d3crypt

Some numbers (new)

372 posts in this topic

So i saw the some numbers post has losts of old non-working numbers. Lets start a new one.

*   Numbers           *

1 (630) 485-2995   -This is Project MF, a simulation of sf/mf signalling with cool extensions to call.

1 (206) 203-6610   - Cnet Phone network inbound portal. Has cool switches to call on it, plus an ACTS test

1 (818) 506-9335   - A payphone at a gas station.

*        End              *

Edited by d3crypt

Ok then if you want to start a new one...

Numbers

+1 (713) 630-0222  -Weatherline and Time/Temperature(Sponsored by KPRC Local 2)

+1 (713) 844-8100/8101 - Time and Temp. (Asterisk ; no sponsors)

Care to add more, anyone?

I was just talking to my boy RPM about doing something like this.

I have a few numbers I will edit this post and add shortly.

The GTE conf bridge in Terre Haute, IN that Thoughtphreaker mentioned in another thread (EAX): +1 812 462 9297

KVUO ASOS (5E): +1 360 696 1280 (if you hang up then call back immediately, you get a carrier tone)

VANCWA01DS0 miliwatt (5E): +1 360 696 1000

Red Robin corporate PBX/employee VMB (5E): +1 303 846 6000 (0, then *)

Edited by scratchytcarrier

do you know what the password and mailbox id's are for red robin? :P

Also what does the GTE conf bridge do exactly?

The GTE conf bridge in Terre Haute, IN that Thoughtphreaker mentioned (EAX): +1 812 462 9297
KVUO ASOS (5E): +1 360 696 1280 (if you hang up then call back immediately, you get a carrier tone)
VANCWA01DS0 miliwatt (5E): +1 360 696 1000
Red Robin corporate PBX/employee VMB (5E): +1 303 846 6000 (0, then *)

Edited by d3crypt

do you know what the password and mailbox id's are for red robin?

They're pretty predictable. What's the first and most obvious combination most would try by default?

Also what does the GTE conf bridge do exactly?

It's a trunk bridge. A phone company test line that functions as a party line effectively. You call into it and get silent termination (EDIT: not always, some fill the line with continuous ringouts until somebody else calls.). If somebody else is sitting on it, you can talk to them. These were really, really common in the days of Ma Bell and phreaks often would use them to talk shop with other phreaks.

If I recall correctly, this one also supes.

Here's some random stuff:

800-877-1645 - Weird IVR
412-223-0000 - rec, "This file is reserved for Core Tel internal use. Thank you."
770-528-0010 - rec, "We're sorry, storm damage in this area has blocked your call. Emergency calls may be placed through your operator."
770-528-0028 - rec, "We're sorry, touch-star service cannot be used to call this number, trace this number, or enter this number on your list."
541-384-0126 - Ringout to VMB, "This is the TDS Telecom Condon, Oregon Calnet line. Please leave a message."
775-825-0036 - Thingie on POTS line w/weirdly edited together Pat Fleet prompt, "Enter access code"
206-367-0020 - rec, "You have reached the Emerson 5ESS office. The CLLI is STTLWA04DS0."
866-826-4867, extension 6904 - Room monitor at a college with a strange Ericsson PBX. Some nights, you'll hear music and drunk people nearby.
845-425-9929 - rec, "You are calling a number on your partyline. Please hang up and wait for the phone to stop ringing. Then pick up and your party will be there."
603-296-9120 - Phrase administration IVR (ETC Digicept or similar AIS)

If I recall correctly, this one also supes.

I think the only bridge I've ever heard not supe was a loop on a DMS-10 in Iowa. Unfortunately, it was also limited to thirty second or so before it'd mute you. I'll see if I can dig it up sometime.

EDIT: The Metaswitch voicemail for the TDS Calnet thingie was replaced by an Innovative Systems AP for some reason, and currently has no greeting. So to make up for that, 541-384-0101 is one of those weird EWSD milliwatts that accepts DTMF when the tone goes away.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker

Damn what a post! Those are some cool numbers. How do you find them? Wardialing?

Here's some random stuff:

800-877-1645 - Weird IVR
*snip*
the tone goes away.

***Moderator edited quoteblock for brevity***

Glad you enjoy it :) . It was just regular handscanning. Knowing where to look saves you loads of trouble, and gives you better results then wardialing does unless you have something very specific in mind. I've had a lot more time for that sort of thing recently, so there was a bunch of stuff piling up. I just picked out what I thought was the best of it.

Here's some textfiles that go over the basics of how handscanning works if you're not familiar;

http://oldskoolphreak.com/tfiles/phreak/ex_scan.txt

http://oldskoolphreak.com/tfiles/phreak/espt2.txt

I'm also a little surprised TDS replaced the Metaswitch voicemail system there. They're not that old, and it's not like the manufacturer went bankrupt or anything. The default prompts (which nobody ever changes for some reason) don't exactly sound pleasant though, so it's definitely not unwelcome. Here's what one sounds like; 608-663-0104 .

Nice find! I'll definitely have to keep my eye open for stuff that uses hunt groups to hide things.

+1 360 696 9914 (5E) - rings once then goes to ~1255 Hz tone

+1 214 586 0999 (switch type unknown) - repeats "Welcome" three times before saying "Goodbye"; responds to DTMF 4 with "That option is not valid, please try again".

+1 712 432 4211 (switch type unknown) - silent terminates (open trunk? Doesn't appear talkable)

+1 712 432 4214 - "The Scanner Line" (cool)

+1 712 432 4219 - some sort of self-service (?) conference system

"You are calling a number on your partyline. Please hang up and wait for the phone to stop ringing. Then pick up and your party will be there."

Ooh, there's a golden oldie. From the rattling noise in the background I gather he must have recorded that in some kind of mechanical office.

866-826-4867, extension 6904 - Room monitor at a college with a strange Ericsson PBX. Some nights, you'll hear music and drunk people nearby.

Heh, love it! Got it up right now. Big Brother is watc^H^H^H^Hlistening to YOU! (Some nice call progress tones on there, too.)

206-367-0020 - rec, "You have reached the Emerson 5ESS office. The CLLI is STTLWA04DS0."

Hmm... depending who you ask, I may or may not have been serviced out of that particular office lots of moons ago... ;o)

Here's what one sounds like; 608-663-0104.

She kind of sounds like that "Cornbreath" lady who started doing intercept recordings in the '70s. Edited by scratchytcarrier

May be a dumb question, but do you need a POTS line to really get at these, or are they doable off of cell / GV / the phone service I get through Time Warner?

..... Well, it's sad you don't have POTS but 

a majority of these numbers can be dialed from VoIP (in this case, TWC, may god curse you(TWC) for high prices) and cellular.

EXCEPT for the ones requiring 10-10 numbers. 

..... Well, it's sad you don't have POTS but 

a majority of these numbers can be dialed from VoIP (in this case, TWC, may god curse you(TWC) for high prices) and cellular.

EXCEPT for the ones requiring 10-10 numbers.

Heh. Yeah, I hear ya with the price gouging... But it's good to know that I can still have a little fun with the phone despite my lack of POTS.

Speaking of... Can I ask how people still have POTS? And damnit, if I want it, how can I get it?

Can I ask how people still have POTS? And damnit, if I want it, how can I get it?

Well, for me, I have POTS mainly because I'm on lifeline service and I have a discount on it (thanks to Southwestern Bell, and yes I know it's now called "AT&T"). 

You're still able to get it IF you're willing to pay the price. For anyone in Texas (where I'm situated at), SWBT charges $11 in their dumb taxes and fees (they made the USF fee higher than it's U-Verse counterpart)

Just ask your telephone company or ILEC or "CLEC" to initiate service.

(PS: This is the first time I've seen anyone wanting POTS. No offence meant.)

I have a phone line over cable, but I have a pots line left in the back of my house. Sometimes I use the pots line (not paid for hehe. Guess they don't deactivate them on my switch.). My local switch is a DMS-100. Does anyone know any cool stuff you can do with a DMS-100?

Thanks for the little tidbits, y'all. I may just have to plug my phone into the wall socket and see if there's some life. Heh.

Anyway, to help steer things back on the rails... How do you folks find these numbers? I'd be sincerely interested to see if anything fun is dialable in my local area to start, but I wouldn't even know where to begin. Any pointers / starter tips?

Speaking of... Can I ask how people still have POTS? And damnit, if I want it, how can I get it?

Well, the phone company legally has to offer it. Sometimes more because they have to then because they want to, but more (imho) for regulatory reasons then technology ones. Given the huge fight between telcos and much of the world over Title II broadband, I'm hoping some of the incumbent LECs can be pushed a little more towards the because they want to side.

As for how I have POTS personally, it's mostly because of how unique the switching network is. There's few other things out there that can seem so plain on the surface, but so strange and filled with quirks the further you look at it. POTS in and of itself just happens to be the most reasonable balance between performance and price you can get. There's more attractive connectivity out there to the same switches like BRIs or T1s, but almost never for a similar price.

Getting it is pretty easy. If you call your incumbent LEC (AT&T, Verizon, Centurylink, Frontier, etc. - descendants of Baby Bells, GTE, cooperative phone companies) and ask for it, they'll usually just give it to you.

Does anyone know any cool stuff you can do with a DMS-100?

There's a couple things that come to mind. You can prevent whoever you call from flashing by, well, flashing if they're on the same switch. I haven't tried this on anything other than analog lines, but it's fairly common to see IVRs on just that in centrex arrangements, so they'd be an ideal target for something like this. The procedure is a little different (you have to flash back fairly quickly), but you can definitely do this against your switch's ANAC as well. Not especially useful for fooling anything, but it's fun anyway.

anac_holdup.wav

Also, you can occasionally bypass the switch's restriction on 0xx exchanges by putting a CAC in front of it. This is a little hit and miss - only some DMS-100s do it, but it definitely loosens up the restrictions on what you can originate. For that reason, it definitely something that needs a little more exploration. The DMS I was served out of in Virginia even put through nine digit phone numbers with this trick. Sadly, the long distance tandems don't seem to appreciate that as much as 0xx destinations, so nothing ever came of that.

The DMS-100 is kind of a weird switch sometimes. If you start putting it in unusual situations, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if you came across more stuff like that.

Any pointers / starter tips?

Those textfiles I linked d3crypt to are a good start. There's people around here that can give a lot better answers for Ohio, but since I've never heard anyone mention this particular number, I'll give you what little I know; 440-333-9884.

Knowing how AT&T likes to organize their stuff in Ohio, I'm going to say there's probably not many interesting things around it, but I found that particular number using this; https://ebiznet.att.com/testline/ . It's one number off from the milliwatt for 440-333. A lot of AT&T Ohio switches will have a variant of this recording on -9884.

This lookup site is good for a lot of ex-SBC territories, but it's also kind of a double edged sword. The tool is meant for CLECs and not internal people, so sometimes they'll provision test numbers in ranges that're otherwise completely empty. Sometimes they'll keep the real one a secret, other times it'll be the same one with all the interesting test numbers.

If you're looking for some thoughts on phreaking in general, Evan Doorbell's How I Became a Phone Phreak series is a good listen. It talks a lot about electromechanical stuff, but a lot of the curiosities he had are definitely still valid for digital switching. http://www.evan-doorbell.com/production/

Heh, love it! Got it up right now. Big Brother is watc^H^H^H^Hlistening to YOU! (Some nice call progress tones on there, too.)

There's a ton of those lying around in that range too. I wonder if they edit students out of all their photos once they're yanked off campus xD .

Thanks for your insights, TP!

After a little bumping around, I found out that my local ILEC happens to be Windstream (Public Utilities Commissions websites are useful, it seems!), but I'm within a few miles of both AT&T Ohio AND CenturyLink, so I'm wondering if I might find some of their 'castoffs' through some searching.

Now, according to Windstream's site, they'll offer me all the bells and whistles for home phone service for $45 a month... But something tells me I don't need it all. Is there stuff I should / shouldn't ask for (like, I don't know, All-Call Blocking)? Particular department I should ask to speak to?

And it's funny you mentioned Mister Doorbell... He's kind of to blame for getting me here in the first place. I listen to his tapes all the time, and I heard a lot of mentions about Al Bernay on the second (I believe) SoCal tape on the site... So one internet search later brought me here, and seeing a forum called "Old Skool Phreaking"... To quote Evan:

"Far-bleeping-out!"

So... Now I'm hooked. Heh.

I'll definitely peruse the texts, and I might have to call that number when I get home... Unless it's one of those that's only POTS-reachable?

using https://ebiznet.att.com/testline/ I think I might have found loop numbers. not sure since I've not had a chance to test them yet. I will update this if It proves a success. Nope just goes to busy...

Edited by d3crypt

440-333-9884 - "Rocky River 3-3, New DMS-100, 4-4-0 NPA" - Repeat 1x, then to reorder

Thanks for that TP... Very cool. :)

Kinda bizarre one I found on my old college's exchange... Tried the "add one to the MW test" trick.

216-397-0833 - This starts out with one ring, then a single run of the standard "number disconnected" recording. It then goes to reorder... Which trips after about a half-second into a standard ring, a total of 5 of them. At that point, the line sounds like it supes, then nothing but silence (with faint background hiss) for about 45 seconds before going to reorder again. I didn't try talking on it or anything of the sort because my little guy and wife were around.

Migth be worth a revisit.

Now, according to Windstream's site, they'll offer me all the bells and whistles for home phone service for $45 a month... But something tells me I don't need it all. Is there stuff I should / shouldn't ask for (like, I don't know, All-Call Blocking)?

I'd just ask for the basic, no-frills generic local calling service (whatever they call it... around here I think Commielink calls it the "starter" package or something dumbass like that). You really don't even need to subscribe to a long-distance carrier (if they'll let you do that)... You can always use a CAC to make long distance calls. (Hint: program a few into your telephone's memories, if it has that-- you can then dial the rest of the number afterward. So for example you might have 1010288 (AT$T) programmed in memory #1 so you'd just push that then dial say 1 206 958-1050 manually*. Saves lots of time and keypresses, especially when working all-night marathon wardialling sessionz over different carrierz.)

* Machine up in 095T-land that makes weird noises when you throw DTMFs at it.

Particular department I should ask to speak to?

Probably the business office. You could try just plugging a phone in then dialling 0 for the operator, that's what I did to set up my account. If you have a fone book it should be in the front where all the other service details are.

And it's funny you mentioned Mister Doorbell... He's kind of to blame for getting me here in the first place. I listen to his tapes all the time

+1

Oh by the way-- an inter box is a VERY useful thing to have on your line. Which, chances are, Mr. Doorbell probably used to make at least some of his recordings. I have yet to meet a phreak around here who doesn't have at least one inter box.

Edited by scratchytcarrier