atlantic numbers exclusively, but that pulse dialing,in general, on my line works.

I would edit the post, but my account seems to be banned or stuck in limbo after attempting to change the email address.

218-488 is the famous Wawina,Minnisota. I know the co-owner of that phone company. The owner always liked to inject his humor into his phone system, "ask your mother" originated in the 90's, later, he hired pat fleet to say it. I think they might still have a step switch in the CO, they just never removed it. I'll have to ask.

Wow,  thanks for the additional information. The owner of that telco sounds like a real cool dude, haha, when I first heard the recording I had to wonder if someone got into the phrase admin system or something. Real contrast from the soviet like Bellcos

Any takers on 718-852-0009?

Edited by j4rky

Elcotel(?) payphone with number readback, alarms, and cash amount after carrier so stay on the line and wait for it to end.

908-754-9432

Edited by j4rky

408-752-8052 - TellMe-like service.  I think this is old news but I wasn't aware of this number.

It would appear that currently Wawina's on a MDX384. If they still have thast step, I wonder if there's any way to hit it directly from the PSTN...

There's a loop in 218-488-9108/9 (miliwatts, then cuts in with a nice burst of ST when the other side comes on) and a supervision test that I don't think really does much these days. It's awesome that he left some of the old test lines up, like a "living museum" of sorts. (Is he actually doing it with that intention?)

What was Wawina's CLLI before T-carrier?

I don't think the CLLI changed.  The last two letters (DS0, PS0, CG0, MG0, etc) have to do with the switching equipment, not the carrier equipment.  The switch was a Redcom MDX384 during the N2 and after the cutover to T1.

The transmission quality on the Wawina N2 was great up until the very end when they started to run T carrier on the came cable and the T carrier noise bled through to the N2 channels and made things loud and hissy.  You can hear that on the recordings of the message board on the Phone World website, or at 218-488-2600.  I'm so glad that Bob and Shane encouraged people to play with the system and set up the message board.  Talk about a perfect, surreal ending!

I'm actually listening to the Wawina voicemail series now... Wow. Some awfully impressive stuff, and makes me wish I would've picked this stuff up back in the early 90's when I was a bored teen. Heh.

Lots of BinRev mentions, which is awesome.

And I'd like to think I wasn't the only one laughing at the people trying to whistle / play whatever it off, going, "too high, too low, too soft"... Heh.

Sorry for the quasi off-topic. Carry on.