Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Afterm4th

factory cable for motorola razr - procedure for data recovery?

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261504986530?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have just ordered the above cable in hopes that I can recover data from my motorola razr.

I have already tried replacing the battery to no avail. When plugged in, it shows a battery with a red line through it, as if to say there is no battery detected.

Can anyone tell me if this cable will allow me to boot up the phone and allow me to recover some files that I have saved on it? 

Thanks for any insight 

Where did the replacement battery come from? I've had a lot of trouble out of counterfeit replacements from eBay and Amazon, all from sellers with good reviews.

Where did the replacement battery come from? I've had a lot of trouble out of counterfeit replacements from eBay and Amazon, all from sellers with good reviews.

Im my friend bought it from some tech shop in Vancouver BC... it does appear to be legit; motorola logo/branded, same model numbers etc..

the thing is , the phone was dropped in the tub and totally submerged in water. It was then put in rice for a few days but then would not turn on, and when we try to charge it, it gives us the "no battery" symbol.. and no change after we replace the battery.

so yeah, ive ordered the factory cable in hopes to power the device so i can get my documents.. im just hoping I will be able to do that... if not, do you have any other suggestions?

You could try disassembling and cleaning the circuit boards. Usually hot water + toothbrush followed by 91% isopropyl alchol + toothbrush and hot air drying (hair dryer, heat gun on low) will get rid of any small quantities of oxides between pins.

You could try disassembling and cleaning the circuit boards. Usually hot water + toothbrush followed by 91% isopropyl alchol + toothbrush and hot air drying (hair dryer, heat gun on low) will get rid of any small quantities of oxides between pins.

Thats actually not bad advice. Im going to try the factory cable first. The documents are pretty important. If the factory cable doesnt work, ill try cleaning it with iso and distilled water as you suggest. If that still doesnt work I think my last hope is professional data recovery services (not cool)